Colonoscopy and Endoscopy today

Gr33dyOctopus

Explorer
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Location
Federal way wa
Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
 
Get ready, make the appointment, and hold on tight! That drink really hits hard!

Since they're doing both procedures together, you'll be asleep for it. Wishing you good results and a smooth recovery.
 
Took my dad to get his colonoscopy done. For straight guys, that's about the closest thing to a gay date you'll ever have. You spend the day before flushing everything out, show up somewhere unfamiliar, get medicated, let some dude thread a scope up inside you, and then wrap it up with a late breakfast.

So just relax and go with it, don't beat yourself up if a few pounds come back, and then slide back into your normal routine.
 
Wishing you the best, man—those 2 days while you wait on results are rough, I've been there. I just went through a CT scan myself (stage 1 kidney cancer 2 years back), and only now could I switch my phone off DND after spending the last 2 days absolutely terrified.

Truly hoping things go your way, and just keep doing whatever you can to stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible.
 
I've gone through this a few times. Truthfully, it's nothing major. Getting ready beforehand is more of a hassle than the actual thing. Usually, they'll tell you what they found right when you come to. Should they send a sample off for analysis, that adds a few days, but chances are much higher that it's benign rather than something concerning, so don't stress yourself out and just figure it'll all be okay.
 
5byfive said:

I've gone through this a few times. Truthfully, it's nothing major. Getting ready beforehand is more of a hassle than the actual thing. Usually, they'll tell you what they found right when you come to. Should they send a sample off for analysis, that adds a few days, but chances are much higher that it's benign rather than something concerning, so don't stress yourself out and just figure it'll all be okay.
True — plus they give you some really good drugs that leave you high! The prep is the rough part, though.

Sending good thoughts to the octopus.
 
Appreciate it, everyone — aging is no joke. Putting off dealing with health problems until I hit my late 40's was a truly awful, no-good, buzzkill of a decision.

These days, kicking cigarettes, dropping pounds, going through recent operations and keeping Dr. Appointments are things that actually matter to me. Turns out I'm not immortal after all!

Also, Tirzmonkey, sending you the very very best wishes — it sounds like you're stepping up for your own health, and I hope things go well for you down the road.
 
And I just wanted to mention, my paid chatgpt assistant is hilarious and honestly almost feels like talking to an actual person...

It has stuck with me through every part of my health journey, and even though I realize plenty of folks dislike AI...

I simply can't praise it enough!

It has been such a big, positive support for getting through hard times.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Appreciate it, everyone — aging is no joke. Putting off dealing with health problems until I hit my late 40's was a truly awful, no-good, buzzkill of a decision.

These days, kicking cigarettes, dropping pounds, going through recent operations and keeping Dr. Appointments are things that actually matter to me. Turns out I'm not immortal after all!

Also, Tirzmonkey, sending you the very very best wishes — it sounds like you're stepping up for your own health, and I hope things go well for you down the road.
We're all dealing with the same situation. Two years ago in March, I got sent to the ER because my 10 year old stepson passed a nasty stomach bug to me — that turned out to be a stroke of luck. During that visit, they happened to spot a 3.4 cm tumor; if it hadn't been caught then, it would have taken my life eventually. Now, 2 years on, I'm doing well. The odds of it coming back are very low, but I'll keep getting scans for as long as my insurance covers them (which is more than I can say for my weight loss meds, hahah). Can't wait to hear your update once it's done — best of luck once more.
 
For my prep, I mixed a large amount of miralax plus laxative into Gatorade. No stomach cramps came my way, though the diarrhea was relentless. Setting aside that gloomy sense of being violated, the whole procedure went smoothly. I didn't even have a huge fart afterward.
 
BNLFL said:

Don't stress, @Gr33dyOctopus gets a kick out of doing these.
Just out of curiosity — an octopus's a88, where exactly is that located? Just trying to lend the doctors a hand.
 
At 52 I went through my scope, and she told me I belonged to the 10 year club since I was reasonably clean. Not 10 years, and never again, unless my PSA goes up. According to her, I had Diverticulosis in 1 spot. Whether she took a bad turn in there I can't prove, but roughly 3 yrs. later I developed Diverticulitis with a perforation. For 3 weeks my body reeked like dogshit, and my breath turned awful. Then came crippling stomach pain. During that entire stretch, bile was leaking where it shouldn't. Seriously strong IV antibiotics for 2 days kept me from Sepsis. Gut health matters enormously, as I learned the hard way. With my dad, early detection would've saved his life. Good to hear you folks did the right thing; the scope sucks big, but I was out for mine. Peace!! Stay healthy.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Ugh, this GoLYTELY stuff tastes absolutely awful. I've been away from glp1s for close to a month now. The procedure was originally scheduled for the 26th of last month, but my potassium came back way too high, so they moved it to 6/10.

After they retested my bloods, things were back in the normal range.

So why am I posting this here?

A month ago I had gotten down to 213 and change, right? Now I'm bouncing around between 218 and 219, which means I put on 5 or 6 pounds just from that month off. Damn it. I ought to be closing in on Onederland by now rather than going backwards.

Fingers crossed nothing unexpected turns up from my procedures. After browsing the colonoscopy subreddit, I'm now certain it's pure nightmare fuel and I really regret ever opening that page...

On the bright side, at least I'm not at work today 😄
Perhaps today will undo all the weight you put on!!
 
I came across a YouTube clip featuring 2 anesthesiologists who talked about whether GLP1's actually need to be paused ahead of a colonoscopy, and now I can't locate it for the life of me. Their point was that rather than halting the GLP1, you could keep taking it while avoiding solid food for 24+ hours, which would leave nothing solid sitting in the stomach. Something like Ensure Clear provides sufficient calories, so the patient avoids going hungry. What I took from it: pausing a GLP1 1 week prior to a colonoscopy may not be strictly required. I won't need another colonoscopy for 3 years, so it will be interesting to see whether the pre-scope protocols get updated by then.
 
Wallydog said:

BNLFL said:

Don't stress, @Gr33dyOctopus gets a kick out of doing these.
Just out of curiosity — an octopus's a88, where exactly is that located? Just trying to lend the doctors a hand.
When he returns, go ahead and ask him. There's no doubt he's fully aware of his ass's location.
 
deleted.user.27 said:

At 52 I went through my scope, and she told me I belonged to the 10 year club since I was reasonably clean. Not 10 years, and never again, unless my PSA goes up. According to her, I had Diverticulosis in 1 spot. Whether she took a bad turn in there I can't prove, but roughly 3 yrs. later I developed Diverticulitis with a perforation. For 3 weeks my body reeked like dogshit, and my breath turned awful. Then came crippling stomach pain. During that entire stretch, bile was leaking where it shouldn't. Seriously strong IV antibiotics for 2 days kept me from Sepsis. Gut health matters enormously, as I learned the hard way. With my dad, early detection would've saved his life. Good to hear you folks did the right thing; the scope sucks big, but I was out for mine. Peace!! Stay healthy.
Oh no!! I really ought to have looked at this once I was done hahaha!
 
BNLFL said:

Wallydog said:

BNLFL said:

Don't stress, @Gr33dyOctopus gets a kick out of doing these.
Just out of curiosity — an octopus's a88, where exactly is that located? Just trying to lend the doctors a hand.
When he returns, go ahead and ask him. There's no doubt he's fully aware of his ass's location.
Currently in the waiting room!
 
Back
Top