Combining Elora and Reta — has anyone tried it?

RadicalCrimson said:

I’m relying on Elora’s extended half-life (~2 months until steady state is reached, with 5 half-lifes equaling 65 days) to level out any food noise during the switch from Reta to Tirz.

IMO, adjusting the Elora dose shouldn’t happen unless this lag is factored in.

Yeah, that extended 1/2 life really matters when you're moving doses upward. Strange as it sounds, plenty of folks seem to jump in at 3mg. As for me, I went from 2mg last week up to 2.5mg this week. I went back and forth on jumping straight to 3mg, but the 1/2 life made me reconsider. I'm roughly 5 or 6 weeks in now, so steady state should be kicking in around this point. On top of that, I'm lowering my tirzepatide as the elora goes up. I had been on 20mg, then dropped to 17mg last week, and tomorrow I'm aiming for 15mg.
 
When it comes to tweaking Elora doses, that extended half life really ought to be factored in. With the majority of GLP drugs that have a 1-week half life, you need 4 weeks before levels level off. For Elora, since its half life is 2 weeks, that works out to 4 x 2-week half lives — meaning you'd ideally space dose bumps 8 weeks apart so concentrations can reach a steady peak. I don't know what the official titration schedule for Elora looks like, or whether one even exists at this point.
 
Roughly 80% of the rise in your GLP level happens during week 2. With Elora, you reach 50% at 2 weeks and about 80% by week 5.

As with a GLP, if you want, you can move up fast by splitting things into several smaller doses across a period, driving your accumulated level to whatever the weekly injection steady state would give you, and after that switch over to dosing less often.
 
I have to say, that's typically been my approach: tiny amounts daily or every other day, letting me ramp up to a sensible dose fast while avoiding the danger of abrupt side effects.
 
Back
Top