Colonoscopy and Endoscopy today

Spork said:

endlrls said:

deleted.user.27 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

you've got this! can't wait for you to come back and tell us how easy it turned out to be, since mine is booked for July 1st
Honestly, it won't be as rough as you're probably imagining—you'll be OK, since they put you under pretty deeply. As others have mentioned, the tough part is getting ready beforehand; the barium is just unpleasant in flavor, nothing more. Here's hoping your screening comes back completely clear.
I had no idea Barium was still a thing people drink as prep? When my sister went through hers a few years back, those particular "drink flavors" they use for the prep (no dyes, and whatever else) ended up ruining her for life on them.. Definitely makes me excited for my own when I hit 50.
Because colon cancer is showing up in increasingly younger people, the recommendations are different these days.

The age is 45 now. So if you are 45 or older but haven't hit 50 yet, schedule yourself an appointment!
My friend, I've already gone through Colo-guard... I'm covered until 50... but everyone has their own approach
 
endlrls said:

deleted.user.27 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

you've got this! can't wait for you to come back and tell us how easy it turned out to be, since mine is booked for July 1st
Honestly, it won't be as rough as you're probably imagining—you'll be OK, since they put you under pretty deeply. As others have mentioned, the tough part is getting ready beforehand; the barium is just unpleasant in flavor, nothing more. Here's hoping your screening comes back completely clear.
I had no idea Barium was still a thing people drink as prep? When my sister went through hers a few years back, those particular "drink flavors" they use for the prep (no dyes, and whatever else) ended up ruining her for life on them.. Definitely makes me excited for my own when I hit 50.
Believe me, compared to the prostate check with a single glove and a tube of jelly gunk, this is vastly preferable. Still, it's something you've got to go through. I've watched relatives and close friends endure an illness that, caught early, can be halted. That kind of passing isn't peaceful. Stay on top of it, everyone — your loved ones need you around.
 
deleted.user.27 said:

endlrls said:

deleted.user.27 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

you've got this! can't wait for you to come back and tell us how easy it turned out to be, since mine is booked for July 1st
Honestly, it won't be as rough as you're probably imagining—you'll be OK, since they put you under pretty deeply. As others have mentioned, the tough part is getting ready beforehand; the barium is just unpleasant in flavor, nothing more. Here's hoping your screening comes back completely clear.
I had no idea Barium was still a thing people drink as prep? When my sister went through hers a few years back, those particular "drink flavors" they use for the prep (no dyes, and whatever else) ended up ruining her for life on them.. Definitely makes me excited for my own when I hit 50.
Believe me, compared to the prostate check with a single glove and a tube of jelly gunk, this is vastly preferable. Still, it's something you've got to go through. I've watched relatives and close friends endure an illness that, caught early, can be halted. That kind of passing isn't peaceful. Stay on top of it, everyone — your loved ones need you around.
Yeah, I hear you... For my 45 plus colon cancer screening I went with Colo-guard... Sure, compared to an actual colonoscopy it doesn't measure up... Even so, I made sure to do what I could for early detection...

On a related note: the prostate exam waiting for me later on is not something I'm excited about 😅 😅
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
Next week it's my turn for a colonoscopy/endoscopy! My final Tirz injection was close to 2 weeks back, so I'm right there with you.

Let us know how it goes and what you experience!
 
TALK TO ME GR33DY! !

Dude! ! A year ago, while I was between flights, a thrombotic hemorrhoid ruptured on me. DW tracked down black pants and maxipads for me. According to her, I'd never survive as a girl.

Just don't put up any pictures, and I won't put up any either.🤣

Your buddy,

Squatchy
 
endlrls said:

deleted.user.27 said:

endlrls said:

deleted.user.27 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

you've got this! can't wait for you to come back and tell us how easy it turned out to be, since mine is booked for July 1st
Honestly, it won't be as rough as you're probably imagining—you'll be OK, since they put you under pretty deeply. As others have mentioned, the tough part is getting ready beforehand; the barium is just unpleasant in flavor, nothing more. Here's hoping your screening comes back completely clear.
I had no idea Barium was still a thing people drink as prep? When my sister went through hers a few years back, those particular "drink flavors" they use for the prep (no dyes, and whatever else) ended up ruining her for life on them.. Definitely makes me excited for my own when I hit 50.
Believe me, compared to the prostate check with a single glove and a tube of jelly gunk, this is vastly preferable. Still, it's something you've got to go through. I've watched relatives and close friends endure an illness that, caught early, can be halted. That kind of passing isn't peaceful. Stay on top of it, everyone — your loved ones need you around.
Yeah, I hear you... For my 45 plus colon cancer screening I went with Colo-guard... Sure, compared to an actual colonoscopy it doesn't measure up... Even so, I made sure to do what I could for early detection...

