41-Year-Old Male on Reta, 1 IU GH, and KLOW Stack Asking for Protocol and Dosing Input

venkacelnor

Explorer
Joined
May 11, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Munich
Hey everyone, I'd like some input on the protocol and plan I'm currently running. I'm male, 41 years old, and my weight right now is 76.5kg.

History & Results So Far

Retatrutide has been part of my regimen and the results have been consistent. Over 131 days I've dropped 14.9kg (roughly 3.4kg each month). Because fat loss continues at a steady pace, I'm keeping my weekly Reta dose fixed at 5mg.

Labs Taken as a Recent Baseline (August 2026)

I had a full blood panel done not long ago so I'd have clean baseline values before introducing anything else:

  • Metabolic/Glucose: HbA1c came back at 4.1% (fasting glucose baseline 94 mg/dl).
  • Hormones: Total Testosterone is 6.25–8.51 µg/l (healthy endogenous production with LH 2.99 IU/l, FSH 6.67 IU/l, Prolactin 6.54 µg/l).
  • Liver & Kidneys: The full liver panel is completely clear (ALT 30, AST 34, GGT 21, ALP 80, Albumin 42.7) with a classic isolated Gilbert's pattern (Total Bilirubin 1.42, 87% indirect). Creatinine 0.8 mg/dl, eGFR 110 ml/min.
  • Systemic Inflammation: CRP sits at 1.0 mg/l.

What I'm Planning & the Training Change

Preserving lean tissue and repairing joints/connective tissue is my main focus now. I'm moving away from boxing and hard sparring and picking up CrossFit instead, emphasizing pulling movements over the impact of striking.

1. HGH (Being Added): 1 IU per day. I'm starting on the low end so I can build systemic metabolic support and connective tissue turnover without pushing my blood glucose off track. The idea is to run it for 4–8 weeks, then check IGF-1 labs for my age-matched Z-score and adjust the dose if that's needed.

2. KLOW Stack (Being Added): (BPC-157 / TB-500 / GHK-Cu / KPV). I'm using it for localized repair in particular—angiogenesis, tendon remodeling, and addressing joint inflammation while my body gets used to the heavier lifting loads in CrossFit.

What I'd Like to Ask Everyone:

  • If you've combined Reta with low-dose GH, what did glycemic control and fat oxidation look like for you past the 8-week mark?
  • Regarding the KLOW blend, is your preference to run it continuously alongside baseline GH, or to hold it back for 30-day intervention cycles following heavy lifting blocks?
  • Given my current stats and bloodwork, are there any blind spots or changes you'd suggest?

Thanks for any thoughts or firsthand experience! 🙏🏻
 
venkacelnor said:

Hey everyone, I'd like some input on the protocol and plan I'm currently running. I'm male, 41 years old, and my weight right now is 76.5kg.

History & Results So Far

Retatrutide has been part of my regimen and the results have been consistent. Over 131 days I've dropped 14.9kg (roughly 3.4kg each month). Because fat loss continues at a steady pace, I'm keeping my weekly Reta dose fixed at 5mg.

Labs Taken as a Recent Baseline (August 2026)

I had a full blood panel done not long ago so I'd have clean baseline values before introducing anything else:

  • Metabolic/Glucose: HbA1c came back at 4.1% (fasting glucose baseline 94 mg/dl).
  • Hormones: Total Testosterone is 6.25–8.51 µg/l (healthy endogenous production with LH 2.99 IU/l, FSH 6.67 IU/l, Prolactin 6.54 µg/l).
  • Liver & Kidneys: The full liver panel is completely clear (ALT 30, AST 34, GGT 21, ALP 80, Albumin 42.7) with a classic isolated Gilbert's pattern (Total Bilirubin 1.42, 87% indirect). Creatinine 0.8 mg/dl, eGFR 110 ml/min.
  • Systemic Inflammation: CRP sits at 1.0 mg/l.

What I'm Planning & the Training Change

Preserving lean tissue and repairing joints/connective tissue is my main focus now. I'm moving away from boxing and hard sparring and picking up CrossFit instead, emphasizing pulling movements over the impact of striking.

1. HGH (Being Added): 1 IU per day. I'm starting on the low end so I can build systemic metabolic support and connective tissue turnover without pushing my blood glucose off track. The idea is to run it for 4–8 weeks, then check IGF-1 labs for my age-matched Z-score and adjust the dose if that's needed.

