Combining Elora and Reta — has anyone tried it?

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
 
Back in June I reached my target weight, yet since then I've been yo-yoing.

Fat loss has stalled, and I'm sitting a few pounds over goal. You could call it “maintenance,” but it's not what I'd want.

My reasoning was that Elora might let me cut back on Reta, since higher doses gave me side effects (those doses were what got me to goal in the first place).

At minimum, I wanted to move from 2x/wk down to 1x/wk, relying on the extended stretch without food noise it would offer — but to do that I had to drop from 14 to 12mg so the peaks stayed the same.

That plan didn't pan out. After 4 doses at 3mg, Elora hasn't outperformed cagri so far, though I'm aware several more weeks at that same dose are needed before steady state is reached, given the long half-life.

Reintroducing tirz is the next move, with the hope of tapering reta down.

Historically I've required large tirz doses (stalled at 15mg/5 days). My plan was to add 5mg, but today I took a “loading dose” of 7.5mg.

(My tirz use started in December 2024, and I eventually moved to Reta in January 2026)
 
Elora is included in the Regimen app, though it won't show future projections. Shotsy, on the other hand, does provide that. According to the PK figures I plugged in from published sources, I'm currently sitting near 7mg, and my highest dose reaches 9.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
I fell for that too.

UP TO NOW, paired with reta it hasn't outperformed Cagri in my case.

(Uther 0531 batch)

Sure, it does something — appetite completely gone — but no extra pounds lost.

My take: essentially Cagri, only with fewer side effects and less hassle mixing due to pH, yet costing 3x as much.

(Previously I ran Cagri at 2.4mg for 4 weeks — after months of titrating up to that — then moved to Elora 3mg)

On top of that, I'm now noticing my resting heart rate dropping, despite having quit metoprolol a few weeks back (though I did also take Reta down from 14 to 12).
 
About the post above. I'm simply wondering how that mechanism plays out? Broadly speaking, when hunger drops you consume less food, which puts you in a calorie deficit or deepens an existing one, and that leads to fat loss — that's basically the route GLP's and amylin agonists take, aside from some smaller influences on metabolic pathways.

So if hunger is at zero, why would calorie intake stay the same? Unless you're following a set diet plan with a fixed daily calorie target no matter what hunger signals you get, or you already had no hunger while on cagri — in that case, why not cut calories further to speed up weight loss? I'm thinking about switching from cagri to elora, since I can't handle cagri above 0.5mg per week without feeling sick ( alongside tirz 15/reta 6mg ), and I'm trying to keep off 80 kilos. So hearing from people who have made the swap would be helpful.
 
RadicalCrimson said:

I went from 14mg Reta plus 2.4mg cagri over to 12mg Reta plus 3mg elora, dosing every 7 days.

4 doses in, and my weight has stayed exactly the same.

Looks like I'll be returning to 14mg Reta (7mg/3.5 days).

How old are you, and what do you weigh?

Those doses seem very large. That said, I've also had a weaker response than I anticipated (using 6mg reta plus 1,25mg cagri), and I'm considering increasing my doses.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
bimagrumab is going to be the game changer once it's available.
 
RadicalCrimson said:

Elora is included in the Regimen app, though it won't show future projections. Shotsy, on the other hand, does provide that. According to the PK figures I plugged in from published sources, I'm currently sitting near 7mg, and my highest dose reaches 9.
which app is this?
 
RadicalCrimson said:

lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
I fell for that too.

UP TO NOW, paired with reta it hasn't outperformed Cagri in my case.

(Uther 0531 batch)

Sure, it does something — appetite completely gone — but no extra pounds lost.

My take: essentially Cagri, only with fewer side effects and less hassle mixing due to pH, yet costing 3x as much.

(Previously I ran Cagri at 2.4mg for 4 weeks — after months of titrating up to that — then moved to Elora 3mg)

On top of that, I'm now noticing my resting heart rate dropping, despite having quit metoprolol a few weeks back (though I did also take Reta down from 14 to 12).
At this dosage, how much did Reta elevate your RHR?
 
RadicalCrimson said:

lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
I fell for that too.

UP TO NOW, paired with reta it hasn't outperformed Cagri in my case.

(Uther 0531 batch)

Sure, it does something — appetite completely gone — but no extra pounds lost.

My take: essentially Cagri, only with fewer side effects and less hassle mixing due to pH, yet costing 3x as much.

(Previously I ran Cagri at 2.4mg for 4 weeks — after months of titrating up to that — then moved to Elora 3mg)

On top of that, I'm now noticing my resting heart rate dropping, despite having quit metoprolol a few weeks back (though I did also take Reta down from 14 to 12).
That leaves me puzzled. Earlier you brought up increasing your Reta dose. At the end of the day, fat loss is driven by calories, unless there's some unusual hormonal issue at play. From what's known, Elora shouldn't produce fat loss beyond what comes from reduced appetite. Reta does add a bit of energy expenditure via glucagon, though it amounts to roughly a granola bar's worth.