On a related note: the prostate exam waiting for me later on is not something I'm excited about 😅 😅

That recommendation isn't what it used to be either.

These days, a PSA blood test is what you should be asking for—a DRE (Digital Rectal Exam) is no longer considered the standard way to screen for prostate cancer.

Should your doctor be unusually keen on performing a DRE, that's probably a bit of a red flag.

And if he goes ahead with the DRE while clapping his hands, that's probably a much bigger red flag—because at that point, that ain't his finger.
 
whaaat ! they give you propofol ! that's fortunate, mine was done with zero meds last year.. It was doable, though the midazolam/fentanyl combo would have been my pick ;.)

Best of luck, and rest well !
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
A guy, 47, with relatives who've had cancer, and I've gone past the recommended date for my Colonoscopy. Here's a heads-up: figure out the financial side before you go in. When I had my one and only so far, I rang up my insurer and they said it was covered(USA). A few thousand dollars in bills showed up after! Apparently it was "coded incorrectly". Nobody cared, and the cost landed on me. What I took away: the practice's billing person has a better grasp than the insurance rep who's just following a script. Still, like everyone else mentioned, the sleep is fantastic!!!
 
DocD said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
A guy, 47, with relatives who've had cancer, and I've gone past the recommended date for my Colonoscopy. Here's a heads-up: figure out the financial side before you go in. When I had my one and only so far, I rang up my insurer and they said it was covered(USA). A few thousand dollars in bills showed up after! Apparently it was "coded incorrectly". Nobody cared, and the cost landed on me. What I took away: the practice's billing person has a better grasp than the insurance rep who's just following a script. Still, like everyone else mentioned, the sleep is fantastic!!!

So my gallbladder came out earlier this year, which means my deductible is already handled — and at this point it seems like every issue I've got is basically costing me nothing!!!

Last year an ER trip for a GB attack got denied by insurance, and I was furious enough that I doubt I'll pay it. Still, anything in network is either covered or being processed. Real medical bills, sure, I'll take care of those — but the nearest hospital to me happened to be out of network when I needed care? Seriously?

Regardless, I got through it!!!! This thread getting this big wasn't something I saw coming, though it makes total sense that the over 40 and 50 crowd

took an interest in it 🤣🤣🤣🤣didn't expect it but NOT SURPRISED LFMAOOOOO!!!!!

No polyps, no cancer, no rips or tears of any kind showed up. My prep was excellent, and they took biopsies from a few spots for celiacs, barrets and some other things.

Overall it looks like I'm mostly in the clear! They said see you in ten years!!!!

Motherfuckers I might not live that long, I've got a gray secret obsession with "shooting chinese god only knows what" in my spare time!!

Anyway! Ty to anyone wondering if I had a half pound broccoli stock up my ass, lol I dont apparently!!!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

DocD said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
A guy, 47, with relatives who've had cancer, and I've gone past the recommended date for my Colonoscopy. Here's a heads-up: figure out the financial side before you go in. When I had my one and only so far, I rang up my insurer and they said it was covered(USA). A few thousand dollars in bills showed up after! Apparently it was "coded incorrectly". Nobody cared, and the cost landed on me. What I took away: the practice's billing person has a better grasp than the insurance rep who's just following a script. Still, like everyone else mentioned, the sleep is fantastic!!!

So my gallbladder came out earlier this year, which means my deductible is already handled — and at this point it seems like every issue I've got is basically costing me nothing!!!

Last year an ER trip for a GB attack got denied by insurance, and I was furious enough that I doubt I'll pay it. Still, anything in network is either covered or being processed. Real medical bills, sure, I'll take care of those — but the nearest hospital to me happened to be out of network when I needed care? Seriously?

Regardless, I got through it!!!! This thread getting this big wasn't something I saw coming, though it makes total sense that the over 40 and 50 crowd

took an interest in it 🤣🤣🤣🤣didn't expect it but NOT SURPRISED LFMAOOOOO!!!!!

No polyps, no cancer, no rips or tears of any kind showed up. My prep was excellent, and they took biopsies from a few spots for celiacs, barrets and some other things.

Overall it looks like I'm mostly in the clear! They said see you in ten years!!!!

Motherfuckers I might not live that long, I've got a gray secret obsession with "shooting chinese god only knows what" in my spare time!!