2. KLOW Stack (Being Added): (BPC-157 / TB-500 / GHK-Cu / KPV). I'm using it for localized repair in particular—angiogenesis, tendon remodeling, and addressing joint inflammation while my body gets used to the heavier lifting loads in CrossFit.

What I'd Like to Ask Everyone:

  • If you've combined Reta with low-dose GH, what did glycemic control and fat oxidation look like for you past the 8-week mark?
  • Regarding the KLOW blend, is your preference to run it continuously alongside baseline GH, or to hold it back for 30-day intervention cycles following heavy lifting blocks?
  • Given my current stats and bloodwork, are there any blind spots or changes you'd suggest?

Thanks for any thoughts or firsthand experience! 🙏🏻
Once I added GH, my fasted glucose went from 80mg/dL up to 84mg/dL. Since reta was already in the picture when the first blood draw was done, GH was the only new factor. My weight loss hit a plateau when I began GH, which might be tied to water retention. A few weeks later the weight started coming off again and I'm now getting quite lean. On top of that, I've noticed GH helps with sleep and with recovering from training. That benefit, more than the fat liposysis effect, is why I keep using it.

Are you tracking your IGF-1 and Z-score? If you aren't, I'd suggest getting those numbers so you can tell what the GH is actually doing. There's a chance 1 IU could push those values below what your body makes on its own. I'm on 3IU right now and my z-score went from -0.2 up to 1.2.

venkacelnor said:

Hey everyone, I'd like some input on the protocol and plan I'm currently running. I'm male, 41 years old, and my weight right now is 76.5kg.

History & Results So Far

Retatrutide has been part of my regimen and the results have been consistent. Over 131 days I've dropped 14.9kg (roughly 3.4kg each month). Because fat loss continues at a steady pace, I'm keeping my weekly Reta dose fixed at 5mg.

Labs Taken as a Recent Baseline (August 2026)

I had a full blood panel done not long ago so I'd have clean baseline values before introducing anything else:

  • Metabolic/Glucose: HbA1c came back at 4.1% (fasting glucose baseline 94 mg/dl).
  • Hormones: Total Testosterone is 6.25–8.51 µg/l (healthy endogenous production with LH 2.99 IU/l, FSH 6.67 IU/l, Prolactin 6.54 µg/l).
  • Liver & Kidneys: The full liver panel is completely clear (ALT 30, AST 34, GGT 21, ALP 80, Albumin 42.7) with a classic isolated Gilbert's pattern (Total Bilirubin 1.42, 87% indirect). Creatinine 0.8 mg/dl, eGFR 110 ml/min.
  • Systemic Inflammation: CRP sits at 1.0 mg/l.

What I'm Planning & the Training Change

Preserving lean tissue and repairing joints/connective tissue is my main focus now. I'm moving away from boxing and hard sparring and picking up CrossFit instead, emphasizing pulling movements over the impact of striking.

1. HGH (Being Added): 1 IU per day. I'm starting on the low end so I can build systemic metabolic support and connective tissue turnover without pushing my blood glucose off track. The idea is to run it for 4–8 weeks, then check IGF-1 labs for my age-matched Z-score and adjust the dose if that's needed.

2. KLOW Stack (Being Added): (BPC-157 / TB-500 / GHK-Cu / KPV). I'm using it for localized repair in particular—angiogenesis, tendon remodeling, and addressing joint inflammation while my body gets used to the heavier lifting loads in CrossFit.

What I'd Like to Ask Everyone:

  • If you've combined Reta with low-dose GH, what did glycemic control and fat oxidation look like for you past the 8-week mark?
  • Regarding the KLOW blend, is your preference to run it continuously alongside baseline GH, or to hold it back for 30-day intervention cycles following heavy lifting blocks?
  • Given my current stats and bloodwork, are there any blind spots or changes you'd suggest?

Thanks for any thoughts or firsthand experience! 🙏🏻
My KLOW approach was 8 weeks on, then a 4 week break. I've been back on it for 6 weeks now, and I'll likely stretch this cycle to 12 weeks before taking another break. I don't run heavy lifting blocks, though I do have hard climbing training sessions. What I get out of it is help with injury recovery.

Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? Weight on its own doesn't tell the whole story without height.
 
Troposphere said:


Troposphere said:


I saw my fasted glucose rise from 80mg/dL to 84mg/dL upon starting GH. I was already running reta during the first blood draw so GH was the new variable. When I started GH my weight loss stalled, perhaps because of water retention. After a couple of weeks weight loss picked up again and I am getting very lean. I have also found that GH aids in sleep and recovery from workouts. This was my reason for running it more than the fat liposysis effect.

