Breakouts Worse After Starting Reta?

Lucky_Charms

Explorer
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
the netherlands
Hey all,

I've been using Reta for 8 weeks now, and my skin seems to have taken a turn for the worse. Acne has always been an issue for me, though I put a lot of effort into managing it.

After I began reta, I've seen more breakouts, even though I haven't changed my skincare regimen or how much water I drink.

I'm aware rashes and similar reactions can happen with reta, but has anyone else dealt with acne?

#1 yrrdead: [[Q1]]
I would guess that this is symptomatic of weight loss/calorie deficit vs reta itself. No data to back that up. Just a guess.
 
Lucky_Charms said:

Hey all,

I've been using Reta for 8 weeks now, and my skin seems to have taken a turn for the worse. Acne has always been an issue for me, though I put a lot of effort into managing it.

After I began reta, I've seen more breakouts, even though I haven't changed my skincare regimen or how much water I drink.

I'm aware rashes and similar reactions can happen with reta, but has anyone else dealt with acne?

#1 yrrdead: [[Q1]]
I would guess that this is symptomatic of weight loss/calorie deficit vs reta itself. No data to back that up. Just a guess.
My guess is that what you're seeing comes from the weight loss or the calorie deficit rather than from reta. I don't have any data to support that — it's purely a guess.
 
Fat cells hold more than calories. Losing weight releases the hormones and toxins stored alongside them. Mood swings follow, and unfortunately acne as well.
 
Like I said before, toxins are stored in fat cells. Normally your liver can handle processing them (that is, unless you're losing weight really fast and it turns into more than it can deal with at one time). Be sure to get plenty of water and keep your food clean and full of nutrients. And having good bowel movements matters too haha, which I know can be tough while on Reta lol
 
dazedconfused_ said:

Like I said before, toxins are stored in fat cells. Normally your liver can handle processing them (that is, unless you're losing weight really fast and it turns into more than it can deal with at one time). Be sure to get plenty of water and keep your food clean and full of nutrients. And having good bowel movements matters too haha, which I know can be tough while on Reta lol

Oh yes, I've been drinking a huge amount of water, plus electrolytes.

My skin has always been acne-prone, so I ought to have realized that even reta (or the weight loss that follows) would set off a flare.
 
Back
Top