Bitcoin transfer problems

BrocolliBrian

Explorer
Joined
Apr 16, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Albuquerque
Hey all, this is my first time posting here, and I wanted to ask whether anyone has run into the same situation.

I placed an order and used Bitcoin as payment. The supplier gave me a bitcoin address, but every attempt to send her the money failed. In the end, my account got locked, as if the system flagged the supplier’s account as a hacker account or something like that.

Is this something I should treat as a red flag and choose a different supplier?
 
Stay away from PayPal if that’s your route. Nothing to do with peps, but the moment I attempted anything involving crypto through their service, my account got locked. Go with exodus wallet instead — the crypto corner section has a guide for it.
 
Buying via Coinbase, moving it to an Exodus Wallet, then sending from Exodus to the vendor — that route is far smoother.
 
Sadly, a few services — Kraken and PayPal among them — have restricted particular addresses inside their applications.

Right now, Exodus wallet is the option most people go with. I'd suggest it; it came through for me at a time when Kraken Wallet was refusing my transaction.
 
Beardboost said:

Buying via Coinbase, moving it to an Exodus Wallet, then sending from Exodus to the vendor — that route is far smoother.
I have Coinbase, but I haven't made any payments to anyone yet. Why did you send to an Exodus wallet? Can't payment be made through Coinbase directly to the vendor? I'm in the UK too.
 
I used the Exodus wallet to make the transfer, since Kraken and Kraken Wallet had turned off the ability to send funds to my seller’s wallet. According to Kraken’s technical support, sending BC from their wallet to addresses that start with bc1p(...) cannot be done.
 
Beardboost said:

Buying via Coinbase, moving it to an Exodus Wallet, then sending from Exodus to the vendor — that route is far smoother.
That's how it's done........I'll pass along a walkthrough for @BrocolliBrian . As I recall, it was put together by a member here. Can't remember the name ...... regardless, it's an excellent walkthrough that goes from CB over to Exodus. Working through each step does take some time, but the method is laid out very plainly.

​#-
 
Summer48 said:

Beardboost said:

Buying via Coinbase, moving it to an Exodus Wallet, then sending from Exodus to the vendor — that route is far smoother.
I have Coinbase, but I haven't made any payments to anyone yet. Why did you send to an Exodus wallet? Can't payment be made through Coinbase directly to the vendor? I'm in the UK too.
Not sure, but check my previous post — there's a tutorial there.
 
Summer48 said:

Beardboost said:

Buying via Coinbase, moving it to an Exodus Wallet, then sending from Exodus to the vendor — that route is far smoother.
I have Coinbase, but I haven't made any payments to anyone yet. Why did you send to an Exodus wallet? Can't payment be made through Coinbase directly to the vendor? I'm in the UK too.
UK rules mean Coinbase requires you to give a Name and Address. Vendors usually don't want to hand over that kind of info, and they often ask why it's needed. With Exodus, that step is avoided since the transfer is to yourself from the start. These regulations exist because of money laundering.
 
I've been using Coinbase Wallet and it's been completely reliable. Would there be any benefit to moving over to Exodus?
 
jason370 said:

I've been using Coinbase Wallet and it's been completely reliable. Would there be any benefit to moving over to Exodus?
It really comes down to where you are. If nothing is blocking you and everything is running smoothly, then there's no need to change—just stick with Coinbase 🙂
 
jason370 said:

I've been using Coinbase Wallet and it's been completely reliable. Would there be any benefit to moving over to Exodus?
There are too many steps involved, and I'll end up getting mixed up. So for my next order, I might simply give Coinbase a shot and see what happens.
 
Summer48 said:

jason370 said:

I've been using Coinbase Wallet and it's been completely reliable. Would there be any benefit to moving over to Exodus?
There are too many steps involved, and I'll end up getting mixed up. So for my next order, I might simply give Coinbase a shot and see what happens.
With any luck, someone among the "wise ones" will weigh in, since I'm up in years and have CRS...but paying vendors through coinbase brings up certain security/privacy worries. Going the wallet route (Exodus definitely, though I can't speak for the rest) is the better option. Yes, it's a pain in the arse, but after you've set up a wallet, sent yourself some coin, and paid a vendor once or twice, it ain't so bad.

YMMV
 
In the US, any business where you can buy Bitcoin despises both you and Bitcoin itself, and they never want your funds leaving their control. Because of that, you might end up needing to reach out to customer service and get shut out of your account for days on end.

I long for the era when Bitcoin wasn't regulated.
 
JoonyO said:


Hopefully one of the "wise ones" will chime in as I'm old and have CRS...but there are some security/privacy concerns using coinbase to pay vendors. THe wallet ( Exodus for sure - not certain of others ) is the way to go. I know it's a pain in the arse but once you get a wallet and send yourself some coin and then pay a vendor a time or two it ain't so bad.

YMMV

Click to expand...
I already have the Exodus app installed on my phone, which means a wallet should be set up, though I haven't funded it at all so far. So I'll give that a go to start with, then. Appreciate it
 
I believed I'd gotten the hang of crypto — after following the Exodus/Paypal/Solana USDT walkthrough on here, I completed 3 orders. But when I tried yesterday, Paypal blocked me from purchasing via Exodus. A call to Paypal was needed, I had to verify my account by answering many questions, and despite all that, it stayed locked. Now I'm planning to follow the same guide but with Coinbase. Does anyone know whether the exact same steps work if I swap USDC for USDT? I've already got some USDT on hand and would rather not deal with converting it. Thanks.
 
Back
Top