Romulusguy
Explorer
During my first several weeks exploring peptides, I relied on Easy Touch insulin needles. After just a handful of shots, the anxiety and anticipation around self-injection disappeared. But it wasn't long before I found that injection pens offered more accurate dosing with no pain at all, so these days I move every reconstituted peptide into 3ml pen vials. The method itself is pretty straightforward if you follow peptidecritic's excellent instructions, though doing it properly and safely does generate some waste. You need one needle to draw up the reconstituted peptides, a vent needle for the fresh pen cartridge vial, and another new needle to push the fluid into the pen vial. After the vial is filled and placed into my pen, I attach a needle and then "purge" the air gap until a few drops come out the needle tip.
Today, I came across these steam sterilized "pre purged" vials: https://www.pen-depot.com/products/...d-3-ml-long-stopper-pen-cartridges-single-use
It sounds logical and like a solid choice, but I'm wondering what everyone thinks about whether contamination could occur from that long open space that will shortly be filled with liquid as the internal plunger descends under pressure. Peptidecritic covers this process and its possible contamination risks in his DIY pre-purge video, however in peptidecritic's video, he is talking about a DIY approach, whereas the vials I'm asking about are sterilized after the pre-purging step.
So my question: with these sterilized, pre purged vials, is the contamination risk higher, lower, or the same as my current approach of using multiple (clean/fresh) needles to vent and transfer into a "non purged" vial? In other words, do these pre-purged sterile vials introduce any extra risk of contaminating the sterile internal environment compared to my current method of filling "non purged" 3ml pen vials? What are your thoughts?
Today, I came across these steam sterilized "pre purged" vials: https://www.pen-depot.com/products/...d-3-ml-long-stopper-pen-cartridges-single-use
It sounds logical and like a solid choice, but I'm wondering what everyone thinks about whether contamination could occur from that long open space that will shortly be filled with liquid as the internal plunger descends under pressure. Peptidecritic covers this process and its possible contamination risks in his DIY pre-purge video, however in peptidecritic's video, he is talking about a DIY approach, whereas the vials I'm asking about are sterilized after the pre-purging step.
So my question: with these sterilized, pre purged vials, is the contamination risk higher, lower, or the same as my current approach of using multiple (clean/fresh) needles to vent and transfer into a "non purged" vial? In other words, do these pre-purged sterile vials introduce any extra risk of contaminating the sterile internal environment compared to my current method of filling "non purged" 3ml pen vials? What are your thoughts?