cloratheshadow said:
These things show up every day for me. The taste is absolutely foul!! For roughly 1 month I've been on omeperazole. Pepto, digestive enzymes (papaya) and famotidine have all been tried. They still keep coming. Pretty much daily. My meals are small and I avoid anything too fatty or heavy. Pain isn't really the issue, it's just gross and irritating!! Does anybody know any weird fixes I could give a shot? Something just to mask the flavor would be fine too! I came across a claim that pickle juice might do the trick

For me, there were 2 contributing factors: my gallbladder is gone, and my gut is in bad shape. That situation sent me to a Gastroenterologist and made me focus hard on rebuilding my gut. I stay away from the foods that set me off (they aren't the same for everybody), do intermittent fasting, and follow a routine of top-tier broad spectrum probiotics alongside omeprazole each morning (on an empty stomach, then nothing but water for 4 hours). On top of that, I take digestive enzymes with ox bile at every meal, and I monitor my fiber, aiming to get more fiber than carbs.
Figuring out which foods trigger it was essential! I had to take a hard look at my diet. In my case, beef, garlic, and raw onions were the worst offenders. Beef already digests slowly for me, and when you add slow gastric emptying on top of that, it turned into a mess. I began metformin for A1c and hormone reasons, and an unexpected effect showed up: better gut motility. It genuinely helps keep things moving.
Along with the burps, I get absurd amounts of gas. It's extremely uncomfortable and honestly foul! Gas-x does the trick. The probiotics cut down the Sulphur taste. On the day of pin and the day after, I eat only cooked vegetables and white meat chicken; less fuel means fewer chances for gas problems.
Sulphur burps that keep happening can point to Giardia and are definitely a signal that the gut biome is out of balance. It may be worth getting in touch with a Gastroenterologist and having them test a sample. Gut problems become very complicated VERY quickly. My GI doctor has been invaluable throughout my journey.
Safe travels!