I messed up and ordered vials that came with no rubber stopper on them. What's the method for putting them to use? What's the most reliable way to sterilise them and then fit the tops on? Or do I just write it off as wasted money and buy fresh ones?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
these vials are not sterile.TeresaHip said:
I messed up and ordered vials that came with no rubber stopper on them. What's the method for putting them to use? What's the most reliable way to sterilise them and then fit the tops on? Or do I just write it off as wasted money and buy fresh ones?
If this is something you haven't learned to do yet, then let it go. It's not like putting up preserves. Get yourself some vials that are already sterile and leave it at that.TeresaHip said:
I messed up and ordered vials that came with no rubber stopper on them. What's the method for putting them to use? What's the most reliable way to sterilise them and then fit the tops on? Or do I just write it off as wasted money and buy fresh ones?
The rubber stoppers were included in the package.wildweasel said:
these vials are not sterile.TeresaHip said:
I messed up and ordered vials that came with no rubber stopper on them. What's the method for putting them to use? What's the most reliable way to sterilise them and then fit the tops on? Or do I just write it off as wasted money and buy fresh ones?
discard them, or else get an autoclave along with rubber stoppers.
The stoppers were included in the package.BNLFL said:
That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
Those aren't sterile.TeresaHip said:
The stoppers were included in the package.BNLFL said:
That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
I get it. I already told you they're being used.wildweasel said:
Those aren't sterile.TeresaHip said:
The stoppers were included in the package.BNLFL said:
That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
If you plan to use them without risk, get an autoclave. Alternatively, purchase vials that are already sterile. Or skip it altogether—up to you.
Appreciate it. I had a feeling they wouldn't be usable. They won't be put to use. Truth is, I was only building up a stash regardless. LoLwildweasel said:
Those aren't sterile.TeresaHip said:
The stoppers were included in the package.BNLFL said:
That's a first for me. I'd assume stoppers are available somewhere, though I've yet to come across any. What quantity and what dimensions?
If you plan to use them without risk, get an autoclave. Alternatively, purchase vials that are already sterile. Or skip it altogether—up to you.