Any 50-year-old men seeing hair growth from anything?

mlke6 said:

d0se1 said:

Oral minoxidil is very effective. However, it does not act selectively, meaning it will promote growth across all of your hair. The topical version is more focused.
It's one of those things that doesn't cross your mind until the window has basically closed
I found out through a painful lesson. There's only a tiny patch in my case, and it came back within a matter of weeks. On the flip side, the hair on my rear end grew so much I could braid it lol
 
mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
Dutasteride is what my husband uses. TRT is part of his routine too. Libido problems are something some men mention. After starting it, he did experience slightly reduced libido at first, though that went away without intervention. Since his sex drive is strong, it was never really a problem for him—but if that's a concern for you, ymmv.
 
chelsea daggerz said:

mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
Dutasteride is what my husband uses. TRT is part of his routine too. Libido problems are something some men mention. After starting it, he did experience slightly reduced libido at first, though that went away without intervention. Since his sex drive is strong, it was never really a problem for him—but if that's a concern for you, ymmv.
DHT blockers require a lot of caution. In most cases, the trade-off isn't justified. Of course, your results may differ.
 
d0se1 said:

chelsea daggerz said:

mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
Dutasteride is what my husband uses. TRT is part of his routine too. Libido problems are something some men mention. After starting it, he did experience slightly reduced libido at first, though that went away without intervention. Since his sex drive is strong, it was never really a problem for him—but if that's a concern for you, ymmv.
DHT blockers require a lot of caution. In most cases, the trade-off isn't justified. Of course, your results may differ.
I'm looking into pumpkin seed oil as a topical DHT blocker for my bald spot. 56m, only just began, and I'll check back after a month or two 🤞🤞
 
For me, a daily dose of 1mg finastride along with minoxidil applied topically has produced excellent results. Microneedlng was something else I gave a shot, though it can be painful now and then. My assumption is that the thinning came about because of TRT.
 
chelsea daggerz said:

mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
Dutasteride is what my husband uses. TRT is part of his routine too. Libido problems are something some men mention. After starting it, he did experience slightly reduced libido at first, though that went away without intervention. Since his sex drive is strong, it was never really a problem for him—but if that's a concern for you, ymmv.
I went with finasteride because its half-life is a lot shorter than dutasteride's, though dutasteride appears to do a better job of eliminating DHT.

Google AI

Dutasteride's half-life is much longer (roughly 4-5 weeks), while finasteride's is 6-8 hours
 
Peptidesearch said:

chelsea daggerz said:

mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
Dutasteride is what my husband uses. TRT is part of his routine too. Libido problems are something some men mention. After starting it, he did experience slightly reduced libido at first, though that went away without intervention. Since his sex drive is strong, it was never really a problem for him—but if that's a concern for you, ymmv.
I went with finasteride because its half-life is a lot shorter than dutasteride's, though dutasteride appears to do a better job of eliminating DHT.

Google AI

Dutasteride's half-life is much longer (roughly 4-5 weeks), while finasteride's is 6-8 hours
Prior to beginning Dutasteride, he had already been on that for several years. His hairline had suffered considerably because of the TRT. In mid November he went through a hair transplant, and he has added red light therapy along with GLOW as well. Transplant hairs typically need around 3 months before they start growing, so roughly 1 more month remains for him. Throughout this period he will keep taking the Dutasteride, and right now he does not intend to stop it.
 
chelsea daggerz said:

Peptidesearch said:

chelsea daggerz said:

mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
Dutasteride is what my husband uses. TRT is part of his routine too. Libido problems are something some men mention. After starting it, he did experience slightly reduced libido at first, though that went away without intervention. Since his sex drive is strong, it was never really a problem for him—but if that's a concern for you, ymmv.
I went with finasteride because its half-life is a lot shorter than dutasteride's, though dutasteride appears to do a better job of eliminating DHT.

Google AI

Dutasteride's half-life is much longer (roughly 4-5 weeks), while finasteride's is 6-8 hours
Prior to beginning Dutasteride, he had already been on that for several years. His hairline had suffered considerably because of the TRT. In mid November he went through a hair transplant, and he has added red light therapy along with GLOW as well. Transplant hairs typically need around 3 months before they start growing, so roughly 1 more month remains for him. Throughout this period he will keep taking the Dutasteride, and right now he does not intend to stop it.

