150 days, 50lbs down

ladyj779

Explorer
Joined
Mar 12, 2026
Messages
291
Reaction score
0
Location
NOVA
Tirz was started by me on Jan 23, 2026. My starting weight is a mystery, but on Feb 15, when I finally got on the scale, it was 242.4.

150 days on Tirz are now complete...in April I added Reta. The scale showed 192.4, which is exactly 50lbs in 150 days.

[[Q1]] Losing weight has always demanded almost complete attention, at the expense of many other areas of life, while gaining is effortless. With glp, it is not all-consuming, nor does it drain me physically, intellectually, and emotionally.

All the same, I am taking my kid to the water park today, and I will definitely float down the lazy river.
 
It blows my mind when someone's weight creeps up just 2 or 3 pounds annually. As a teacher, I can pack on 30-40lbs between September and June, then burn my summer vacation fixated on shedding 10 pounds each month. Again and again and again. Finding something that actually works has been such a relief. Being able to drop weight while school was in session, without that constant fixation, made me better at teaching, better at parenting, better at everything else I could actually show up for because my brain wasn't consumed by weight loss 24/7.
 
BigDaddyJ said:

Well done!!!! That's a huge win!!! I hope my own journey turns out just as successfully..
Speaking as a perimenopausal woman, I'd guess your results could turn out even stronger than mine!
 
Nice work!! Prednisone caused me to put on weight, and Reta helped me shed 70 pounds. Once I hit my athletic goal weight, I lowered the Reta dose. And wouldn't you know it, the scale is creeping up somewhat even though what I eat hasn't changed. Staying on it might be necessary for me to hold my weight. Pred is the devil himself.
 
cujet said:

Nice work!! Prednisone caused me to put on weight, and Reta helped me shed 70 pounds. Once I hit my athletic goal weight, I lowered the Reta dose. And wouldn't you know it, the scale is creeping up somewhat even though what I eat hasn't changed. Staying on it might be necessary for me to hold my weight. Pred is the devil himself.
Nope, stopping these meds—or improved versions of them—isn't something I plan to do. I fall into that "healthy" fat category where all the numbers look "fine," even though something metabolic was obviously off the whole time.
 
ladyj779 said:

BigDaddyJ said:

Well done!!!! That's a huge win!!! I hope my own journey turns out just as successfully..
Speaking as a perimenopausal woman, I'd guess your results could turn out even stronger than mine!
My wife says I'm dealing with Manopause, which is also peri. So this trip ought to be interesting!!!
 
ladyj779 said:

Tirz was started by me on Jan 23, 2026. My starting weight is a mystery, but on Feb 15, when I finally got on the scale, it was 242.4.

150 days on Tirz are now complete...in April I added Reta. The scale showed 192.4, which is exactly 50lbs in 150 days.

[[Q1]] Losing weight has always demanded almost complete attention, at the expense of many other areas of life, while gaining is effortless. With glp, it is not all-consuming, nor does it drain me physically, intellectually, and emotionally.

All the same, I am taking my kid to the water park today, and I will definitely float down the lazy river.

d641a47af94197e03d49af01d677276e5fe1cc73b8f27be23fc52b8c56b3261c.gif
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Great job!!! You must feel amazing.
Sure, that's true—but those circa 2012 Tailored Sportsman breeches I picked up second hand and only pulled out today are still about 15 pounds from fitting. Same goes for my Miss Me jeans with the rhinestone on the back 😂😂😂😂
 
YES!!!! Amazing! I'm so glad it's become less of a struggle for you. That's a huge win, and I bet you're feeling both lighter and better. Your pre-GLP loss of 10lb/mo each month was already impressive, but it's great that you can now achieve it without the stress and constant focus.

Also, a big cheer for educators, both past and present, in this space! (I'm currently on summer break and need to find a way to replace the 4-5K steps I normally get at school, because I'm an introverted hermit and it's extremely hot outside. Looks like I'll have to make room for my old-school NordicTrak! Everyone stay safe in these heat waves!)
 
ladyj779 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Great job!!! You must feel amazing.
Sure, that's true—but those circa 2012 Tailored Sportsman breeches I picked up second hand and only pulled out today are still about 15 pounds from fitting. Same goes for my Miss Me jeans with the rhinestone on the back 😂😂😂😂
27c72dafa6e8d63a65169f495850578f238458af43e8b2c22936959ef2c4b9a2.webp


74d4f69a30344a0a39246cd53cdd06d94426821668721ec29a40ce7b81e3898d.webp


10 months on, here I am
 
Back
Top