If you're feeling absolutely no hunger, the logical read is that you're taking in more calories than a deficit would require.
 
SOOO....my knowledge here is basically zero. I've read exactly 1....ONE piece about it, and honestly the only reason I even opened it was because reta got a mention too. The gist of that story was that Elora operates through entirely different pathways compared to GLPs/reta. From what I gathered, one part of big pharma's endgame involves stacking elora alongside GLPs, and supposedly this could be a genuine game changer when it comes to weight loss....or at least that's what that ONE article I read said LOL. hit me up if you'd like more pointers on how to do thorough research so you can post comments online 😂🤣
 
lessthanhalf said:

About the post above. I'm simply wondering how that mechanism plays out? Broadly speaking, when hunger drops you consume less food, which puts you in a calorie deficit or deepens an existing one, and that leads to fat loss — that's basically the route GLP's and amylin agonists take, aside from some smaller influences on metabolic pathways.

So if hunger is at zero, why would calorie intake stay the same? Unless you're following a set diet plan with a fixed daily calorie target no matter what hunger signals you get, or you already had no hunger while on cagri — in that case, why not cut calories further to speed up weight loss? I'm thinking about switching from cagri to elora, since I can't handle cagri above 0.5mg per week without feeling sick ( alongside tirz 15/reta 6mg ), and I'm trying to keep off 80 kilos. So hearing from people who have made the swap would be helpful.
For my situation this combination looks promising: I'm aiming to reduce my Reta dose because higher amounts give me allodynia and anhedonia, plus I've got a supply of 15mg Zepbound pens arriving free from my insurance 🙂

As of today, I'm back at my goal weight. Heh. Maybe the extra tirz from Monday is doing something.

Since reaching goal weight, my weight has swung from 5 lbs under to 5 lbs over.

Lately I reintroduced protein bars — just under 400 cals — but that alone could well have erased my calorie deficit.

Quest bars work well for me: each has 12g fiber, 170-190 cals, and 20g protein. I have 2 of them.

I also started a beet root shot, which adds 60 calories. That's it, no more.

My RHR didn't budge from Reta, yet Elora clearly affected it.

Shotsy is the app I use. Regimen is another app that includes Elora.
 
Alright, after you all helped me look at how I've been acting lately and notice it's different, I think my earlier remarks about Elora were too harsh.

All I'm doing is sharing what happened for me, replying to the original question in this thread.
 
groer said:

lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
bimagrumab is going to be the game changer once it's available.

Yeah, bimagrumab looks really promising when it comes to keeping lean mass and for weight loss that's addictive.
 
RadicalCrimson said:

Alright, after you all helped me look at how I've been acting lately and notice it's different, I think my earlier remarks about Elora were too harsh.

All I'm doing is sharing what happened for me, replying to the original question in this thread.

Hearing different perspectives and experiences with elora is valuable, so your earlier input was much appreciated. Especially this part:

RadicalCrimson said:

lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
I fell for that too.

UP TO NOW, paired with reta it hasn't outperformed Cagri in my case.

(Uther 0531 batch)

Sure, it does something — appetite completely gone — but no extra pounds lost.

My take: essentially Cagri, only with fewer side effects and less hassle mixing due to pH, yet costing 3x as much.

(Previously I ran Cagri at 2.4mg for 4 weeks — after months of titrating up to that — then moved to Elora 3mg)

On top of that, I'm now noticing my resting heart rate dropping, despite having quit metoprolol a few weeks back (though I did also take Reta down from 14 to 12).

For me, elora feels a lot like cagri, though the tiredness I get from elora is nowhere near what cagri gave me. Cagri left me completely wiped out.

On top of that — and this is only guesswork — I suspect that having used cagri before might change how well elora works at lower amounts. Given that you could handle 2.4mg of cagri, it's possible a higher elora dose would be required.
 
Grogu said:

groer said:

lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
bimagrumab is going to be the game changer once it's available.

Yeah, bimagrumab looks really promising when it comes to keeping lean mass and for weight loss that's addictive.
The issue with bimagrumab, similar to many recent biologics, is that it relies on antibodies rather than peptides. That makes it very improbable it would show up on the grey or black market. Producing antibody-based therapeutics is far harder, pricier and more involved, so I doubt the grey market would even attempt it.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Grogu said:

groer said:

lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
bimagrumab is going to be the game changer once it's available.

Yeah, bimagrumab looks really promising when it comes to keeping lean mass and for weight loss that's addictive.
The issue with bimagrumab, similar to many recent biologics, is that it relies on antibodies rather than peptides. That makes it very improbable it would show up on the grey or black market. Producing antibody-based therapeutics is far harder, pricier and more involved, so I doubt the grey market would even attempt it.

