littlerestraint said:
Alright, my ARA-290 arrived. My avatar states 'no source discussion', so I'll keep the supplier to myself.
If you'd rather I didn't add this onto your thread, just say the word and I'll begin a separate one. Half of me thought it made sense to keep everything in one place, but I'm not fussed either way
I received 30 vials, each 10mg, and the powder is unbuffered. After doing a decent amount of reading and research, here's the approach I'm taking with vial number one.....
To hold a neutral pH I'm using PBS (Phosphate Buffered Saline), plus 1% pure Benzyl Alcohol. The solution gets vortex mixed, then run through a 0.22 micron PES filter.
Reconstitution will use 1ml of that solution, meaning 0.4ml delivers my 4mg dose.
If there's a sting, so be it, that part doesn't bother me.
My plan is 4mg daily for 1 month, followed by 1 month off, then repeat.
Injection will be subcutaneous, either into my upper thigh or my abdomen.
A bit more background on me - I'm a 48 year old male with Type 2 Diabetes. The diagnosis came roughly 18-20 years ago, and for most of that time I left it completely uncontrolled (aside from the occasional 'fad'). Thanks to my own stupidity (and a previous life of absolute debauchery!), my condition is now really bad, as you can probably imagine!
Diabetic neuropathy has been creeping in over the last 5 years and is now terrible, to the point where it dominates my life. There's no stretch of time where it isn't somewhat at the front of my mind. My pain tolerance happens to be very high, so for me it's more annoying than painful, though the pain is definitely present!
Gabapentin has been part of my routine for a while and it dulls things a little, but because my doses are relatively high I only take it in the evenings. My commute to work is 50 motorway miles each way, and I don't want to feel compromised behind the wheel.
I also have Dihydrocodeine prescribed. It helps with some of my other pains, but the neuropathy itself doesn't really respond to it.
For the past few months I've been trying to sort out some of my health issues. That means Reta along with several other peptides, including Tesa & BPC/TB. On top of that I'm dieting, and these days I'm more or less alcohol free anyway.
Exercise is a struggle right now because the neuropathy is bad. There's also suspected arthritis in my knee (x-ray results pending), and very early signs that possible foot ulcers could develop - something I'm desperate to prevent from worsening (at the moment it's just uncomfortable calluses on the balls of both feet). Next month I have an initial consultation at the 'foot clinic' (pod).
So I'm caught in a vicious cycle/circle (one of my own making, I should add!). I want to walk now but struggle to, and if I had to pick the 2 main issues from my long list of shit, it would be my knee and my neuropathy - both have completely taken over my life.
I'm hopeful something can be done about the knee, even if it's just a cortisone injection to get me through for now. The BPC/TB is giving me some immediate relief, so I'm cycling it to see whether it can help at all over a longer period.
The Neuropathy is sheer misery. I have never seen any light at the end of the tunnel, and I've been told that once it's done, it's done. I understand that, and I'm managing my expectations about trying ARA-290, but I'm also desperately hopeful of any respite at all.
Thanks for reading, and sorry to bore you all. There's a whole stack of other shit that I'll save for other, more relevant threads.
I should add - Please don't read my post as if I'm in some pit of despair. Mentally I'm generally fine, and I fully accept all the dumb shit that I have done to myself. I live a normal life in that I work, I drive, I have hobbies, I own a house, and I have a partner of 18 years. I'm just [finally] at a point where I want to try and fix any bits and bobs that I can with a view to drastically improving my health situation.
Jon