Does anyone else notice their stomach looks flatter in the morning, but then after the first drink and meal they get more bloated than they normally would? It's been strange watching such a big change between the morning and the late afternoon.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm the same — eventually it clicked that this isn't my norm, and normally after training I'm at my flattest. My guess, like the person above mentioned, is that trapped gas from digestion moving slower is behind it. Good to find out I'm not the only one dealing with this.ambot88 said:
Come to think of it, that's true. I hadn't actually connected it to reta—I figured it was something only I was dealing with.
piccolo101 said:
Yep, ever since my dose went up to 4mg this has been happening. These days I have to watch every single thing I put in my mouth. If I eat something heavy or greasy, the reflux hits me hard — that never used to happen.I figured age was catching up with me, but now I'm starting to think it's the reta. Not a big deal though, eating better is something I should be doing regardless.
Seriously, reta is basically dragging me toward healthier habits. Tums and I are inseparable now.
A reaction like that can happen in certain people when mannitol is present, and mannitol is a frequent component of lyophilized injectables such as Reta.bgddy32 said:
Does anyone else notice their stomach looks flatter in the morning, but then after the first drink and meal they get more bloated than they normally would? It's been strange watching such a big change between the morning and the late afternoon.