Oh man, that’s a real shame. I hadn’t really done much digging on bimagrumab. The whole notion of holding onto lean mass — or even adding some — while dropping weight sounded amazing. So does that mean Maritide is off the table for the grey market too?
 
Grogu said:

RadicalCrimson said:

Alright, after you all helped me look at how I've been acting lately and notice it's different, I think my earlier remarks about Elora were too harsh.

All I'm doing is sharing what happened for me, replying to the original question in this thread.

Hearing different perspectives and experiences with elora is valuable, so your earlier input was much appreciated. Especially this part:

RadicalCrimson said:

lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
I fell for that too.

UP TO NOW, paired with reta it hasn't outperformed Cagri in my case.

(Uther 0531 batch)

Sure, it does something — appetite completely gone — but no extra pounds lost.

My take: essentially Cagri, only with fewer side effects and less hassle mixing due to pH, yet costing 3x as much.

(Previously I ran Cagri at 2.4mg for 4 weeks — after months of titrating up to that — then moved to Elora 3mg)

On top of that, I'm now noticing my resting heart rate dropping, despite having quit metoprolol a few weeks back (though I did also take Reta down from 14 to 12).

For me, elora feels a lot like cagri, though the tiredness I get from elora is nowhere near what cagri gave me. Cagri left me completely wiped out.

On top of that — and this is only guesswork — I suspect that having used cagri before might change how well elora works at lower amounts. Given that you could handle 2.4mg of cagri, it's possible a higher elora dose would be required.
Even with what you first thought, it seems like Elora could be doing more for you than cagri did, since you're getting less fatigue — although that could simply be because the dose is lower. Still, I'd lean toward agreeing: at 2.4 of cagri, you'd probably need a bigger Elora dose, and that starts to get fairly pricey. And while Elora brings more side effects once the dose goes up, it's still the better option compared with cagri.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Grogu said:

RadicalCrimson said:

Alright, after you all helped me look at how I've been acting lately and notice it's different, I think my earlier remarks about Elora were too harsh.

All I'm doing is sharing what happened for me, replying to the original question in this thread.

Hearing different perspectives and experiences with elora is valuable, so your earlier input was much appreciated. Especially this part:

RadicalCrimson said:

lessthanhalf said:

Curious to hear how the pairing pans out for those who try it. Theoretically, this could end up being the strongest fat-loss combination yet, especially considering how promising the early tirz + elora data appeared. Another theoretical upside: it might deliver great results at reduced amounts of each — reta no more than 4mg, elora no more than 3mg — potentially yielding a very favorable weight loss to side effect balance, and maybe even outperforming larger amounts of either one alone with fewer adverse effects.
I fell for that too.

UP TO NOW, paired with reta it hasn't outperformed Cagri in my case.

(Uther 0531 batch)

Sure, it does something — appetite completely gone — but no extra pounds lost.

My take: essentially Cagri, only with fewer side effects and less hassle mixing due to pH, yet costing 3x as much.

(Previously I ran Cagri at 2.4mg for 4 weeks — after months of titrating up to that — then moved to Elora 3mg)

On top of that, I'm now noticing my resting heart rate dropping, despite having quit metoprolol a few weeks back (though I did also take Reta down from 14 to 12).

For me, elora feels a lot like cagri, though the tiredness I get from elora is nowhere near what cagri gave me. Cagri left me completely wiped out.

On top of that — and this is only guesswork — I suspect that having used cagri before might change how well elora works at lower amounts. Given that you could handle 2.4mg of cagri, it's possible a higher elora dose would be required.
Even with what you first thought, it seems like Elora could be doing more for you than cagri did, since you're getting less fatigue — although that could simply be because the dose is lower. Still, I'd lean toward agreeing: at 2.4 of cagri, you'd probably need a bigger Elora dose, and that starts to get fairly pricey. And while Elora brings more side effects once the dose goes up, it's still the better option compared with cagri.
The person who was running 2.4mg of cagri was me — not @Grogu, who only quoted my post.

Neither Cagri nor Elora gave me any fatigue (though with Cagri I stuck to the long study protocol).

Also, I'm still in the middle of moving off 14mg Reta (which I hit goal on) toward 15mg Tirz + 6mg Reta (with 3mg Elora added).

Monday was 7.5mg Tirz — my first Tirz injection since December — and today was 10mg. The plan is to take the next one 7 days from now (next Friday) at 15mg.

My most recent Reta dose was 12mg last Saturday; the next one is scheduled for Monday at 6mg.

I rely on Shotsy for forecasting future levels (honestly, it doesn't look all that accurate).
 
I’m relying on Elora’s extended half-life (~2 months until steady state is reached, with 5 half-lifes equaling 65 days) to level out any food noise during the switch from Reta to Tirz.

IMO, adjusting the Elora dose shouldn’t happen unless this lag is factored in.
 
Back
Top