Riviera
Explorer
I'm considering getting coinbase going so I can move usdc over to my exodus wallet on sol, and since I'm located in Canada I stumbled on Paytrie. From what I gather, with Paytrie you simply send them an e-transfer, they purchase the usdc, and it lands in your external wallet on its own — basically a cheap set-and-forget option, unlike coinbase where the transfer is something you have to do manually.
Anyone here tried paytrie?
Another thing — does going through a service like this cancel out the added protection that having a separate wallet gives you?
And finally — is there any upside or added safety in picking a cold wallet over a hot one? For example, when it comes to authorities tracing what I buy? (I do my buying on my desktop.) I get that losing my device means losing my crypto — that's a downside — and with a hot wallet like exodus, if they vanish, so does my crypto.
I'm pretty new to crypto — any help or advice is appreciated!
Anyone here tried paytrie?
Another thing — does going through a service like this cancel out the added protection that having a separate wallet gives you?
And finally — is there any upside or added safety in picking a cold wallet over a hot one? For example, when it comes to authorities tracing what I buy? (I do my buying on my desktop.) I get that losing my device means losing my crypto — that's a downside — and with a hot wallet like exodus, if they vanish, so does my crypto.
I'm pretty new to crypto — any help or advice is appreciated!