Bitcoin transfer problems

The simplest route, in my opinion, is Revolut if that's available to you. As several people have already pointed out, having an Exodus wallet is also a must. The process goes: buy crypto through Revolut, move it over to Exodus, then send from Exodus to the vendor. On top of that, swapping currencies inside Exodus costs nothing. I bring this up because when I transferred to Exodus, Revolut had converted my USDC into Solana, yet exchanging it within Exodus before sending to the vendor was completely painless.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Beardboost said:

Buying via Coinbase, moving it to an Exodus Wallet, then sending from Exodus to the vendor — that route is far smoother.
That's how it's done........I'll pass along a walkthrough for @BrocolliBrian . As I recall, it was put together by a member here. Can't remember the name ...... regardless, it's an excellent walkthrough that goes from CB over to Exodus. Working through each step does take some time, but the method is laid out very plainly.

​#-
Great, I’ll take care of it. I appreciate your assistance.
 
Appreciate it. I went through those easy instructions too. Everything is configured on my end now.
 
My approach: purchase crypto through Coinbase, move it into my Exodus wallet, then make payments out of Exodus. A few days ago, something new happened — the transfer dragged on for more than an hour, and that was despite me paying a higher fee.
 
jason370 said:

I've been using Coinbase Wallet and it's been completely reliable. Would there be any benefit to moving over to Exodus?
You might never run into a problem. That said, back when I was new to crypto, I came across stories about Coinbase shutting down accounts because people sent funds to addresses Coinbase considers prohibited activity. That's why I picked up an Exodus wallet, so I can send payments to vendors and not worry if a vendor's BTC address ends up flagged by Coinbase.

For me it's simply one additional step: move funds from Coinbase into Exodus, then pay the vendor.
 
Poobert said:

Stay away from PayPal if that’s your route. Nothing to do with peps, but the moment I attempted anything involving crypto through their service, my account got locked. Go with exodus wallet instead — the crypto corner section has a guide for it.
I appreciate you sharing that "crypto corner section". I logged in today specifically to get assistance with crypto.
 
This occurred on a recent purchase I made from a vendor I'd used several times previously. I tried sending the BTC from various apps using MULTIPLE wallets, and after those attempts kept failing, I reached out to the vendor by text to explain that their wallet was rejecting my transfers. They provided a different wallet address, which fixed the problem. Occasionally the address has simply gone invalid due to an error or another problem. Consider contacting your vendor to request an alternative address.
 
BlueDog55 said:

Poobert said:

Stay away from PayPal if that’s your route. Nothing to do with peps, but the moment I attempted anything involving crypto through their service, my account got locked. Go with exodus wallet instead — the crypto corner section has a guide for it.
I appreciate you sharing that "crypto corner section". I logged in today specifically to get assistance with crypto.
That file was a lifesaver for me! I struggled with it for a while, yet it made things much easier.
 
No need for me to go through the full Coinbase to Exodus process. I get BTC directly through Exodus with MoonPay, paying by debit card since credit cards don’t work. It finishes in roughly 10-15 mins, based on how fast the network is. Really straightforward.
 
Once you can access it, shift your BTC into a decentralized wallet such as Trust. The vendor got flagged by AML algorithms. That isn't a red flag, but it's something that occurs on every centralized exchange with KYC (for example Coinbase, Cash App, Kraken). Many vendors will keep triggering this, and in the end your account will be shut down unless you move your balance into a wallet you control.
 
Poobert said:

No need for me to go through the full Coinbase to Exodus process. I get BTC directly through Exodus with MoonPay, paying by debit card since credit cards don’t work. It finishes in roughly 10-15 mins, based on how fast the network is. Really straightforward.
I wasted more than 60 minutes attempting to complete the selfie verification on MoonPay, and it simply would not go through. To put it mildly, I am extremely annoyed. Does anyone have any methods or advice? Coinbase is something I dislike and have always disliked. 🙂
 
BlueDog55 said:

Poobert said:

No need for me to go through the full Coinbase to Exodus process. I get BTC directly through Exodus with MoonPay, paying by debit card since credit cards don’t work. It finishes in roughly 10-15 mins, based on how fast the network is. Really straightforward.
I wasted more than 60 minutes attempting to complete the selfie verification on MoonPay, and it simply would not go through. To put it mildly, I am extremely annoyed. Does anyone have any methods or advice? Coinbase is something I dislike and have always disliked. 🙂
That's odd — I never ran into any trouble myself back in the day. Maybe reach out to their support team?
 
