10k steps from day job

detking

Explorer
Joined
Jan 25, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Tennessee
My day job makes hitting 10k steps much easier. At this point I've dropped cardio at the gym entirely lol



28ff913e49da77afa369a3fe9f855e0dc2f251410e55f22c2fd3fa4b6ea42db3.webp
 
Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.

I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.

As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out 🤣.
 
Grogu said:

Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.

I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.

As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out 🤣.

You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
 
Calm Logic said:

Grogu said:

Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.

I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.

As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out 🤣.

You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.
 
igottapee said:

Calm Logic said:

Grogu said:

Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.

I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.

As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out 🤣.

You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.
Nahhhhhhh, 25k in a day is crazy, what kind of place were you working at? I put in 12 hours a day and only hit close to 20k
 
detking said:

igottapee said:

Calm Logic said:

Grogu said:

Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.

I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.

As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out 🤣.

You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.
Nahhhhhhh, 25k in a day is crazy, what kind of place were you working at? I put in 12 hours a day and only hit close to 20k
From 25k down to country driving, my guess is a mail carrier who moved to a rural route.
 
detking said:

igottapee said:

Calm Logic said:

Grogu said:

Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.

I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.

As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out 🤣.

You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.
Nahhhhhhh, 25k in a day is crazy, what kind of place were you working at? I put in 12 hours a day and only hit close to 20k

Foggy-Hollow said:

detking said:

igottapee said:

Calm Logic said:

Grogu said:

Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.

I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.

As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out 🤣.

You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.
Nahhhhhhh, 25k in a day is crazy, what kind of place were you working at? I put in 12 hours a day and only hit close to 20k
From 25k down to country driving, my guess is a mail carrier who moved to a rural route.
I'm behind the wheel of that large brown truck. It came up in an earlier post, lol.

People delivering mail likely hit twice that amount.
 
Back
Top