Do you know your IGF-1 and Z-score? If not, I would recommend getting that info so you can see what effect the GH is having. It is possible that 1 IU would reduce those amounts to below your endogenous values. I currently run 3IU and increased my z-score from -0.2 to 1.2.

I started KLOW by running it for 8 weeks then took a 4 week break. I've been back on for 6 weeks, probably run this cycle out to 12 weeks and then another break. I don't do intense lifting blocks, but I do have intense climbing training sessions. I have found its value to be injury recovery.

Out of curiosity what is your height? Weight without height is an incomplete picture.

Click to expand...
Thanks for the heads up man, really appreciate the insight. 🙏🏻

Good to know about the initial water weight and the slight glucose bump. I'll expect the scale to stall for a bit so I don't start second-guessing my Reta dose.

I haven't pulled my baseline IGF-1 yet, but your point about 1 IU potentially suppressing my natural GH and actually dropping my Z-score makes a lot of sense. I actually booked an appointment for next week to get my "off" values checked before I start. If the bloods show that 1 IU is just pushing me below my natural baseline, I'll titrate up closer to that 2-3 IU range like you did.

Your KLOW cycle (8-12 weeks on, 4 weeks off) sounds perfect for localized repair. I'll probably just copy that timeline as my joints get used to the heavier lifting in CrossFit.

Oh, and for the height, I'm 178cm (about 5'10"). Good call on that, definitely helps paint the full picture.

Click to expand...
 
I get hgh prescribed by my doctor

My schedule is

2ui mon - fri - Sat and sun off

im also on 6mg of reta

HGH definetely makes me hungry, but for muscle recovery, mood, etc it has been a significant
 
koffea said:

I get hgh prescribed by my doctor

My schedule is

2ui mon - fri - Sat and sun off

im also on 6mg of reta

HGH definetely makes me hungry, but for muscle recovery, mood, etc it has been a significant
What's the rationale behind 5 days on and 2 days off? For my own part, I've been using 5.5ius every day over the long haul and haven't had any blood sugar problems whatsoever. Reta does an excellent job of keeping that in check.
 
Redz said:

koffea said:

I get hgh prescribed by my doctor

My schedule is

2ui mon - fri - Sat and sun off

im also on 6mg of reta

HGH definetely makes me hungry, but for muscle recovery, mood, etc it has been a significant
What's the rationale behind 5 days on and 2 days off? For my own part, I've been using 5.5ius every day over the long haul and haven't had any blood sugar problems whatsoever. Reta does an excellent job of keeping that in check.

That's something I want to ask my doctor about too.

I'm aware that 5/2 used to be the go-to schedule — every one of my uncles ran it that way.

Whether the studies actually back it up, though, I'm not convinced. The old rationale was that receptors require 1 - 2 days to recover and stay responsive, but I doubt that idea has held up under closer examination.
 
What's the reasoning behind 1 IU of HGH? On average, a healthy individual naturally makes 1–2 IU daily. So wouldn't that just be swapping out your own HGH production for an external source?
 
hazefred said:

What's the reasoning behind 1 IU of HGH? On average, a healthy individual naturally makes 1–2 IU daily. So wouldn't that just be swapping out your own HGH production for an external source?
To be honest, the only reason I went with 1 IU is that I've repeatedly come across the advice to begin at a low dose, so you can gauge how your body handles it and steer clear of adverse effects. Still, what you said about that amount essentially only substituting what I already make naturally really clicks.

I haven't begun injecting the GH at all yet. My goal right now is to pick up knowledge from all of you first, since I realize I should collect additional details and grasp how this actually plays out in practice from those with firsthand experience before I commit.

After my baseline labs come back next week, at what starting Z-score would you tell me to forget the 1 IU stage altogether and go straight to 2 or 3 IU?
 
venkacelnor said:

hazefred said:

What's the reasoning behind 1 IU of HGH? On average, a healthy individual naturally makes 1–2 IU daily. So wouldn't that just be swapping out your own HGH production for an external source?
To be honest, the only reason I went with 1 IU is that I've repeatedly come across the advice to begin at a low dose, so you can gauge how your body handles it and steer clear of adverse effects. Still, what you said about that amount essentially only substituting what I already make naturally really clicks.