Poobert said:

BlueDog55 said:

Poobert said:

No need for me to go through the full Coinbase to Exodus process. I get BTC directly through Exodus with MoonPay, paying by debit card since credit cards don’t work. It finishes in roughly 10-15 mins, based on how fast the network is. Really straightforward.
I wasted more than 60 minutes attempting to complete the selfie verification on MoonPay, and it simply would not go through. To put it mildly, I am extremely annoyed. Does anyone have any methods or advice? Coinbase is something I dislike and have always disliked. 🙂
That's odd — I never ran into any trouble myself back in the day. Maybe reach out to their support team?
I reached out to MoonPay's support team, and they told me the issue had to be escalated up their chain. They're meant to follow up with me.
 
Poobert said:

Stay away from PayPal if that’s your route. Nothing to do with peps, but the moment I attempted anything involving crypto through their service, my account got locked. Go with exodus wallet instead — the crypto corner section has a guide for it.
This discussion needs to go into our Crypto Corner file. After I tried sending crypto to my vendor, PayPal locked up every cent I had for 6 months and slapped a ‘permanent restriction’ on my account.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Beardboost said:

Buying via Coinbase, moving it to an Exodus Wallet, then sending from Exodus to the vendor — that route is far smoother.
That's how it's done........I'll pass along a walkthrough for @BrocolliBrian . As I recall, it was put together by a member here. Can't remember the name ...... regardless, it's an excellent walkthrough that goes from CB over to Exodus. Working through each step does take some time, but the method is laid out very plainly.

​#-
Wow, thank you, this is great
 
Good-Heart6425 said:

Poobert said:

Stay away from PayPal if that’s your route. Nothing to do with peps, but the moment I attempted anything involving crypto through their service, my account got locked. Go with exodus wallet instead — the crypto corner section has a guide for it.
This discussion needs to go into our Crypto Corner file. After I tried sending crypto to my vendor, PayPal locked up every cent I had for 6 months and slapped a ‘permanent restriction’ on my account.
My approach was to load Coinbase through PayPal, and after that I transferred the funds out of a wallet.
 
GrandmaJ said:

I believed I'd gotten the hang of crypto — after following the Exodus/Paypal/Solana USDT walkthrough on here, I completed 3 orders. But when I tried yesterday, Paypal blocked me from purchasing via Exodus. A call to Paypal was needed, I had to verify my account by answering many questions, and despite all that, it stayed locked. Now I'm planning to follow the same guide but with Coinbase. Does anyone know whether the exact same steps work if I swap USDC for USDT? I've already got some USDT on hand and would rather not deal with converting it. Thanks.
I have been unable to locate a phone number for the PayPal resolution center so I can attempt to get unlocked. Kindly share the contact number you used, either in this thread or by direct message.
 
Good-Heart6425 said:

Poobert said:

Stay away from PayPal if that’s your route. Nothing to do with peps, but the moment I attempted anything involving crypto through their service, my account got locked. Go with exodus wallet instead — the crypto corner section has a guide for it.
This discussion needs to go into our Crypto Corner file. After I tried sending crypto to my vendor, PayPal locked up every cent I had for 6 months and slapped a ‘permanent restriction’ on my account.
My funds got locked as well, but I sent messages to every executive office email address I could locate, and the following day they gave me back my money. The account remains restricted, though I hardly ever used it…
 
Poobert said:

Good-Heart6425 said:

Poobert said:

Stay away from PayPal if that’s your route. Nothing to do with peps, but the moment I attempted anything involving crypto through their service, my account got locked. Go with exodus wallet instead — the crypto corner section has a guide for it.
This discussion needs to go into our Crypto Corner file. After I tried sending crypto to my vendor, PayPal locked up every cent I had for 6 months and slapped a ‘permanent restriction’ on my account.
My funds got locked as well, but I sent messages to every executive office email address I could locate, and the following day they gave me back my money. The account remains restricted, though I hardly ever used it…
Which payment method do you rely on when paying our vendors? Do you have solid crypto skills?
 
Back
Top