Anyone else concerned?

Well, I figure whatever was meant to pass through the Strait of Hormuz is either going to get sent a different way or simply can't depart the port without risk, and that can lead to hold-ups.

Yeah, that's something...it hadn't crossed my mind at all until this moment. Hmmmm
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Well, I figure whatever was meant to pass through the Strait of Hormuz is either going to get sent a different way or simply can't depart the port without risk, and that can lead to hold-ups.

Yeah, that's something...it hadn't crossed my mind at all until this moment. Hmmmm

Once Hormuz is blockaded, it won't take long before things turn into a real mess.

Think back to that vessel that got stuck in the Suez. Global logistics keeps so much trade moving, so when something interrupts it, the fallout can be severe.
 
AcadiaPeptides said:

Since shipping is the topic at hand. I'm located in the US and placed an order from China (or so I believed) just before CNY, and only a couple days ago did the first tracking number arrive, originating from Kissimmee FL.

Is that some kind of depot? Had it been sitting in FL the entire time?
Maybe your vendor keeps a warehouse in Florida, in the US?
 
70ae13cf161d95f9104d744da3ba19d7a27eca801461d9fd9a95d2b9ef10d0d5.webp
 
MeedzMoar said:

AcadiaPeptides said:

Since shipping is the topic at hand. I'm located in the US and placed an order from China (or so I believed) just before CNY, and only a couple days ago did the first tracking number arrive, originating from Kissimmee FL.

Is that some kind of depot? Had it been sitting in FL the entire time?
Maybe your vendor keeps a warehouse in Florida, in the US?
In my case, for Central Europe, the package got a new label close to a big airport, and after that it came to me through local DHL. The part I can't figure out is how it reached Central Europe in the first place... not by ship, I think, since that would have taken too long, and not by truck either 🤣
 
I've had 1 stuck for quite a while now, though I figure the vendor is the real issue here rather than any geopolitical or war-related factors.
 
MeedzMoar said:

AcadiaPeptides said:

Since shipping is the topic at hand. I'm located in the US and placed an order from China (or so I believed) just before CNY, and only a couple days ago did the first tracking number arrive, originating from Kissimmee FL.

Is that some kind of depot? Had it been sitting in FL the entire time?
Maybe your vendor keeps a warehouse in Florida, in the US?
Does that sound like a forwarder or some kind of middleman?
 
When I made my initial purchase from one specific vendor, these were precisely the alerts that arrived in order. The package is in fact originating from CN. Most likely, there will be no updates for roughly another 2-3 weeks. If you check the tracking on USPS, my guess is the forwarder is Slow Sheep.
 
New2ton said:

When I made my initial purchase from one specific vendor, these were precisely the alerts that arrived in order. The package is in fact originating from CN. Most likely, there will be no updates for roughly another 2-3 weeks. If you check the tracking on USPS, my guess is the forwarder is Slow Sheep.
If that's the case, a customs letter becomes less probable when the package gets seized. So at least there's that upside!
 
CNCCurrency said:

New2ton said:

When I made my initial purchase from one specific vendor, these were precisely the alerts that arrived in order. The package is in fact originating from CN. Most likely, there will be no updates for roughly another 2-3 weeks. If you check the tracking on USPS, my guess is the forwarder is Slow Sheep.
If that's the case, a customs letter becomes less probable when the package gets seized. So at least there's that upside!
What's the reason for that, if I can ask?
 
Ruckus4519 said:

CNCCurrency said:

New2ton said:

When I made my initial purchase from one specific vendor, these were precisely the alerts that arrived in order. The package is in fact originating from CN. Most likely, there will be no updates for roughly another 2-3 weeks. If you check the tracking on USPS, my guess is the forwarder is Slow Sheep.
If that's the case, a customs letter becomes less probable when the package gets seized. So at least there's that upside!
What's the reason for that, if I can ask?
Should China route the package through a US forwarder and customs confiscates it, the seizure notice goes to that forwarder rather than to you.
 
New2ton said:

When I made my initial purchase from one specific vendor, these were precisely the alerts that arrived in order. The package is in fact originating from CN. Most likely, there will be no updates for roughly another 2-3 weeks. If you check the tracking on USPS, my guess is the forwarder is Slow Sheep.

YOU ARE RIGHT!

f7116e5a1023c6871fe57ac4509f5ea0838c9425dd8f319dcae90d2c379cfc98.webp
 
CNCCurrency said:

Ruckus4519 said:

CNCCurrency said:

New2ton said:

When I made my initial purchase from one specific vendor, these were precisely the alerts that arrived in order. The package is in fact originating from CN. Most likely, there will be no updates for roughly another 2-3 weeks. If you check the tracking on USPS, my guess is the forwarder is Slow Sheep.
If that's the case, a customs letter becomes less probable when the package gets seized. So at least there's that upside!
What's the reason for that, if I can ask?
Should China route the package through a US forwarder and customs confiscates it, the seizure notice goes to that forwarder rather than to you.
hmm, does that mean something positive? or negative?
 
Back
Top