Anyway! Ty to anyone wondering if I had a half pound broccoli stock up my ass, lol I dont apparently!!!
Great to hear you made it through.... 👍 😎
 
miss-sanne said:

whaaat ! they give you propofol ! that's fortunate, mine was done with zero meds last year.. It was doable, though the midazolam/fentanyl combo would have been my pick ;.)

Best of luck, and rest well !
The propofol felt like battery acid running through my veins; as I lost consciousness, I thought something had gone wrong.
 
endlrls said:

deleted.user.27 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

you've got this! can't wait for you to come back and tell us how easy it turned out to be, since mine is booked for July 1st
Honestly, it won't be as rough as you're probably imagining—you'll be OK, since they put you under pretty deeply. As others have mentioned, the tough part is getting ready beforehand; the barium is just unpleasant in flavor, nothing more. Here's hoping your screening comes back completely clear.
I had no idea Barium was still a thing people drink as prep? When my sister went through hers a few years back, those particular "drink flavors" they use for the prep (no dyes, and whatever else) ended up ruining her for life on them.. Definitely makes me excited for my own when I hit 50.
I used MiraLAX for mine
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

DocD said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
A guy, 47, with relatives who've had cancer, and I've gone past the recommended date for my Colonoscopy. Here's a heads-up: figure out the financial side before you go in. When I had my one and only so far, I rang up my insurer and they said it was covered(USA). A few thousand dollars in bills showed up after! Apparently it was "coded incorrectly". Nobody cared, and the cost landed on me. What I took away: the practice's billing person has a better grasp than the insurance rep who's just following a script. Still, like everyone else mentioned, the sleep is fantastic!!!

So my gallbladder came out earlier this year, which means my deductible is already handled — and at this point it seems like every issue I've got is basically costing me nothing!!!

Last year an ER trip for a GB attack got denied by insurance, and I was furious enough that I doubt I'll pay it. Still, anything in network is either covered or being processed. Real medical bills, sure, I'll take care of those — but the nearest hospital to me happened to be out of network when I needed care? Seriously?

Regardless, I got through it!!!! This thread getting this big wasn't something I saw coming, though it makes total sense that the over 40 and 50 crowd

took an interest in it 🤣🤣🤣🤣didn't expect it but NOT SURPRISED LFMAOOOOO!!!!!

No polyps, no cancer, no rips or tears of any kind showed up. My prep was excellent, and they took biopsies from a few spots for celiacs, barrets and some other things.

Overall it looks like I'm mostly in the clear! They said see you in ten years!!!!

Motherfuckers I might not live that long, I've got a gray secret obsession with "shooting chinese god only knows what" in my spare time!!

Anyway! Ty to anyone wondering if I had a half pound broccoli stock up my ass, lol I dont apparently!!!
Hahaha. At a sushi bar where my 40+ buddies and I (I'm 44) have hung out since our teen years, we were seated around discussing prostate checks, retirement portfolios, and the struggles of grown kids. Then one of them looked at everyone and asked, "Remember when all we talked about at this bar when we started coming here was smoking weed, chicks, and video games". Oh, to be young again 🙂

And no...everyone did NOT stand and applaud!
 
RetCurious said:

miss-sanne said:

whaaat ! they give you propofol ! that's fortunate, mine was done with zero meds last year.. It was doable, though the midazolam/fentanyl combo would have been my pick ;.)

Best of luck, and rest well !
The propofol felt like battery acid running through my veins; as I lost consciousness, I thought something had gone wrong.
Just before going under, I said, "I can feel it"...then I came to in recovery asking, "How did I get here" — it felt like only 30 seconds had passed.... 👍 😎
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
Ugh, that's something I'm really dreading. Truth is, I should have had a colonoscopy by now, but I talked my doctor into delaying it until I hit 50 — that's 2 yrs away — since nobody in my family has had cancer in that region.

As you put it, "at least you don't have to go to work today." And here's to getting back on track!!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
Wait, what? I'm pretty sure you brought up a colonoscopy back in February? If you're just fishing for people to feel sorry for you, there are simpler ways to do that here.
 
miss-sanne said:

whaaat ! they give you propofol ! that's fortunate, mine was done with zero meds last year.. It was doable, though the midazolam/fentanyl combo would have been my pick ;.)

Best of luck, and rest well !
Man, that was fantastic. I'm chatting with the 4 or 5 folks in the room, then suddenly I'm coming out of a great sleep!!!! Much appreciated!
 
CNCCurrency said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
Wait, what? I'm pretty sure you brought up a colonoscopy back in February? If you're just fishing for people to feel sorry for you, there are simpler ways to do that here.
Nope — on Feb 9 I had my gallbladder removed, friend. This was a whole new level of misery.
 
Back
Top