I haven't begun injecting the GH at all yet. My goal right now is to pick up knowledge from all of you first, since I realize I should collect additional details and grasp how this actually plays out in practice from those with firsthand experience before I commit.

After my baseline labs come back next week, at what starting Z-score would you tell me to forget the 1 IU stage altogether and go straight to 2 or 3 IU?
Ahhh, got it.

You're welcome to share your lab work in this thread too (just black out names and any identifying details), that way we can better assess what's going on.

My suggestion would be to begin at 2 IU and monitor how you respond (fluid retention, trouble sleeping, etc.—those can all happen). Nothing stops you from bumping it up down the line.

The way it's typically done now is 2 IU taken before bed, ideally a bit of time after you've finished your last meal.
 
hazefred said:

venkacelnor said:

hazefred said:

What's the reasoning behind 1 IU of HGH? On average, a healthy individual naturally makes 1–2 IU daily. So wouldn't that just be swapping out your own HGH production for an external source?
To be honest, the only reason I went with 1 IU is that I've repeatedly come across the advice to begin at a low dose, so you can gauge how your body handles it and steer clear of adverse effects. Still, what you said about that amount essentially only substituting what I already make naturally really clicks.

I haven't begun injecting the GH at all yet. My goal right now is to pick up knowledge from all of you first, since I realize I should collect additional details and grasp how this actually plays out in practice from those with firsthand experience before I commit.

After my baseline labs come back next week, at what starting Z-score would you tell me to forget the 1 IU stage altogether and go straight to 2 or 3 IU?
Ahhh, got it.

You're welcome to share your lab work in this thread too (just black out names and any identifying details), that way we can better assess what's going on.

My suggestion would be to begin at 2 IU and monitor how you respond (fluid retention, trouble sleeping, etc.—those can all happen). Nothing stops you from bumping it up down the line.

The way it's typically done now is 2 IU taken before bed, ideally a bit of time after you've finished your last meal.
That's definitely happening. Thanks a lot — I genuinely appreciate it. 🙏🏻
 
venkacelnor said:

hazefred said:

venkacelnor said:

hazefred said:

What's the reasoning behind 1 IU of HGH? On average, a healthy individual naturally makes 1–2 IU daily. So wouldn't that just be swapping out your own HGH production for an external source?
To be honest, the only reason I went with 1 IU is that I've repeatedly come across the advice to begin at a low dose, so you can gauge how your body handles it and steer clear of adverse effects. Still, what you said about that amount essentially only substituting what I already make naturally really clicks.

I haven't begun injecting the GH at all yet. My goal right now is to pick up knowledge from all of you first, since I realize I should collect additional details and grasp how this actually plays out in practice from those with firsthand experience before I commit.

After my baseline labs come back next week, at what starting Z-score would you tell me to forget the 1 IU stage altogether and go straight to 2 or 3 IU?
Ahhh, got it.

You're welcome to share your lab work in this thread too (just black out names and any identifying details), that way we can better assess what's going on.

My suggestion would be to begin at 2 IU and monitor how you respond (fluid retention, trouble sleeping, etc.—those can all happen). Nothing stops you from bumping it up down the line.

The way it's typically done now is 2 IU taken before bed, ideally a bit of time after you've finished your last meal.
That's definitely happening. Thanks a lot — I genuinely appreciate it. 🙏🏻

Drop updates when you can 🙂 Losing 15kg is seriously impressive! I'm in my mid 30s myself, so I get that it doesn't come as easily as it did in our 20s haha

Stay on it man! And take a moment to give yourself credit
 
hazefred said:

What's the reasoning behind 1 IU of HGH? On average, a healthy individual naturally makes 1–2 IU daily. So wouldn't that just be swapping out your own HGH production for an external source?
While that might hold for someone at 20, my sense is that most people drawn to HGH are older, and for them even 1iu daily might deliver a meaningful IGF-1 bump and possibly be sufficient to hit the goal. A cautious approach, then tuning according to bloodwork, seems wiser.
 
Troposphere said:


I started KLOW by running it for 8 weeks then took a 4 week break. I've been back on for 6 weeks, probably run this cycle out to 12 weeks and then another break. I don't do intense lifting blocks, but I do have intense climbing training sessions. I have found its value to be injury recovery.

