PippiLangstrumpf
Explorer
Hey everyone, I have a flight to Turkey coming up and I want to take my Tirz along. What's the ideal method for that? Anyone been through this before?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm heading there in 7 days and have to bring a dose of RT, so this topic is very relevant to me. However, chat gpt warns that I shouldn't do it at all, since getting caught could mean a large fine or even jail time!PippiLangstrumpf said:
Hey everyone, I have a flight to Turkey coming up and I want to take my Tirz along. What's the ideal method for that? Anyone been through this before?
No matter how hard I looked, the response I needed just wasn't thereindolent said:
This subject has already been covered in many threads. Try using the search function.
Search terms: travel, flight, TSA, trip, airplane, holiday, vacation
No prescription is available on my endtcpnomad said:
You have 2 options: bring the vial plus a few syringes, or carry a pen whose cartridge holds enough to cover the whole trip.
To manage temperature, small travel packs exist that will keep either option cold while you are in transit. After reaching the hotel, move them into the fridge. Room temperature storage is also fine for 21 days (provided it doesn't get too hot).
TSA and similar staff see injectable medications from travelers all the time. It may help to have your prescription and a labeled vial on you.
Give "Midnight Express" a watchPippiLangstrumpf said:
No prescription is available on my endtcpnomad said:
You have 2 options: bring the vial plus a few syringes, or carry a pen whose cartridge holds enough to cover the whole trip.
To manage temperature, small travel packs exist that will keep either option cold while you are in transit. After reaching the hotel, move them into the fridge. Room temperature storage is also fine for 21 days (provided it doesn't get too hot).
TSA and similar staff see injectable medications from travelers all the time. It may help to have your prescription and a labeled vial on you.
When it comes to medications, Turkey doesn't mess around...on2jinm said:
Give "Midnight Express" a watchPippiLangstrumpf said:
No prescription is available on my endtcpnomad said:
You have 2 options: bring the vial plus a few syringes, or carry a pen whose cartridge holds enough to cover the whole trip.
To manage temperature, small travel packs exist that will keep either option cold while you are in transit. After reaching the hotel, move them into the fridge. Room temperature storage is also fine for 21 days (provided it doesn't get too hot).
TSA and similar staff see injectable medications from travelers all the time. It may help to have your prescription and a labeled vial on you.![]()
Simply mark your vial as injectable vitamin C and D. You don't need a prescription for that, and it's a real practice. If they confiscate it, they confiscate it. But nobody ends up in jail over injectable vitamins.BBA1969 said:
6 weeks back I traveled to Sardinia with 2 vials that weren't reconstituted — Reta and Tirz — plus 2 bac vials of 3ml. Into my check-in luggage went the whole lot (vials, syringes, swabs, ...). Zero problems at all.
With Turkey, the situation could be different, or it might not be.
Either way, it's not cocaine or heroin you'd be carrying there. The most that could occur is you'd be held until test results return. Tirz isn't a classified narcotic — it's simply a synthetic peptide. That said, depending on how you feel about adventure, being detained might turn into an adventure or a nightmare.
A prescription Mounjaro pen is always an option, one you can carry with documentation. It's the costly yet safe route.
According to what I found online, a prescription is needed for injectable vitamins in the USA. Unfortunately. Still, perhaps there is a similar workaround.Whiynot20026 said:
Simply mark your vial as injectable vitamin C and D. You don't need a prescription for that, and it's a real practice. If they confiscate it, they confiscate it. But nobody ends up in jail over injectable vitamins.BBA1969 said:
6 weeks back I traveled to Sardinia with 2 vials that weren't reconstituted — Reta and Tirz — plus 2 bac vials of 3ml. Into my check-in luggage went the whole lot (vials, syringes, swabs, ...). Zero problems at all.
With Turkey, the situation could be different, or it might not be.
Either way, it's not cocaine or heroin you'd be carrying there. The most that could occur is you'd be held until test results return. Tirz isn't a classified narcotic — it's simply a synthetic peptide. That said, depending on how you feel about adventure, being detained might turn into an adventure or a nightmare.
A prescription Mounjaro pen is always an option, one you can carry with documentation. It's the costly yet safe route.
