Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Grogu said:
Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.
I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.
As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out.
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.Calm Logic said:
Grogu said:
Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.
I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.
As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out.
You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
Nahhhhhhh, 25k in a day is crazy, what kind of place were you working at? I put in 12 hours a day and only hit close to 20kigottapee said:
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.Calm Logic said:
Grogu said:
Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.
I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.
As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out.
You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
From 25k down to country driving, my guess is a mail carrier who moved to a rural route.detking said:
Nahhhhhhh, 25k in a day is crazy, what kind of place were you working at? I put in 12 hours a day and only hit close to 20kigottapee said:
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.Calm Logic said:
Grogu said:
Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.
I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.
As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out.
You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
detking said:
Nahhhhhhh, 25k in a day is crazy, what kind of place were you working at? I put in 12 hours a day and only hit close to 20kigottapee said:
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.Calm Logic said:
Grogu said:
Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.
I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.
As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out.
You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.
I'm behind the wheel of that large brown truck. It came up in an earlier post, lol.Foggy-Hollow said:
From 25k down to country driving, my guess is a mail carrier who moved to a rural route.detking said:
Nahhhhhhh, 25k in a day is crazy, what kind of place were you working at? I put in 12 hours a day and only hit close to 20kigottapee said:
At my peak, I hit 25K steps daily. Both of my knees were replaced 3 years back. These days I'm driving out in the countryside and averaging just 11.5K per week.Calm Logic said:
Grogu said:
Nice work! Sounds like you've found a setup where both sides come out ahead.
I've caught myself thinking that if I worked for UPS, I could probably eat without watching portions and still keep my weight in check, given how much walking and lifting the job involves. Whether my body would hold up for a full shift is another question... maybe if I were 30 years younger.
As for me, my day job keeps me stuck in a chair staring at a computer screen for most of the day. When I travel (typically 2 days per week) my step count climbs quite a bit, but the wine I have at the airport lounge cancels that out.
You could pick up a side gig loading trucks before dawn, haha. I did consider it myself, but I heard too many UPSers talking about their knees hurting and similar issues.