AcadiaPeptides
Explorer
I've never bought into the whole "wellness" scene. My rule of thumb: if ibuprofen, duct tape, or plain denial can't solve it, it's probably garbage.
Then yesterday, my PT threw in a complimentary Red Light Therapy session. I've been on Tirzepatide for several months, and the fast weight loss has made my face age like a dog's. So I shrugged and went for it. At worst, I'd walk out glowing like a nightlight.
Thing 1 I didn't expect: the light is intense. I pictured soft, spa vibes. What I got looked like a tanning bed mated with the warp core of the Enterprise. (Honestly, I dug it -- what's next, Geordi?)
Thing 2 I didn't expect: you're naked for it. So picture me, a man in his 50s, inside a booth the size of a closet, soaking in red light like a rotisserie chicken that lost its way. Midway through, I caught myself doing a little shuffle (think the movie FAME), and my brain went, "If someone opens that door, I'm socially dead forever."
But you know what? It was actually a good time. Goofy, but a good time. I felt like the lead in some cheap sci-fi flick where the aliens try to make me young again before shipping me back to Earth.
Will it do anything for the wrinkles? No clue. Still, I can now say I gave it a shot, and I neither combusted nor woke up with powers . . . yet, so I'm calling it a win. She also told me I'm welcome back anytime, free of charge. Sounds like it isn't seeing much traffic these days.
Just wanted to share my first trip into the world of glowing wellness gadgets. Worst case, someone out there gets a chuckle picturing me doing the Naked Red Light Shuffle in a closet.
Then yesterday, my PT threw in a complimentary Red Light Therapy session. I've been on Tirzepatide for several months, and the fast weight loss has made my face age like a dog's. So I shrugged and went for it. At worst, I'd walk out glowing like a nightlight.
Thing 1 I didn't expect: the light is intense. I pictured soft, spa vibes. What I got looked like a tanning bed mated with the warp core of the Enterprise. (Honestly, I dug it -- what's next, Geordi?)
Thing 2 I didn't expect: you're naked for it. So picture me, a man in his 50s, inside a booth the size of a closet, soaking in red light like a rotisserie chicken that lost its way. Midway through, I caught myself doing a little shuffle (think the movie FAME), and my brain went, "If someone opens that door, I'm socially dead forever."
But you know what? It was actually a good time. Goofy, but a good time. I felt like the lead in some cheap sci-fi flick where the aliens try to make me young again before shipping me back to Earth.
Will it do anything for the wrinkles? No clue. Still, I can now say I gave it a shot, and I neither combusted nor woke up with powers . . . yet, so I'm calling it a win. She also told me I'm welcome back anytime, free of charge. Sounds like it isn't seeing much traffic these days.
Just wanted to share my first trip into the world of glowing wellness gadgets. Worst case, someone out there gets a chuckle picturing me doing the Naked Red Light Shuffle in a closet.