PippiLangstrumpf
Explorer
Is there anyone here who uses Tirz 2 times per week? What I'm asking is whether people divide the weekly amount across 2 separate days—taking 1 early in the week and the other toward the end?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
PippiLangstrumpf said:
Is there anyone here who uses Tirz 2 times per week? What I'm asking is whether people divide the weekly amount across 2 separate days—taking 1 early in the week and the other toward the end?
PippiLangstrumpf said:
Is there anyone here who uses Tirz 2 times per week? What I'm asking is whether people divide the weekly amount across 2 separate days—taking 1 early in the week and the other toward the end?
My Tirz shot happens on Tuesday, and when the food noise creeps back later in the week, I add a small 0.5mg dose of Cagrilintide to carry me through.PippiLangstrumpf said:
Is there anyone here who uses Tirz 2 times per week? What I'm asking is whether people divide the weekly amount across 2 separate days—taking 1 early in the week and the other toward the end?
Grogu said:
PippiLangstrumpf said:
Is there anyone here who uses Tirz 2 times per week? What I'm asking is whether people divide the weekly amount across 2 separate days—taking 1 early in the week and the other toward the end?
If you split the dose so that one lands at the start of the week and the other at the end, wouldn't that just be the same day?
A lot of people on the forum inject 2X per week, usually something like day 3 and day 7. This is known as split dosing, and it gives you steadier drug levels. According to some, it keeps food noise at bay more reliably and cuts down on sides.
I've never tried split dosing myself. Early on I came across something suggesting it wasn't as effective, though I'm not sure that holds up. Still, it lodged in my mind like an urban legend. I stick to weekly injections purely out of convenience.
My native language is German, and my English is limited. The translation tool appears to be quite unreliableGrogu said:
PippiLangstrumpf said:
Is there anyone here who uses Tirz 2 times per week? What I'm asking is whether people divide the weekly amount across 2 separate days—taking 1 early in the week and the other toward the end?
If you split the dose so that one lands at the start of the week and the other at the end, wouldn't that just be the same day?
A lot of people on the forum inject 2X per week, usually something like day 3 and day 7. This is known as split dosing, and it gives you steadier drug levels. According to some, it keeps food noise at bay more reliably and cuts down on sides.
I've never tried split dosing myself. Early on I came across something suggesting it wasn't as effective, though I'm not sure that holds up. Still, it lodged in my mind like an urban legend. I stick to weekly injections purely out of convenience.
I've split my doses this way from day 1, and I haven't had any side effects or midweek slumps. My routine: half of my Reta dose, then 2 days later half of my tirz dose, then 2 days later the other half of my Reta dose, then 2 days later the other half of my tirz dose. I'm below goal at this pointPippiLangstrumpf said:
Is there anyone here who uses Tirz 2 times per week? What I'm asking is whether people divide the weekly amount across 2 separate days—taking 1 early in the week and the other toward the end?
cloratheshadow said:
I split my Tirz doses before, but these days I’m back to a single weekly shot. The reason is that I take Reta 5 days after Tirz, plus Cagri, and together they wipe out my appetite entirely. With several peps in the mix right now, injecting that frequently got on my nerves. Still, when I did split Tirz, it worked really well for me.
For years I've dealt with BED, so honestly it feels great that food no longer dominates my thoughts. Still, that's exactly why no two people are the same.woundcarping said:
cloratheshadow said:
I split my Tirz doses before, but these days I’m back to a single weekly shot. The reason is that I take Reta 5 days after Tirz, plus Cagri, and together they wipe out my appetite entirely. With several peps in the mix right now, injecting that frequently got on my nerves. Still, when I did split Tirz, it worked really well for me.
Ouch. That is rough.
My routine is identical, and it’s been effective in my case.BBA1969 said:
Monday night and Friday morning were the two slots I picked when dividing my Tirz doses.
That works out to a steady 3,5 days apart, and it lines up best for me when it comes to cutting back the pull toward snacking and having a drink or twoover the weekend.
Of course, when someone prefers to time it is a personal matter, but spacing Tirz at 84h has worked well in my case.
BP and grey product might not behave the same for you.skaylife said:
I've been injecting mounjaro for 28 weeks now. My starting dose was 2.5 mg/week, then after 4 weeks I moved up to 5mg and have kept it at 5mg since. Injections have always fallen on day 7. Starting weight: 101kg. Current weight: 78 kg. On day 6 I would always notice hunger noise. Still, it was never a major issue. Even with that hunger noise, I couldn't eat much beyond what I ate the rest of the week. Rather than split my dosage, I split my portions on day 6. My first grey market Tirz was ordered 2 weeks ago and arrived 2 days ago. I haven't pinned it yet and I'm unsure whether it differs from mounjaro at all. But in my view, splitting the dosage is completely unnecessary.