Clueless about making a crypto purchase safely

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Some people offer a service where they handle crypto purchases on your behalf, and they take a cut — the option I checked had a 3% charge.
 
Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
 
Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
Have you checked out any of the options that still don't need crypto?
 
FilterOrDeath said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
Have you checked out any of the options that still don't need crypto?
Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Wallydog said:

FilterOrDeath said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
Have you checked out any of the options that still don't need crypto?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Head over to stairwaytogray.com, scroll all the way down, and join the TG group. There's a vendor list there that includes the payment types and so on. Naturally, look into whichever vendor you pick.

Beyond that, the site is packed with useful info, so don't overlook it either.
 
FlowerFairy said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Some people offer a service where they handle crypto purchases on your behalf, and they take a cut — the option I checked had a 3% charge.
If you have any recommendations, I'll check them out. Feel free to send me a private message if that's easier for you.
 
Wallydog said:

FlowerFairy said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Some people offer a service where they handle crypto purchases on your behalf, and they take a cut — the option I checked had a 3% charge.
If you have any recommendations, I'll check them out. Feel free to send me a private message if that's easier for you.
At my current rank, sources are still off-limits for me to talk about. Even so, the resource I pointed you toward is a solid way to locate what you're after.
 
FilterOrDeath said:

Wallydog said:

FlowerFairy said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Some people offer a service where they handle crypto purchases on your behalf, and they take a cut — the option I checked had a 3% charge.
If you have any recommendations, I'll check them out. Feel free to send me a private message if that's easier for you.
At my current rank, sources are still off-limits for me to talk about. Even so, the resource I pointed you toward is a solid way to locate what you're after.
I picked up on that too. Strange, since our post counts, likes, and join dates are all pretty close. My bad — I wasn't trying to corner you. Whenever your rank shifts, you can reply then.
 
Wallydog said:

FilterOrDeath said:

Wallydog said:

FlowerFairy said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Some people offer a service where they handle crypto purchases on your behalf, and they take a cut — the option I checked had a 3% charge.
If you have any recommendations, I'll check them out. Feel free to send me a private message if that's easier for you.
At my current rank, sources are still off-limits for me to talk about. Even so, the resource I pointed you toward is a solid way to locate what you're after.
I picked up on that too. Strange, since our post counts, likes, and join dates are all pretty close. My bad — I wasn't trying to corner you. Whenever your rank shifts, you can reply then.
Honestly I have no clue what causes a rank to go up, it's completely baffling lol. Perhaps it'll happen tomorrow, since that'll mark 2 weeks?
 
Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
So why didn’t you put this thread in the crypto corner section instead? I’ve come across countless threads packed with solid advice that I’m sure would’ve helped you move beyond the ā€œwhat’s my first stepā€ phase. 57 posts in 17 days looks like you care more about ā€œranking upā€ than actually learning. Do whatever you want, but don’t act shocked when not many people are eager to spoon feed you.
 
Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
So why didn’t you put this thread in the crypto corner section instead? I’ve come across countless threads packed with solid advice that I’m sure would’ve helped you move beyond the ā€œwhat’s my first stepā€ phase. 57 posts in 17 days looks like you care more about ā€œranking upā€ than actually learning. Do whatever you want, but don’t act shocked when not many people are eager to spoon feed you.
Appreciate the scolding. Has it crossed your mind that newcomers arrive with plenty of questions since a few of us (myself included) are completely lost when it comes to crypto? Dial it back a bit before you start passing judgment on what my reasons are, please.

Like I said, I went through the crypto section and in my view there was way too much info scattered in 12 different directions for it to do me any good. That's why I figured a post in another sub might pull me out of the murky water.

Hopefully that puts your worries to rest.
 
I have no idea how to handle any crypto, though the Telegram wallet struck me as extremely friendly for older users—it hooks straight into your PayPal and takes care of everything. Since ERP operates on Telegram, my guess is that's what they rely on.
 
Going the PayPal/Alipay/whatever route is nothing to be ashamed of. From what I understand, the risk ends up being about the same either way, since it comes down to how reputable the vendor is.

With crypto, there's more room for the user to screw something up. People say you just copy and paste, but I'm the kind of person who punches the same basic equation into a calculator over and over "just to be sure" šŸ˜‚

If you've honestly gone through the whole Crypto Corner forum twice, front to back, then hats off to you. I've only made it halfway and I'm STILL not ready to pull the trigger. I've got a rough sense of which direction I want to take, but the exact way I want to onboard is where I keep getting stuck.
 
Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
So why didn’t you put this thread in the crypto corner section instead? I’ve come across countless threads packed with solid advice that I’m sure would’ve helped you move beyond the ā€œwhat’s my first stepā€ phase. 57 posts in 17 days looks like you care more about ā€œranking upā€ than actually learning. Do whatever you want, but don’t act shocked when not many people are eager to spoon feed you.
Appreciate the scolding. Has it crossed your mind that newcomers arrive with plenty of questions since a few of us (myself included) are completely lost when it comes to crypto? Dial it back a bit before you start passing judgment on what my reasons are, please.

Like I said, I went through the crypto section and in my view there was way too much info scattered in 12 different directions for it to do me any good. That's why I figured a post in another sub might pull me out of the murky water.

Hopefully that puts your worries to rest.
A guide exists that takes you through every single step, one at a time. Short of that, I can't imagine what more anyone in this community could possibly offer to make it any clearer for you.
 
