Bought empty vials by mistake

TeresaHip

Explorer
Joined
Mar 3, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
I messed up and ordered vials that came with no rubber stopper on them. What's the method for putting them to use? What's the most reliable way to sterilise them and then fit the tops on? Or do I just write it off as wasted money and buy fresh ones?
 
That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
 
TeresaHip said:

I messed up and ordered vials that came with no rubber stopper on them. What's the method for putting them to use? What's the most reliable way to sterilise them and then fit the tops on? Or do I just write it off as wasted money and buy fresh ones?
these vials are not sterile.

discard them, or else get an autoclave along with rubber stoppers.
 
TeresaHip said:

I messed up and ordered vials that came with no rubber stopper on them. What's the method for putting them to use? What's the most reliable way to sterilise them and then fit the tops on? Or do I just write it off as wasted money and buy fresh ones?
If this is something you haven't learned to do yet, then let it go. It's not like putting up preserves. Get yourself some vials that are already sterile and leave it at that.
 
The

wildweasel said:

TeresaHip said:

I messed up and ordered vials that came with no rubber stopper on them. What's the method for putting them to use? What's the most reliable way to sterilise them and then fit the tops on? Or do I just write it off as wasted money and buy fresh ones?
these vials are not sterile.

discard them, or else get an autoclave along with rubber stoppers.
The rubber stoppers were included in the package.
 
BNLFL said:

That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
The stoppers were included in the package.
 
TeresaHip said:

BNLFL said:

That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
The stoppers were included in the package.
Those aren't sterile.

If you plan to use them without risk, get an autoclave. Alternatively, purchase vials that are already sterile. Or skip it altogether—up to you.
 
wildweasel said:

TeresaHip said:

BNLFL said:

That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
The stoppers were included in the package.
Those aren't sterile.

If you plan to use them without risk, get an autoclave. Alternatively, purchase vials that are already sterile. Or skip it altogether—up to you.
I get it. I already told you they're being used.
 
wildweasel said:

TeresaHip said:

BNLFL said:

That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
The stoppers were included in the package.
Those aren't sterile.

If you plan to use them without risk, get an autoclave. Alternatively, purchase vials that are already sterile. Or skip it altogether—up to you.
Appreciate it. I had a feeling they wouldn't be usable. They won't be put to use. Truth is, I was only building up a stash regardless. LoL
 
Back
Top