Adding cagri or tirz to reta: what has your experience been?

Hi once more.

Sure, plenty of folks combine 2 or 3 of those. As for me, I haven't done it, though I'd point you toward the search tool (that tiny magnifying glass in the corner) and suggest browsing through results until you locate what you need — this subject has already come up in quite a few threads. My advice is to try that first any time a question arises, since the majority of what new members ask has been covered repeatedly before. Looking things up before posting helps keep the forum from getting cluttered.

Nice to see you here, and best of luck! 😊
 
cheaperseeker said:

Hi once more.

Sure, plenty of folks combine 2 or 3 of those. As for me, I haven't done it, though I'd point you toward the search tool (that tiny magnifying glass in the corner) and suggest browsing through results until you locate what you need — this subject has already come up in quite a few threads. My advice is to try that first any time a question arises, since the majority of what new members ask has been covered repeatedly before. Looking things up before posting helps keep the forum from getting cluttered.

Nice to see you here, and best of luck! 😊
Thanks… I’ll just rely on a bunch of googling lol. Seems like new members aren’t very welcome around here.
 
casons1miracle said:

cheaperseeker said:

Hi once more.

Sure, plenty of folks combine 2 or 3 of those. As for me, I haven't done it, though I'd point you toward the search tool (that tiny magnifying glass in the corner) and suggest browsing through results until you locate what you need — this subject has already come up in quite a few threads. My advice is to try that first any time a question arises, since the majority of what new members ask has been covered repeatedly before. Looking things up before posting helps keep the forum from getting cluttered.

Nice to see you here, and best of luck! 😊
Thanks… I’ll just rely on a bunch of googling lol. Seems like new members aren’t very welcome around here.
I'm also relatively new, and from what I can tell, plenty of folks in this space get annoyed when newcomers don't bother looking for existing long threads on the very question they're asking, even though those threads are plentiful and the responses tend to stay the same. Making an effort seems to go a long way, based on what I've noticed.
 
AngieHolmes said:

casons1miracle said:

cheaperseeker said:

Hi once more.

Sure, plenty of folks combine 2 or 3 of those. As for me, I haven't done it, though I'd point you toward the search tool (that tiny magnifying glass in the corner) and suggest browsing through results until you locate what you need — this subject has already come up in quite a few threads. My advice is to try that first any time a question arises, since the majority of what new members ask has been covered repeatedly before. Looking things up before posting helps keep the forum from getting cluttered.

Nice to see you here, and best of luck! 😊
Thanks… I’ll just rely on a bunch of googling lol. Seems like new members aren’t very welcome around here.
I'm also relatively new, and from what I can tell, plenty of folks in this space get annoyed when newcomers don't bother looking for existing long threads on the very question they're asking, even though those threads are plentiful and the responses tend to stay the same. Making an effort seems to go a long way, based on what I've noticed.
I get that, and before making my first post I did search for a comparison between the two, but nothing turned up. Thanks for getting where I'm coming from.
 
AngieHolmes said:

casons1miracle said:

cheaperseeker said:

Hi once more.

Sure, plenty of folks combine 2 or 3 of those. As for me, I haven't done it, though I'd point you toward the search tool (that tiny magnifying glass in the corner) and suggest browsing through results until you locate what you need — this subject has already come up in quite a few threads. My advice is to try that first any time a question arises, since the majority of what new members ask has been covered repeatedly before. Looking things up before posting helps keep the forum from getting cluttered.

Nice to see you here, and best of luck! 😊
Thanks… I’ll just rely on a bunch of googling lol. Seems like new members aren’t very welcome around here.
I'm also relatively new, and from what I can tell, plenty of folks in this space get annoyed when newcomers don't bother looking for existing long threads on the very question they're asking, even though those threads are plentiful and the responses tend to stay the same. Making an effort seems to go a long way, based on what I've noticed.
For me, there are times when the search bar just won't return results for terms that are "too common."
 
