Another 15 Obesity Treatments Are on the Way

m100568 said:

Crowreap said:

Blows my mind, honestly — the sheer number of obesity treatments in the pipeline is hard to take in. That said, none of it changes anything for me right now, since I've already landed on a combo that does the job. For upkeep, reta plus cagri is more than enough; it wipes out my appetite and keeps the weight coming off. Even so, it's good to know more options are on the horizon. Give it 5 to 10 years and who knows what else will show up — could be something wild. I'm looking forward to watching it all play out.
Same here. I'm at maintenance now and sitting on a sizeable stockpile of blends that do the trick for me. Switching would take an actual cure, not just another treatment.

Thinking back to the beginning, there's no way I'd have gone near grey market peptides had EL put a sensible price on Tirz. These days, having seen how vast the peptide world is, I can't picture myself returning to the costly single-agent pharma products.
Indeed. There's no sense paying the legitimate source when the grey market costs a great deal less — and it sent me down one hell of a rabbit hole, and I'd guess the same happened to you, since we're now working through an entire laundry list of peptides. Plenty of us laid in weight loss peptides that will keep us going for years. So should anything ever go wrong with grey market supply, we'll be covered for a good while.
 
rkbleddyn said:

Right then, everyone — let's arrange to hold a moment of silence. Body positivity is on its way out.
It's arriving fast...





9a898a276119d3f378072a69f174353b08aeccfb38d80b8ac1469cce568b883e.webp
 
lastresort said:

Skidude said:

rkbleddyn said:

Right then, everyone — let's arrange to hold a moment of silence. Body positivity is on its way out.
It's arriving fast...





View attachment 62
Is there any chance she'd just vanish??
She'll only shed a small amount — you're waiting on her to increase that GLP-1 dose of hers.
 
Skidude said:

rkbleddyn said:

Right then, everyone — let's arrange to hold a moment of silence. Body positivity is on its way out.
It's arriving fast...





View attachment 62
(One caveat: Lizzo has said a few strange things over the years and that's why I stopped following her, though…)

Nobody is owed a particular shape of body by us, and I'd never shame anyone for going after better health — but it does make me a little sad that we're losing heavy, sexy celebrities and the idea that you can be hot at any size. Her music and her late 2010s message honestly gave me the confidence that I too could be big n’ sexy. I mean, I AM and always have been 😉 but that the wider world could accept it…that counted for a lot.

And yet, now that I'm on track to stay in straight sizes for good (rather than just the brief stretch where I'm grinding away and white-knuckling it) — and that this is genuinely reachable — I feel excited about it. I'm no joiner, and definitely a weirdo, but the social currency that comes with thinness…it's hard to ignore.
 
HouseCat said:

Skidude said:

rkbleddyn said:

Right then, everyone — let's arrange to hold a moment of silence. Body positivity is on its way out.
It's arriving fast...





View attachment 62
(One caveat: Lizzo has said a few strange things over the years and that's why I stopped following her, though…)

Nobody is owed a particular shape of body by us, and I'd never shame anyone for going after better health — but it does make me a little sad that we're losing heavy, sexy celebrities and the idea that you can be hot at any size. Her music and her late 2010s message honestly gave me the confidence that I too could be big n’ sexy. I mean, I AM and always have been 😉 but that the wider world could accept it…that counted for a lot.

And yet, now that I'm on track to stay in straight sizes for good (rather than just the brief stretch where I'm grinding away and white-knuckling it) — and that this is genuinely reachable — I feel excited about it. I'm no joiner, and definitely a weirdo, but the social currency that comes with thinness…it's hard to ignore.
Well put...Each person's journey is owed respect, ours included...Going by what I've seen you write, Cat, I'm proud of the work you've put in... 👍
 
Not convinced I'm the target audience for anything new or whiz-bang...I'm old, and what I already have does precisely what it's meant to. My tirz/reta stash will almost certainly outlast my most hopeful estimate of my own lifespan...I could switch off the internet entirely, never think about anything new again, and my health and wellness routine would still be elite...

It does amaze me that all of this progress keeps arriving in leaps and bounds, and I genuinely hope it remakes (pun very much intended 😎) the world...👍
 
HouseCat said:

Skidude said:

rkbleddyn said:

Right then, everyone — let's arrange to hold a moment of silence. Body positivity is on its way out.
It's arriving fast...





View attachment 62
(One caveat: Lizzo has said a few strange things over the years and that's why I stopped following her, though…)

Nobody is owed a particular shape of body by us, and I'd never shame anyone for going after better health — but it does make me a little sad that we're losing heavy, sexy celebrities and the idea that you can be hot at any size. Her music and her late 2010s message honestly gave me the confidence that I too could be big n’ sexy. I mean, I AM and always have been 😉 but that the wider world could accept it…that counted for a lot.

And yet, now that I'm on track to stay in straight sizes for good (rather than just the brief stretch where I'm grinding away and white-knuckling it) — and that this is genuinely reachable — I feel excited about it. I'm no joiner, and definitely a weirdo, but the social currency that comes with thinness…it's hard to ignore.

The news has been full of talk about body positivity being finished, and the truth is that a great many people are enjoying the pay-off from approaches that genuinely work. At one point Lizzo was a vocal body-positive celebrity, as far as I know.

That South Park joke is what I meant — the doctor prescribing Lizzo 5x a day for body positivity, since Cartman couldn't afford GLP1s.

I certainly wasn't aiming it at her personally, nor at her personality (whom, honestly, I'd never heard of), nor at her body.

In that episode she was used as an example of body positivity. I also read that South Park said they'd stop making that sort of joke afterwards. (A big deal, given they go after absolutely everyone.)

One more thing:

While hunting for the image I came across a lot of articles where she "admitted" to trying GLP!s, only for them to make her feel awful, so she had to rely on other methods.

She really does look like a different woman!
 
Back
Top