OregonSunshine said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
So why didn’t you put this thread in the crypto corner section instead? I’ve come across countless threads packed with solid advice that I’m sure would’ve helped you move beyond the ā€œwhat’s my first stepā€ phase. 57 posts in 17 days looks like you care more about ā€œranking upā€ than actually learning. Do whatever you want, but don’t act shocked when not many people are eager to spoon feed you.
Appreciate the scolding. Has it crossed your mind that newcomers arrive with plenty of questions since a few of us (myself included) are completely lost when it comes to crypto? Dial it back a bit before you start passing judgment on what my reasons are, please.

Like I said, I went through the crypto section and in my view there was way too much info scattered in 12 different directions for it to do me any good. That's why I figured a post in another sub might pull me out of the murky water.

Hopefully that puts your worries to rest.
A guide exists that takes you through every single step, one at a time. Short of that, I can't imagine what more anyone in this community could possibly offer to make it any clearer for you.
So that explains why plenty of newcomers in this space remain just as lost as I am?
 
Wallydog said:

OregonSunshine said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
So why didn’t you put this thread in the crypto corner section instead? I’ve come across countless threads packed with solid advice that I’m sure would’ve helped you move beyond the ā€œwhat’s my first stepā€ phase. 57 posts in 17 days looks like you care more about ā€œranking upā€ than actually learning. Do whatever you want, but don’t act shocked when not many people are eager to spoon feed you.
Appreciate the scolding. Has it crossed your mind that newcomers arrive with plenty of questions since a few of us (myself included) are completely lost when it comes to crypto? Dial it back a bit before you start passing judgment on what my reasons are, please.

Like I said, I went through the crypto section and in my view there was way too much info scattered in 12 different directions for it to do me any good. That's why I figured a post in another sub might pull me out of the murky water.

Hopefully that puts your worries to rest.
A guide exists that takes you through every single step, one at a time. Short of that, I can't imagine what more anyone in this community could possibly offer to make it any clearer for you.
So that explains why plenty of newcomers in this space remain just as lost as I am?
I had the same problem. Eventually I carved out some time, pulled out my phone, and worked through each step one at a time. A few points tripped me up, so I checked Exodus's FAQ and still got it done. It feels daunting, yet honestly it isn't nearly as tough as it looks.

With that being said, Marketplace Vendors is an option, and I'm aware of at least 1 regular vendor on there who focuses on non-BTC payment methods. Because he's taking on considerable risk by doing that, his pricing reflects it. What they sell costs clearly more than what other vendors charge. Still, if having the ease of Venmo, Cashapp, or another payment method matters that much to you, then it could be worth paying for.
 
On my initial attempt, my bank refused all crypto transactions, including bank transfers, so I ended up buying via Exodus wallet using venmo. It caused a lot of frustration, but after venmo was set up, the process turned out to be fairly simple.
 
Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

Dos-Dox said:

Wallydog said:

A vendor I want to buy from only takes crypto, and I have zero clue where to begin. MoonPay crossed my mind, but I can't even figure that out (take a guess at my agešŸ˜‰). Emmy over at ERP was another option I was thinking about. Where do I start? Thanks.
Head over to Crypto Corner and begin reading there — that's where you start.
Appreciate it, but I've already gone that route, and that's exactly why I started this thread.
So why didn’t you put this thread in the crypto corner section instead? I’ve come across countless threads packed with solid advice that I’m sure would’ve helped you move beyond the ā€œwhat’s my first stepā€ phase. 57 posts in 17 days looks like you care more about ā€œranking upā€ than actually learning. Do whatever you want, but don’t act shocked when not many people are eager to spoon feed you.
Appreciate the scolding. Has it crossed your mind that newcomers arrive with plenty of questions since a few of us (myself included) are completely lost when it comes to crypto? Dial it back a bit before you start passing judgment on what my reasons are, please.

Like I said, I went through the crypto section and in my view there was way too much info scattered in 12 different directions for it to do me any good. That's why I figured a post in another sub might pull me out of the murky water.

Hopefully that puts your worries to rest.
If you believe that counted as a tongue lashing, then you have obviously never actually received one.

Searching for ā€œPayPalā€ or ā€œnon-cryptoā€ will turn up plenty of resources pointing to vendors who accept those other payment methods. In the same way, if you go through every recent vendor post, marketplace vendors included, one at a time, you'll see which payment options exist — that's exactly what I did, and I put it all together in a comment on a thread months back. (Like other people have pointed out, vendors who begin by accepting PP usually quit doing so not long after their accounts get frozen.) A number of people in this thread also pointed you toward places where that sort of information can be found, though they didn't quite go as far as handing you a vendor list.

Along the same lines, there are plenty of crypto guides and threads out there, among them one from a member who stated outright that they have 10 years of crypto experience and are here to help. Did you respond to that thread, or reach out to that person directly, to ask for assistance?

What it comes down to is this: folks here are happy to help, but generally they want to see some sign that you've put in effort on your own. The way it looks right now, you're posting to rack up engagement for the sake of your forum privileges. Perhaps that isn't the case, but perception is someone's reality. Still, I suppose you're getting there, even if it's only because some of us are telling you to research more. You'll be a specialist before you know it!

To sum up:

ZippityDooDah said:

Wallydog said:

I checked out ERP's website to look at their prices, and the options looked quite limited - Tirz wasn't listed, for instance. I also came across an older ad posted on this site on 2/1 showing prices for US warehouses. What I can't tell is whether a price like 60mg tirz refers to 1 vial or to a "kit". How can I figure out whether what I'm getting is a kit or not?šŸ™„
Spend more time reading and less time posting.
 
Dos-Dox said:


it appears as though you are posting for engagement for the sake of your forum privileges... perception is someone’s reality.

Click to expand...
Wow - you caught me.
 
Back
Top