I'd also take dutasteride following a transplant; my thinking is that it maximizes the odds for the new grafts. In my experience, GLP1s alongside TRT works against keeping hair loss at bay. 🤣
 
d0se1 said:

chelsea daggerz said:

mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
Dutasteride is what my husband uses. TRT is part of his routine too. Libido problems are something some men mention. After starting it, he did experience slightly reduced libido at first, though that went away without intervention. Since his sex drive is strong, it was never really a problem for him—but if that's a concern for you, ymmv.
DHT blockers require a lot of caution. In most cases, the trade-off isn't justified. Of course, your results may differ.
Honestly, most of the time the trade-off pays off. Take a look at the research — for hair loss, the incidence of side effects with dutasteride/finasteride sits around 5-10%
 
I've used GJK-Cu for more than a month now. (I'm also taking reta, cjc/ipa, and wolv.) My hair stays short. Thicker hair is definitely something I've seen. It might be a bit more oily, but the thickness is clear. I don't believe there's any new hair. It's just in better condition.
 
TRT has definitely thinned my hair out a bit, I'm aware of that. After reading that GHK-CU might thicken it up, I figured I'd try it. Three weeks in, nothing to report so far, though I'm not expecting overnight miracles. I'm treating this as a marathon, not a sprint.
 
Bball24 said:

TRT has definitely thinned my hair out a bit, I'm aware of that. After reading that GHK-CU might thicken it up, I figured I'd try it. Three weeks in, nothing to report so far, though I'm not expecting overnight miracles. I'm treating this as a marathon, not a sprint.
For over 20 years, Dr Wallach—that nutrition quack—has claimed the biggest culprit behind hair loss is a serious copper deficiency in what we eat. And now it turns out GHK-CU addresses numerous skin concerns, plus you may want to check out AHK-CU, which is said to be aimed at hair problems.

I've really dug into this topic (I went bald at 45, after all)....A widespread myth holds that testosterone is the direct cause of most hair loss in men. The most common type of hair loss among men, male pattern baldness, mainly results from dihydrotestosterone (DHT)—a powerful testosterone derivative—along with a genetic susceptibility to DHT. DHT is the key player: hair loss isn't caused directly by testosterone itself.

Testosterone levels aren't the primary issue: if a man isn't sensitive to it, he can keep a full head of hair despite high testosterone, whereas low testosterone doesn't prevent substantial hair loss when genetics predispose someone to it. On top of that, TRT appears able to speed up hair loss in people who are genetically susceptible, because it raises DHT levels.

There's far more to the story, but in short, what drives hair loss isn't testosterone levels—it's genetic sensitivity to DHT, a metabolite of testosterone. So most male hair loss is driven not by testosterone but by DHT and genetics.

I hope this info helps someone.
 
Bball24 said:

TRT has definitely thinned my hair out a bit, I'm aware of that. After reading that GHK-CU might thicken it up, I figured I'd try it. Three weeks in, nothing to report so far, though I'm not expecting overnight miracles. I'm treating this as a marathon, not a sprint.
Honestly, I'm not sure. I've passed 50, and GHK-Cu — both subQ and topical — seems to have done a little for my skin wrinkles. As for my hair, it might look slightly more lustrous, though that could just be a better haircut. The only regrowth I've seen showed up in places I never wanted and believed I'd already dealt with! A bumper crop of ear and nose hair was not on my wish list.
 
1 month into my serum routine: topical minox/finest, ghk-cu, PTD-DPM,

Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3 topicals plus oral finesteride.

Not much to report. There does appear to be some slight peach fuzz I'd never spotted before. It shows up more clearly when light hits from behind and I check in a mirror. Pretty neat, honestly. Worth noting: I derm-roll with micro needling 3 times weekly before applying the topicals, and as I said in an earlier post, I'm also throwing in a few weekly applications of topical retin cream to stir up a bit of inflammation so the topicals absorb better.

I'll check back in a month or two! Fingers crossed for some coverage up top by summer! Haha🤪
 
d0se1 said:

chelsea daggerz said:

mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
Dutasteride is what my husband uses. TRT is part of his routine too. Libido problems are something some men mention. After starting it, he did experience slightly reduced libido at first, though that went away without intervention. Since his sex drive is strong, it was never really a problem for him—but if that's a concern for you, ymmv.
DHT blockers require a lot of caution. In most cases, the trade-off isn't justified. Of course, your results may differ.
It remains highly debatable whether PFS is a real condition at all, or whether the whole thing is psychological in nature.
 
