Smartmonkey82
Explorer
Hi, I'm new here and to peptides. I got an AOD-9604 order recently and I'm running into the usual reconstitution problems.
What I did: I began with a fresh vial of Hospira BAC Water and a fresh vial of 0.6% acetic acid. I've attempted to reconstitute 5 vials of 5mg AOD in 3ML vials.
Note: the same BAC vial was used for the KLOW and MOTS-C that arrived alongside the AOD, and the first vial of each came out fine.
At the 48-hour mark, here's what I got
Vial 1: Put in 2.5ml of BAC. Large particulates appeared that wouldn't dissolve, so 0.5ml of acetic was added. It's now very cloudy with small floaters. I also had a bad angle when mixing the BAC and the vacuum pulled the water in hard because I wasn't keeping good pressure on the plunger, which caused a lot of turbulence, so this one may be my fault.
Vial 2. Put in 0.5ML of Acetic Acid, waited a minute, then put in 2.5ml of BAC. Result: large clumps and very cloudy.
Vial 3: Put in 0.6ml of Acetic Acid, waited a minute, then put in 2.4ml of BAC. Result: a little cloudy but large clumps.
Vial 4: Put in 3ml of BAC. Result: no floaters but cloudy
Vial 5: Put in 1ML of air, then put in 3ML of BAC (to slow the mix rate from the vacuum). Result is no floaters and cloudy, but less so than vial 4.
So far, I haven't seen any gelling. Only the cloudy and particles.
My questions:
1. Am I doing something wrong or did I get a bad batch? Everything I've read says that if I mix it wrong I should also be getting gelling along with the particles, and I haven't gotten any gelling.
2. I know particles aren't good, but the last 2 vials that are just cloudy, are those 2 OK. Anyone have real experience with this?
What I did: I began with a fresh vial of Hospira BAC Water and a fresh vial of 0.6% acetic acid. I've attempted to reconstitute 5 vials of 5mg AOD in 3ML vials.
Note: the same BAC vial was used for the KLOW and MOTS-C that arrived alongside the AOD, and the first vial of each came out fine.
At the 48-hour mark, here's what I got
Vial 1: Put in 2.5ml of BAC. Large particulates appeared that wouldn't dissolve, so 0.5ml of acetic was added. It's now very cloudy with small floaters. I also had a bad angle when mixing the BAC and the vacuum pulled the water in hard because I wasn't keeping good pressure on the plunger, which caused a lot of turbulence, so this one may be my fault.
Vial 2. Put in 0.5ML of Acetic Acid, waited a minute, then put in 2.5ml of BAC. Result: large clumps and very cloudy.
Vial 3: Put in 0.6ml of Acetic Acid, waited a minute, then put in 2.4ml of BAC. Result: a little cloudy but large clumps.
Vial 4: Put in 3ml of BAC. Result: no floaters but cloudy
Vial 5: Put in 1ML of air, then put in 3ML of BAC (to slow the mix rate from the vacuum). Result is no floaters and cloudy, but less so than vial 4.
So far, I haven't seen any gelling. Only the cloudy and particles.
My questions:
1. Am I doing something wrong or did I get a bad batch? Everything I've read says that if I mix it wrong I should also be getting gelling along with the particles, and I haven't gotten any gelling.
2. I know particles aren't good, but the last 2 vials that are just cloudy, are those 2 OK. Anyone have real experience with this?