Yep, I do. Occasionally I'll stack tirz, reta and cagri together. Working well up to now, though the sides get rough if you rush it or overdo the dose
 
casons1miracle said:

Hi! Looks like my first post wasn't phrased clearly. I'm wondering if anyone has combined cagri and/or tirz with reta, and how that went for you. Thanks.
My reta dose is 1mg taken twice weekly, and that's where I began and remain. To assist with appetite control, I'll introduce 2.5 mg tirz every couple of weeks. It does seem to be effective, and it keeps me from needing to raise my reta dosage (when I went above 3g a week, I experienced skin sensitivity). I hope this is useful. Tirz was my pick since I'd read that cagri can be cheaper but may come with reconstitution problems and bad sides. With Tirz, I've had no sides.
 
When reta first arrived, I combined it with tirz since I was aiming to switch over while staying on glp1s the whole time. Each shot went on its own day. At smaller amounts, tirz brings noticeably more appetite suppression than reta. In time I figured out that reta leaves me far less tired, so I switched to reta by itself.
 
lastresort said:

AngieHolmes said:

casons1miracle said:

cheaperseeker said:

Hi once more.

Sure, plenty of folks combine 2 or 3 of those. As for me, I haven't done it, though I'd point you toward the search tool (that tiny magnifying glass in the corner) and suggest browsing through results until you locate what you need — this subject has already come up in quite a few threads. My advice is to try that first any time a question arises, since the majority of what new members ask has been covered repeatedly before. Looking things up before posting helps keep the forum from getting cluttered.

Nice to see you here, and best of luck! 😊
Thanks… I’ll just rely on a bunch of googling lol. Seems like new members aren’t very welcome around here.
I'm also relatively new, and from what I can tell, plenty of folks in this space get annoyed when newcomers don't bother looking for existing long threads on the very question they're asking, even though those threads are plentiful and the responses tend to stay the same. Making an effort seems to go a long way, based on what I've noticed.
For me, there are times when the search bar just won't return results for terms that are "too common."
That's happened to me as well.

From what I've seen, there's a distinct reaction when someone joins a group and declares they have no plans to use any of the resources available on the site, yet still want others to provide brand-new replies to questions that have already been covered extensively. It comes across a bit like informing strangers that yes, you really do expect them to peel your grapes.

That's simply the impression I've formed after reading here for a few months.
 
CathyGoesFar said:

When reta first arrived, I combined it with tirz since I was aiming to switch over while staying on glp1s the whole time. Each shot went on its own day. At smaller amounts, tirz brings noticeably more appetite suppression than reta. In time I figured out that reta leaves me far less tired, so I switched to reta by itself.
This is exactly the type of comment I appreciate most! Smart, considerate, and you recognize that what you've noticed and learned comes from you and your own body—it can't be assumed to hold true for everyone else, since we genuinely are all unique. A wonderful example of the N=1 scientist mindset.

It makes me really happy that you found what suits you : )
 
I worked my way up to 7mg of Reta, and the results were great, yet food noise remained very much present. Rather than increasing the dose after a month at 7mg, I introduced 2.5 mg of tirz, and have now completed 1 week on that stack. The food noise has vanished entirely, which is precisely what I wanted. I don’t expect to raise the dose of either medication in the near future; my plan is to stay at these doses until either my weight stops dropping or the food noise returns.
 
Builderman said:

I worked my way up to 7mg of Reta, and the results were great, yet food noise remained very much present. Rather than increasing the dose after a month at 7mg, I introduced 2.5 mg of tirz, and have now completed 1 week on that stack. The food noise has vanished entirely, which is precisely what I wanted. I don’t expect to raise the dose of either medication in the near future; my plan is to stay at these doses until either my weight stops dropping or the food noise returns.
I'm considering trying the same approach. Currently I'm at 9mg of reta. For the past 6 weeks I was on 6mg. It seems to be effective, though not to the degree I'd prefer. Over the last month or so I've kind of been plateauing.
 
Back
Top