Jellybelly54 said:

Some might think there’s no hope left, but you’ll only find out by giving it a shot. Here’s what I suggest:



1. Take finesteride orally, 1mg per day

2. Put retinol cream or gel on the scalp 1 hour before applying the topical solutions. The irritation aids the solutions in getting into the dermis, or you can use a needling device or needle roller. For maximum penetration of the solutions below, you can combine the cream and the roller.

3. Use topical minoxidil together with topical finesteride

(These can be obtained from HIMS or from AllDayChemist)

4. Apply GHK-Cu peptide topically

5. Apply PTD-DPM peptide topically by itself or blended with the next 2 peptides….

6. Apply Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1 topically

7. Apply Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3 topically

All these peptides are available from different suppliers, or you can purchase them ready-made from Amazon. Stick with the treatment for at least 6 months before giving up. Also, buzzing it off or keeping a shaved head will let the peps and meds penetrate best, since hair won’t absorb the meds. If not, use a HYDRA NEEDLE device to send the liquids straight to the scalp rather than the hair, because the scalp is where everything happens.

The last and crucial step is a red light therapy cap for 20-30 mins each day. It doesn’t need to be the $1k dollar version either! Just grab the $100 Amazon hat and wear it every morning!

That’s my extensive research . Hope that helps.

Do those happen together, or independently and in some sequence?
 
I'm on Finesteride for prostate reduction, and I've spotted a few sprouts coming up on my bald spot. Not a huge amount, but they're definitely present.
 
mtfuji said:

Wondering whether any product actually helps with hair growth of any kind — on the scalp, naturally?
For the past 3-4 months I've been on oral Minoxidil + Finasteride to deal with male pattern baldness, and the change has been striking. Density and thickness are clearly better. These days, running my hand over the top of my scalp gives me a feel of substantial hair, not the thin almost-nothing texture from before.

That said... once it's lost, it's lost. My receding hairline hasn't moved. Neither has the small bald spot. Those areas won't come back. If only I'd begun Minoxidil + Finasteride 5+ years ago, back when I started TRT.

On top of that, my arm hair is now glossy. Um. Fine, though that wasn't the goal. Still, it confirms what's happening on my head. Minoxidil acts across the entire body. If you lose more hair than usual in month 1, don't panic - that's expected.

For most people, 2.5 mg Minoxidil ought to be sufficient, but I personally take 5 mg. Keep in mind this drug failed as a blood pressure treatment. Five mg remains much less than the hypertension dosing, but be aware it can still do something. My libido has dropped somewhat on Finasteride, though not to a troublesome degree. If you're someone who maxes everything out, dutasteride exists, and it will NUKE your DHT while having an absurdly long half life. Maybe wait on dutasteride until you've confirmed finasteride isn't doing the job for you.

One more thing: get your ferritin and protein dialed in.
 
Ruckus4519 said:

Jellybelly54 said:

Some might think there’s no hope left, but you’ll only find out by giving it a shot. Here’s what I suggest:



1. Take finesteride orally, 1mg per day

2. Put retinol cream or gel on the scalp 1 hour before applying the topical solutions. The irritation aids the solutions in getting into the dermis, or you can use a needling device or needle roller. For maximum penetration of the solutions below, you can combine the cream and the roller.

3. Use topical minoxidil together with topical finesteride

(These can be obtained from HIMS or from AllDayChemist)

4. Apply GHK-Cu peptide topically

5. Apply PTD-DPM peptide topically by itself or blended with the next 2 peptides….

6. Apply Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1 topically

7. Apply Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3 topically

All these peptides are available from different suppliers, or you can purchase them ready-made from Amazon. Stick with the treatment for at least 6 months before giving up. Also, buzzing it off or keeping a shaved head will let the peps and meds penetrate best, since hair won’t absorb the meds. If not, use a HYDRA NEEDLE device to send the liquids straight to the scalp rather than the hair, because the scalp is where everything happens.

The last and crucial step is a red light therapy cap for 20-30 mins each day. It doesn’t need to be the $1k dollar version either! Just grab the $100 Amazon hat and wear it every morning!

That’s my extensive research . Hope that helps.

Do those happen together, or independently and in some sequence?
I apply the topical minoxidil/finasteride blend at the start. Once that has absorbed, I follow with the peptide combinations. I quit taking oral finasteride because it was causing sexual side effects that bothered me. Perhaps I will give it another shot at some point.
 
Back
Top