Another 15 Obesity Treatments Are on the Way

MrZardoz

Explorer
Joined
Aug 28, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Connecticut/Storrs
Thanks to the excellent Downsized series, which I've been following for a good while now —

here comes a refreshingly straight-talking rundown of where things stand with the newest 15 groups of obesity medications.

Several of them are already showing up with vendors, so this list is worth having for

forum members to digest and watch out for.

The episode blurb, as published:

In this episode of The Downsized, Christopher Durham takes a deep look at the 15 most important new obesity medications currently in development. Some could reach patients within the next year. Others are showing weight loss results approaching 30% in clinical trials. There are new weekly injections, monthly injections, oral medications, amylin-based therapies, triple agonists, and treatments specifically being developed for people living with obesity and related conditions like MASH (fatty liver disease). Christopher breaks down the science, the clinical trial results, the FDA timelines, and what each medication could mean for real patients trying to treat the disease of obesity.Featured medications include:• CagriSema• Retatrutide• Survodutide• MariTide• VK2735• Mazdutide• Amycretin• Petrelintide• Eloralintide• PF-3944• Pemvidutide• And more. The future of obesity treatment is changing rapidly. The next five years could bring more new obesity medications than the previous two decades combined. But the biggest question remains: Will patients actually be able to afford them? About The Downsized Christopher and Laraine Durham have lost more than 150 pounds using GLP-1 medications and share their experiences as patients treating the disease of obesity. The Downsized covers obesity medicine, GLP-1 medications, weight loss research, healthcare policy, patient advocacy, and the latest industry news.We are not doctors. Nothing in this video should be considered medical advice. Always consult your healthcare provider before starting, stopping, or changing any medication.

Click to expand...
 
Blows my mind, honestly — the sheer number of obesity treatments in the pipeline is hard to take in. That said, none of it changes anything for me right now, since I've already landed on a combo that does the job. For upkeep, reta plus cagri is more than enough; it wipes out my appetite and keeps the weight coming off. Even so, it's good to know more options are on the horizon. Give it 5 to 10 years and who knows what else will show up — could be something wild. I'm looking forward to watching it all play out.
 
There's a blogger covering GLP drugs and related topics who's attending the ADA Conference this week. He'll write up the sessions he sits in on, and given how closely he follows this space, a lot of these new drugs are bound to come up.

ADA Conference 2026 Preview
 
Which is exactly why I've stopped myself from piling any MORE onto the Tirz stash I already have. Working through that supply will take long enough that everyone will have moved on to the next Shiny Thing by then.
 
yeddie said:

There's a blogger covering GLP drugs and related topics who's attending the ADA Conference this week. He'll write up the sessions he sits in on, and given how closely he follows this space, a lot of these new drugs are bound to come up.

ADA Conference 2026 Preview
Its own description calls it a collated set of data on incretin drug development — new compounds, new treatments, and where incretins are heading in medicine

A blog that looks worth following, so I've signed up.

Appreciate it.
 
The next big frontier, in my view, ought to be compounds that go after white fat cells directly — and by go after I mean destroy them permanently. FTTP points that way, except it needs to be safer, and paired with a Glp1 that would give you the best of both worlds. Tirze and Reta have taken a lot of weight off me, though I suspect I'll be dosing again every so often to hold onto the result.
 
Vriende said:

yeddie said:

There's a blogger covering GLP drugs and related topics who's attending the ADA Conference this week. He'll write up the sessions he sits in on, and given how closely he follows this space, a lot of these new drugs are bound to come up.

ADA Conference 2026 Preview
Its own description calls it a collated set of data on incretin drug development — new compounds, new treatments, and where incretins are heading in medicine

A blog that looks worth following, so I've signed up.

Appreciate it.
Per his own Bluesky post, the first retatrutide dose went in on Sept 23 2023 — close to 1000 days ago now.

He'll no doubt keep updating the blog. In the meantime I'm keeping up with what he posts on Bluesky from the conference.
 
Crowreap said:

Blows my mind, honestly — the sheer number of obesity treatments in the pipeline is hard to take in. That said, none of it changes anything for me right now, since I've already landed on a combo that does the job. For upkeep, reta plus cagri is more than enough; it wipes out my appetite and keeps the weight coming off. Even so, it's good to know more options are on the horizon. Give it 5 to 10 years and who knows what else will show up — could be something wild. I'm looking forward to watching it all play out.
What is it about cagri that gives you something reta can't? Thanks!
 
Crowreap said:

Blows my mind, honestly — the sheer number of obesity treatments in the pipeline is hard to take in. That said, none of it changes anything for me right now, since I've already landed on a combo that does the job. For upkeep, reta plus cagri is more than enough; it wipes out my appetite and keeps the weight coming off. Even so, it's good to know more options are on the horizon. Give it 5 to 10 years and who knows what else will show up — could be something wild. I'm looking forward to watching it all play out.
Same here. I'm at maintenance now and sitting on a sizeable stockpile of blends that do the trick for me. Switching would take an actual cure, not just another treatment.

Thinking back to the beginning, there's no way I'd have gone near grey market peptides had EL put a sensible price on Tirz. These days, having seen how vast the peptide world is, I can't picture myself returning to the costly single-agent pharma products.
 
Care to guess how many of the people who rant about big pharma will end up pinning research-grade versions of these meds themselves?
 
A few months back I signed up for the Corbus Pharmaceuticals obesity trial running near me. The compound was THCV, which is meant to blunt cravings and was being tested as an add-on to a GLP-1 to make it work better. I was under the weight threshold, so they wouldn't take me ☹️ I did end up buying some of the product online anyway. Any effect has been very subtle as far as I can tell. Perhaps my dose is simply too low. 🤷‍♀️

​#-
 
Rezwalker said:

Damn —

the war on fat people is genuinely underway.
The campaign hits men too young or too unfit to be drafted, and women of childbearing age — and excess weight blocks both. My theory is that turning a blind eye to the small operators while cracking down on anyone who outgrows their bathtub is a deliberate way of holding the status quo in place.
 
About half of those names have been doing the rounds on this site for ages.

Personally I'm holding out for Unicornitide. (sparkly Unicornitide, ideally)
 
Alma said:

Crowreap said:

Blows my mind, honestly — the sheer number of obesity treatments in the pipeline is hard to take in. That said, none of it changes anything for me right now, since I've already landed on a combo that does the job. For upkeep, reta plus cagri is more than enough; it wipes out my appetite and keeps the weight coming off. Even so, it's good to know more options are on the horizon. Give it 5 to 10 years and who knows what else will show up — could be something wild. I'm looking forward to watching it all play out.
What is it about cagri that gives you something reta can't? Thanks!
Truth is, cagri was never something I actually needed — reta already covers everything for me. I added it purely as a trial run, and what I've found is that my food noise, hunger and appetite suppression are all identical to how they were before. They were already absent, and adding cagri has left them still absent. What has changed is the gastric delay, which is more pronounced than it was on reta alone. So the whole reason I stacked it was curiosity about the feel of it. I don't truly require it, yet I expect I'll carry on with it, since it gets me to full even faster now. Honestly, it can take as few as 5 or 6 mouthfuls and I'm done eating and content. That isn't wise, mind, because I know my energy will suffer later. If shrinking your calorie intake is the goal, the cagri + reta pairing is absurdly effective for satiety and pushes that sense of fullness somewhere new — but it also drags digestion down to a near standstill, so food just parks in your stomach, your bowels move at a snail's pace, and you spend the day stuffed and never once hungry 247.
 
Back
Top