Bill
That's curious. I'm aware of med spas giving both C and D. From what I recall, my friends never mentioned needing a RX. And regardless, what's the worst that happens? They'd likely just confiscate the vials. No big deal.indolent said:
According to what I found online, a prescription is needed for injectable vitamins in the USA. Unfortunately. Still, perhaps there is a similar workaround.Whiynot20026 said:
Simply mark your vial as injectable vitamin C and D. You don't need a prescription for that, and it's a real practice. If they confiscate it, they confiscate it. But nobody ends up in jail over injectable vitamins.BBA1969 said:
6 weeks back I traveled to Sardinia with 2 vials that weren't reconstituted — Reta and Tirz — plus 2 bac vials of 3ml. Into my check-in luggage went the whole lot (vials, syringes, swabs, ...). Zero problems at all.
With Turkey, the situation could be different, or it might not be.
Either way, it's not cocaine or heroin you'd be carrying there. The most that could occur is you'd be held until test results return. Tirz isn't a classified narcotic — it's simply a synthetic peptide. That said, depending on how you feel about adventure, being detained might turn into an adventure or a nightmare.
A prescription Mounjaro pen is always an option, one you can carry with documentation. It's the costly yet safe route.
Bill
indolent said:
med spas![]()
But yeah, at worst Turkish Customs would likely just take them. I haven't come across anything showing their written official rules line up with what happens in searches or questioning, etc. Particularly when it's a personal-use amount. People with diabetes have been flying with vials and syringes for years.
Among European nations, Turkiye has the highest obesity rate, even though the majority of its people live in Asia, where Gulf states and certain Middle Eastern countries make them look tame by comparison.
I've given my primary care physician a wink/nod heads-up that I use you-don't-want-to-know tirzepatide, so it got put on the meds list (together with vitamins and supplements) that I can print from the practice's web portal. If I went to Turkiye, or passed through on Turkish Air, that's probably what I'd do. And I'd probably not declare anything at the green/red Customs exits.
After checking my own, I figure it could serve the purpose of getting a Customs officer to wave me through and stop dealing with me, should that situation ever arise. That said, its specifics (no Rx number shown, document by vs approved by) are not the same as the in-house prescription meds that are listed. Luckily, it's mixed in among those rather than separated into its own section.Skidude said:
indolent said:
med spas![]()
But yeah, at worst Turkish Customs would likely just take them. I haven't come across anything showing their written official rules line up with what happens in searches or questioning, etc. Particularly when it's a personal-use amount. People with diabetes have been flying with vials and syringes for years.
Among European nations, Turkiye has the highest obesity rate, even though the majority of its people live in Asia, where Gulf states and certain Middle Eastern countries make them look tame by comparison.
I've given my primary care physician a wink/nod heads-up that I use you-don't-want-to-know tirzepatide, so it got put on the meds list (together with vitamins and supplements) that I can print from the practice's web portal. If I went to Turkiye, or passed through on Turkish Air, that's probably what I'd do. And I'd probably not declare anything at the green/red Customs exits.
Whoa..
Printing out a list of medications..
That's a brilliant idea!!
Sure, it probably wouldn't be 100% effective and might not do anything here, but honestly, what a clever move.indolent said:
After checking my own, I figure it could serve the purpose of getting a Customs officer to wave me through and stop dealing with me, should that situation ever arise. That said, its specifics (no Rx number shown, document by vs approved by) are not the same as the in-house prescription meds that are listed. Luckily, it's mixed in among those rather than separated into its own section.Skidude said:
indolent said:
med spas![]()
But yeah, at worst Turkish Customs would likely just take them. I haven't come across anything showing their written official rules line up with what happens in searches or questioning, etc. Particularly when it's a personal-use amount. People with diabetes have been flying with vials and syringes for years.
Among European nations, Turkiye has the highest obesity rate, even though the majority of its people live in Asia, where Gulf states and certain Middle Eastern countries make them look tame by comparison.
I've given my primary care physician a wink/nod heads-up that I use you-don't-want-to-know tirzepatide, so it got put on the meds list (together with vitamins and supplements) that I can print from the practice's web portal. If I went to Turkiye, or passed through on Turkish Air, that's probably what I'd do. And I'd probably not declare anything at the green/red Customs exits.
Whoa..
Printing out a list of medications..
That's a brilliant idea!!
Also, if someone has controlled substances, I doubt the meds list would be enough.