Anyone else with ADHD find that organizing systems actually help?

I'm genuinely exhausted from constantly hunting for things at home. I can't tell whether that's ADHD or simply my poor memory, but I am certainly quite forgetful... Still, you have a point — putting labels on things truly makes daily life simpler.
 
leo_123 said:

skaylife said:

Alex_9327 said:

Something random I picked up on while doing GLP-1:

I bought a label maker to keep my vials in order. Next thing I knew, I was putting labels on everything — drawers, containers, supplies… pretty much anything that could take a label 🤣

What's funny is that I never pictured myself as “that person” who gets a kick out of organizing everything.

Still, being someone with ADHD, I've come to see that having simple systems genuinely makes things easier for me. When everything has a set spot and I'm not depending on my memory for every little thing, a bit of the mental weight lifts.

Does anyone else with ADHD notice that small organizing routines or systems make everyday life smoother?
I'll suggest it to my wife. If she takes it up, I'll stop wasting time hunting for my things whenever they've been moved somewhere else. The only snag is that she isn't on any GLP's.
Don't stress about it — a label maker works perfectly well for sorting out plenty of other stuff as well.
Yeah, that's fair — assuming the printer is still locatable by tomorrow 🤣
 
BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

There have been times when I put something away and later couldn't remember where I put it. That's happened on more than 1 occasion.
100% truth here. Organization has always come naturally to me. Vials and caps get labels — nothing beyond that. According to my wife, aging has made me an anal retentive fool, and honestly she's not wrong. The garage is a constant project for me, and she likes to tell our friends it's better organized than the house itself. Same goes for the end table beside my chair.
She's great, honestly. LOL
 
I really wish organizing came naturally to me! My head is full of plans for how to organize things, but actually putting them into action is a whole different story. Once something is already organized, I can maintain it — it's the starting point that my brain just can't wrap itself around... My wife can't stand my "organized chaos," though she does admit that I always know exactly where things are in that mess...

FWIW, taking 3mg Reta each week has helped me get off a 25 year Adderall prescription...
 
harganoff said:

I really wish organizing came naturally to me! My head is full of plans for how to organize things, but actually putting them into action is a whole different story. Once something is already organized, I can maintain it — it's the starting point that my brain just can't wrap itself around... My wife can't stand my "organized chaos," though she does admit that I always know exactly where things are in that mess...

FWIW, taking 3mg Reta each week has helped me get off a 25 year Adderall prescription...
If it's chaotic but organized, it's still organized!
 
Alex_9327 said:

harganoff said:

I really wish organizing came naturally to me! My head is full of plans for how to organize things, but actually putting them into action is a whole different story. Once something is already organized, I can maintain it — it's the starting point that my brain just can't wrap itself around... My wife can't stand my "organized chaos," though she does admit that I always know exactly where things are in that mess...

FWIW, taking 3mg Reta each week has helped me get off a 25 year Adderall prescription...
If it's chaotic but organized, it's still organized!
As long as no one messes with my chaos, chaos is my order
 
Back
Top