Click to expand...
I do a lot of heavy lifting and have been considering working KLOW into my routine. You mentioned that after intense climbing workouts you seem to notice better injury and recovery outcomes? As I get older, I'm definitely after something that speeds up recovery following my heavy lifting sessions. But why take a break instead of just staying on a maintenance dose? (I'm still trying to understand KLOW)
 
Bioexplorer said:

hazefred said:

What's the reasoning behind 1 IU of HGH? On average, a healthy individual naturally makes 1–2 IU daily. So wouldn't that just be swapping out your own HGH production for an external source?
While that might hold for someone at 20, my sense is that most people drawn to HGH are older, and for them even 1iu daily might deliver a meaningful IGF-1 bump and possibly be sufficient to hit the goal. A cautious approach, then tuning according to bloodwork, seems wiser.
Yeah, everyone’s response is different.

Personally, in my 30s, even 3-4 IU is more than I can tolerate, so I threw it out. That said, I don’t actually "need" external HGH, so I’m fine for now.

I might give it another shot during my next bulk 🙂
 
RandomCrew said:


I'm a heavy lifter and have thought about adding KLOW to my protocol, you said you feel you are seeing injury/recovery after hard climbing sessions? As I age, definitely looking for something to allow me to recover faster after my heavy lifting days. Why the break though, why not just a maintenance dose? (still learning about KLOW)

Click to expand...

About a year and a half ago I hurt my knee while rock climbing, and that pain kept nagging me. Once I began KLOW, the pain was gone by the time I finished my initial 8 week cycle. I paused there since that's what the majority of protocols I came across advised. I'm inclined to extend it, but I haven't come across any anecdotal reports confirming that's fine.

For recovery, GH has been a big help in my experience.
 
Troposphere said:


I had a knee injury from rock climbing that was bothering me for about a year and a half. After starting KLOW it was pain free after my first 8 week cycle. I took the break because it was what most protocols I found were recommending. I am tempted to run it longer, but have yet to find anecdotal evidence it is ok.

I have found GH to be very helpful for recovery.

Click to expand...
I'm grateful for the feedback. A few lingering issues from past weight-training sessions of mine tend to flare up now and then, so I'm seriously considering following your recommendation and giving it a try, just to find out.
 
venkacelnor said:

Hey everyone, I'd like some input on the protocol and plan I'm currently running. I'm male, 41 years old, and my weight right now is 76.5kg.

History & Results So Far

Retatrutide has been part of my regimen and the results have been consistent. Over 131 days I've dropped 14.9kg (roughly 3.4kg each month). Because fat loss continues at a steady pace, I'm keeping my weekly Reta dose fixed at 5mg.

Labs Taken as a Recent Baseline (August 2026)

I had a full blood panel done not long ago so I'd have clean baseline values before introducing anything else:

  • Metabolic/Glucose: HbA1c came back at 4.1% (fasting glucose baseline 94 mg/dl).
  • Hormones: Total Testosterone is 6.25–8.51 µg/l (healthy endogenous production with LH 2.99 IU/l, FSH 6.67 IU/l, Prolactin 6.54 µg/l).
  • Liver & Kidneys: The full liver panel is completely clear (ALT 30, AST 34, GGT 21, ALP 80, Albumin 42.7) with a classic isolated Gilbert's pattern (Total Bilirubin 1.42, 87% indirect). Creatinine 0.8 mg/dl, eGFR 110 ml/min.
  • Systemic Inflammation: CRP sits at 1.0 mg/l.

What I'm Planning & the Training Change

Preserving lean tissue and repairing joints/connective tissue is my main focus now. I'm moving away from boxing and hard sparring and picking up CrossFit instead, emphasizing pulling movements over the impact of striking.

1. HGH (Being Added): 1 IU per day. I'm starting on the low end so I can build systemic metabolic support and connective tissue turnover without pushing my blood glucose off track. The idea is to run it for 4–8 weeks, then check IGF-1 labs for my age-matched Z-score and adjust the dose if that's needed.

2. KLOW Stack (Being Added): (BPC-157 / TB-500 / GHK-Cu / KPV). I'm using it for localized repair in particular—angiogenesis, tendon remodeling, and addressing joint inflammation while my body gets used to the heavier lifting loads in CrossFit.

What I'd Like to Ask Everyone:

  • If you've combined Reta with low-dose GH, what did glycemic control and fat oxidation look like for you past the 8-week mark?
  • Regarding the KLOW blend, is your preference to run it continuously alongside baseline GH, or to hold it back for 30-day intervention cycles following heavy lifting blocks?
  • Given my current stats and bloodwork, are there any blind spots or changes you'd suggest?

