AI review of 400,000 Reddit posts highlights overlooked GLP-1 side effects

ChicagoFit said:

Would anyone who has paywall access be so kind as to share the full original article, or provide a link to it?

The paywall abstract can be found here: https://www.nature.com/articles/s44360-026-00108-y

My workplace's subscription to this journal only covers a few years, so I can't access the full text here. However, the authors have made the paper available at this link:




Self-Reported Side Effects of Semaglutide and Tirzepatide in Online Communities



Data from social media can capture patient experiences with glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists (GLP-1 RAs) that go beyond what clinical trials show. The team examined 410,198 Reddit posts (May 2019-June 2025) that mentioned semaglutide or tirzepatide. In total, 67,008 users described their own use of these...

5add8f07a3a7268c6690dfbfa3bd8cf84f527074b92eb3936d4bb8e010f9e60d.png



arxiv.org

In the upper right corner, there's a button labeled "Access Paper"

The abstract matches the one shared earlier in this thread. So I'm confident it's the same paper
 
Abdominal fat probably plays a big part in how hormones are made and controlled... it throws sex hormones out of balance. So if someone loses a lot of that fat quickly, I can see how that might happen....That said, I'd want to know how many people who said their menstrual cycle changed were already in perimenopause or menopause. Those are completely different hormonal problems.
 
Back
Top