3D Printed Magnetic Needle Guide for Insulin and GLP-1

When my reading glasses aren't around, aiming the needle into the center of a vial is a real struggle for me... A little shoehorn-style gadget for this would be neat🙂
 
Initially I didn't get the point, but honestly it's a great option for people just starting out. I really wish my mom had access to a tool like this when she began.
 
SupremeZZ said:

Initially I didn't get the point, but honestly it's a great option for people just starting out. I really wish my mom had access to a tool like this when she began.
If this ends up being useful to even 1 person, I'm glad 🙂
 
DjJoshua said:

byefatlicia said:

When my reading glasses aren't around, aiming the needle into the center of a vial is a real struggle for me... A little shoehorn-style gadget for this would be neat🙂
Something along these lines?


https://makerworld.com/en/models/2258788-5ml-syringe-3ml-vial-guide?from=search#profileId-2462369



https://makerworld.com/en/models/778870-hypodermic-syringe-jig?from=search#profileId-715732
Exactly that! Now I need to either track down one that's already up for sale or get myself a 3d printer 🤣🤣
 
byefatlicia said:

DjJoshua said:

byefatlicia said:

When my reading glasses aren't around, aiming the needle into the center of a vial is a real struggle for me... A little shoehorn-style gadget for this would be neat🙂
Something along these lines?


https://makerworld.com/en/models/2258788-5ml-syringe-3ml-vial-guide?from=search#profileId-2462369



https://makerworld.com/en/models/778870-hypodermic-syringe-jig?from=search#profileId-715732
Exactly that! Now I need to either track down one that's already up for sale or get myself a 3d printer 🤣🤣
haha, well then head up from AZ and check out Zion national park.. I'm roughly 30 min away from it and I'll run one off on the printer for you lol...
 
byefatlicia said:

Appreciate the invite🙂 Utah really is gorgeous
As I mentioned in an earlier post, a lot of public libraries have 3D printing available. It costs far less than Etsy, and you can pick it up the next day.
 
yrrdead said:

byefatlicia said:

Appreciate the invite🙂 Utah really is gorgeous
As I mentioned in an earlier post, a lot of public libraries have 3D printing available. It costs far less than Etsy, and you can pick it up the next day.
I've noticed those printers in my area, and thanks to you I went and looked into what it actually takes to get set up. Turns out the one near me might not cost anything to use. The catch is you only get a few hours. Whether that's enough time, I really can't say. This isn't a hobby I've ever gotten into.

My guess is I'd need to find out which machine models they have, compare that against the model that's provided, and then work out some kind of calculation or similar
 
byefatlicia said:

Appreciate the invite🙂 Utah really is gorgeous

Ruckus4519 said:


I've seen the printers around, and you made me go check what's the set up. I think my local one is free to use actually. Limited to only a few hours though. Not sure if that's enough. I haven't really gotten into the hobby.

I assume I'll have to look up the models of their machines and the model provided and do some maths or something

Click to expand...
Head over to youtube and watch a couple of clips about 3D printing and slicer use. That print, since it has no moving parts, ought to finish in roughly 1-2 hours.
 
DjJoshua said:


Jump on youtube and look at a few video on how to 3D print / using slicers etc. That 3d print with out the moving parts should take around 1-2 ish hours to print.

Click to expand...
At this point it's a given — I'll end up buying one. And I can already tell it's going to turn into yet one more thing I can't stop thinking about.
 
byefatlicia said:


I'm gonna hafta get one of these. I already know it. It'll be ANOTHER obsession I'm pretty sure.

Click to expand...
Watch for deals, for example on Amazon. On Amazon I rely on a product tracker; once the price falls into a range I choose, an e-mail lands in my inbox.
 
byefatlicia said:


I'm gonna hafta get one of these. I already know it. It'll be ANOTHER obsession I'm pretty sure.

Click to expand...
Watch out, seriously. Before you know it, you'll have 2 printers running nonstop in the background 24/7, and meanwhile you'll be looking at a third one so you can handle really large-footprint models — plus a closet stuffed with filament in every type and color under the rainbow.

How do I know? Don't ask!!!!
 
byefatlicia said:


I'm gonna hafta get one of these. I already know it. It'll be ANOTHER obsession I'm pretty sure.

Click to expand...
You have NO IDEA .....
 
byefatlicia said:


I'm gonna hafta get one of these. I already know it. It'll be ANOTHER obsession I'm pretty sure.

Click to expand...

Mine arrived around Christmas — that was my first. For pep research I've run off a wide variety of prints, and a few have turned out genuinely useful. The catch is preparing yourself for the mountain of extras you'll soon want sitting on the printer. Every single color! Every filament variety! Every botched print headed for the trash. 😆 🤓
 
chunkyTN said:


Got my first one at Christmas. I've printed all kinds of things for pep research and some are very handy. You just gotta be ready for all the stuff you'll want on top of the printer. ALL the colors! ALL the types of filament! ALL the failed prints you're gonna throw away. 😆 🤓

Click to expand...
What model did you end up getting? And do you still feel good about choosing that particular one?
 
byefatlicia said:


Which one do you have? Are\nYou still happy that that's the one you bought?

Click to expand...

My choice was the Flashforge AD5X, since printing in multiple colors mattered to me. Up to now, it has been great. Most of the failed prints came down to cheap silk filament. That stuff snaps without much force, and after that the print head has to be taken apart to clear the stuck piece.
 
Back
Top