Thanks for any thoughts or firsthand experience! 🙏🏻
Before you begin HGH, getting IGF-1 checked is likely wise. I regret not doing that myself, since it would have made it simpler to tell whether my current values differed much from my earlier ones. At 0.75iu/day mine sit just under the upper end of normal, yet on 1.5 iu/day they were extremely high — I'm 59yo. It appeared to boost how much waist size came off compared with total body weight, so my guess is it assisted with visceral fat reduction, though I mostly included it as one additional item that could contribute a slight edge in trying to keep off 56% of my body weight.

Is an hb1ac of 4.1 borderline low? (still technically within normal, but below what's typical) So blood sugar increases from HGH probably won't be an issue. At those kinds of doses, the main long-term concern with HGH is a higher diabetes risk. I tried researching low hb1ac — values under 4.5 or 4.0 might be linked to greater mortality — but many factors could make that confounding rather than causal. Mine was 4.5, though I take tirz15/reta7/cagri0.5mg/week, which I'd expect to lower blood sugars considerably.
 
Hey everyone, just a brief update. Today my baseline IGF-1 results came in, so I now have a clear reference point prior to introducing HGH.

The result was 129 ng/mL, with the lab's reference interval listed as 58–219 ng/mL.

What's frustrating is that no Z-score for my age (41) appeared on the report — only the raw value and that broad range. I searched for an online calculator, but the Labcorp tool I came across caps out at age 18.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy site that computes adult Z-scores from age and ng/mL? Or can someone here walk me through the math so I can see precisely where I fall?

If not, I figure I'll just treat 129 as my baseline, start at 1 IU, and retest in eight weeks to see whether it pushes my numbers up or actually brings them down. What would you recommend I do?
 
venkacelnor said:

Hey everyone, just a brief update. Today my baseline IGF-1 results came in, so I now have a clear reference point prior to introducing HGH.

The result was 129 ng/mL, with the lab's reference interval listed as 58–219 ng/mL.

What's frustrating is that no Z-score for my age (41) appeared on the report — only the raw value and that broad range. I searched for an online calculator, but the Labcorp tool I came across caps out at age 18.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy site that computes adult Z-scores from age and ng/mL? Or can someone here walk me through the math so I can see precisely where I fall?

If not, I figure I'll just treat 129 as my baseline, start at 1 IU, and retest in eight weeks to see whether it pushes my numbers up or actually brings them down. What would you recommend I do?
Why not have an AI model run the math? Here's what Gemini came back with:

"Using typical statistical approximations for lab reference intervals, the IGF-1 Z-score works out to -0.24."

That figure holds if the lab gave you the right age-based range, and for a 41 yo male it seems plausible. Is your goal to land in the high-normal zone? Keep us posted on what 1 is does for you.
 
Bioexplorer said:

venkacelnor said:

Hey everyone, just a brief update. Today my baseline IGF-1 results came in, so I now have a clear reference point prior to introducing HGH.

The result was 129 ng/mL, with the lab's reference interval listed as 58–219 ng/mL.

What's frustrating is that no Z-score for my age (41) appeared on the report — only the raw value and that broad range. I searched for an online calculator, but the Labcorp tool I came across caps out at age 18.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy site that computes adult Z-scores from age and ng/mL? Or can someone here walk me through the math so I can see precisely where I fall?

If not, I figure I'll just treat 129 as my baseline, start at 1 IU, and retest in eight weeks to see whether it pushes my numbers up or actually brings them down. What would you recommend I do?
Why not have an AI model run the math? Here's what Gemini came back with:

"Using typical statistical approximations for lab reference intervals, the IGF-1 Z-score works out to -0.24."

That figure holds if the lab gave you the right age-based range, and for a 41 yo male it seems plausible. Is your goal to land in the high-normal zone? Keep us posted on what 1 is does for you.
Appreciate it, man.

I ran that check too. A simple linear estimate lands at -0.24, but adult IGF-1 reference ranges are right-skewed, so once you apply the correct log-transformed math, the true median for my age on this particular assay comes out to roughly 122 ng/mL. That shifts my real Z-score to +0.40.

As for what you asked: yeah, I'm aiming for the high-normal band (+1.0 to +2.0 SD). The primary reason is connective tissue and joint repair, since I'm moving toward heavier lifting in CrossFit.

My plan is to begin at 1 IU per day and re-test after 8 weeks. I'll come back with results then to show whether this dose raises my score or just blunts my natural baseline.
 
Back
Top