CJC/ipa plus reta: how long should the fast be?

Fluffychipmunk

Explorer
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Hello!

When injecting CJC/PA in the evening, how does everyone schedule their dinner? I realize fasting is ideal, but with reta in the mix I can't pin down what actually counts as fasted.

thank you!
 
I took my first dose right after waking up, then waited 1 hour before eating anything, just to be sure I was in a fasted state. With reta on board, digestion moves so slowly for me that I can't have my evening meal early enough, nor can I stay up late enough to make a nighttime protocol work. As far as I can tell, there's no solid research showing any advantage to injecting before sleep. My sleep was unaffected.
 
My notes don't have a neat spreadsheet, but the common approach is to take CJC/ipa while fasted — about 2 hours without food beforehand, then wait 30 minutes to 1 hour before your next meal. Since reta delays gastric emptying, dinner can sit in the stomach longer, so if evenings are unpredictable, pinning in the morning while fasted tends to be the simpler option.
 
Bioexplorer said:

I took my first dose right after waking up, then waited 1 hour before eating anything, just to be sure I was in a fasted state. With reta on board, digestion moves so slowly for me that I can't have my evening meal early enough, nor can I stay up late enough to make a nighttime protocol work. As far as I can tell, there's no solid research showing any advantage to injecting before sleep. My sleep was unaffected.
Thanks! What's your experience with morning dosing and feeling sleepy? I'd like to pin the CJC/IPA at night so it can also support sleep, but my dinner tends to be on the later side. If gastric emptying is slowed by 30-40%, then my assumption is that the stomach would be clear 3-4 hours after a meal. Working shifts throws off both my meal schedule and my injection schedule completely!
 
CJC/ipa works really well for me, I'm a big fan. Taking it in the morning on an empty stomach is fine. When I use it at night and I'm truly fasted, it makes a huge difference for my sleep. Evening dosing is the best option. Just before getting into bed. However, reta makes digestion slower. That means you need to fast for a longer stretch. On nights I don't eat dinner, I inject right at bedtime. On nights I do eat dinner, I hold off until morning. When you're properly fasted, you can feel it—your face warms up and you drift off immediately. If that doesn't happen, you weren't fasted. Give it more time before dosing next round.
 
Shittersfull said:

CJC/ipa works really well for me, I'm a big fan. Taking it in the morning on an empty stomach is fine. When I use it at night and I'm truly fasted, it makes a huge difference for my sleep. Evening dosing is the best option. Just before getting into bed. However, reta makes digestion slower. That means you need to fast for a longer stretch. On nights I don't eat dinner, I inject right at bedtime. On nights I do eat dinner, I hold off until morning. When you're properly fasted, you can feel it—your face warms up and you drift off immediately. If that doesn't happen, you weren't fasted. Give it more time before dosing next round.
Thanks! When you dose in the morning, does the same flush and drowsiness hit you?
 
Fluffychipmunk said:

Shittersfull said:

CJC/ipa works really well for me, I'm a big fan. Taking it in the morning on an empty stomach is fine. When I use it at night and I'm truly fasted, it makes a huge difference for my sleep. Evening dosing is the best option. Just before getting into bed. However, reta makes digestion slower. That means you need to fast for a longer stretch. On nights I don't eat dinner, I inject right at bedtime. On nights I do eat dinner, I hold off until morning. When you're properly fasted, you can feel it—your face warms up and you drift off immediately. If that doesn't happen, you weren't fasted. Give it more time before dosing next round.
Thanks! When you dose in the morning, does the same flush and drowsiness hit you?
Yes, I do, though the effect isn't as pronounced.
 
Back before I ever touched a GLP, I ran this same cycle and the flush would show up like clockwork whenever I pinned right before bed. These days I'm on a cycle again (tirz is in the mix too), and the flush never comes — instead I feel wired if I inject at night. My assumption was that 3 hours away from food would cover it, but that doesn't appear to hold up.

So this week I moved it to the morning. Usually that means pinning the moment I'm up, then either going directly into a fasted training session, or on rest days pushing my first meal back by no less than an hour while staying on my feet. Dose is 500mcg daily (250mcg from each compound), once a day.

My plan is to check IGF again in roughly four weeks and see where things stand.
 
Skipping dinner ranks among the strongest strategies there is for dropping weight. With GLP-1s on board you gain some extra command over things, because at times it can be tricky. That's why your question grabs my attention so much: I assumed anyone aiming to shed pounds (while on a GLP-1) would automatically lean into this approach and reap every advantage fasting offers, given that sleeping without food is simpler and delivers bigger results.

I suppose I'm old school, because my view is that CJC+Ipa belongs at night, and based on what I said above, the insulin response triggered by eating that could cancel out the CJC shouldn't be a concern, since during that window you ought to be fasted and you'll catch a solid pulse by dosing before bed, which is when your body naturally releases it.
 
Newb questions. What makes fasted pinning so essential? I get that when food is being digested, insulin gets released, and that works against GH, so if there's food in your system when you pin, the effects could end up weaker. But is that the only factor, or is there more to it?
 
Pocket said:

Newb questions. What makes fasted pinning so essential? I get that when food is being digested, insulin gets released, and that works against GH, so if there's food in your system when you pin, the effects could end up weaker. But is that the only factor, or is there more to it?
From what I understand, the GH pulse gets disrupted by the insulin response. So what you're thinking matches what I've come across.
 
Growth hormone causes the body to release fat for use as fuel, whereas insulin promotes fat storage. By fasting, you give CJC/IPA the best conditions to work. That way there is no conflict between lipolysis — the body breaking down and using fat — and insulin putting fat away for later.
 
So when it comes to cjc/ipa, going in fasted is really a matter of optimization, not something that's strictly mandatory. Right? It's more "for CJC/Ipa to put in the most work, take it while fasted" rather than "take CJC/Ipa with food sitting in your stomach and you'll probably end up with nasty side effects".
 
Happy1971 said:

Skipping dinner ranks among the strongest strategies there is for dropping weight. With GLP-1s on board you gain some extra command over things, because at times it can be tricky. That's why your question grabs my attention so much: I assumed anyone aiming to shed pounds (while on a GLP-1) would automatically lean into this approach and reap every advantage fasting offers, given that sleeping without food is simpler and delivers bigger results.

I suppose I'm old school, because my view is that CJC+Ipa belongs at night, and based on what I said above, the insulin response triggered by eating that could cancel out the CJC shouldn't be a concern, since during that window you ought to be fasted and you'll catch a solid pulse by dosing before bed, which is when your body naturally releases it.
Not everyone is looking to go hungry
 
Back
Top