10 ML Vial: Is It Safe to Introduce Additional BAC for Dilution?

Whiynot20026

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
I’ve got a Tirzep vial that came from a telehealth compounder and it’s 2 months old. The vial is still in good condition and hasn’t been used at all. What I’d like to do is add BAC so that it becomes diluted down by a ML. Is there any danger in doing that? From the faithful I understand it’s already 2 months old. That part doesn’t worry me. I just need to know whether I can dilute it down at the time I’m ready to use it.

Bill
 
Even though this looks like it wouldn't cause problems, giving advice isn't something I'm qualified to do, and there could be factors I don't know about.

One thing I'd wonder about: since Tirz can be dosed at quite small amounts... what's the reason for diluting instead of simply changing the dose?
 
I might have phrased that poorly. What I'm after is pinning a 1 for 1 mg. Right now the bottle is at 2 to 1. I figured a bit more BAC might help it stay stable. Or is that just a dumb idea. I'll assume it's the latter.

Bill
 
You're not dumb, but I'm really lost here.

So are you telling me it's 10mg per 1ml of bac?

And you're thinking about putting in another ml? What's written on the vial?
 
20mg strength is no problem. What worries me more is the timeframe you'll be drawing from that 60mg vial if each dose is just 2mg.

I wouldn't water it down. The only reason is that I can't see the point. Every time you mess with a vial, you run the risk of introducing contamination.
 
Here you go. My mistake on the mix-up.

Gr33dyOctopus said:

20mg strength is no problem. What worries me more is the timeframe you'll be drawing from that 60mg vial if each dose is just 2mg.

I wouldn't water it down. The only reason is that I can't see the point. Every time you mess with a vial, you run the risk of introducing contamination.
That matches my own thinking. As someone still new to this, I figured a small amount of new BAC might help it stay stable. Still, you’re correct. With these valuable vials, keeping it minimal is better.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Here you go. My mistake on the mix-up.

Gr33dyOctopus said:

20mg strength is no problem. What worries me more is the timeframe you'll be drawing from that 60mg vial if each dose is just 2mg.

I wouldn't water it down. The only reason is that I can't see the point. Every time you mess with a vial, you run the risk of introducing contamination.
That matches my own thinking. As someone still new to this, I figured a small amount of new BAC might help it stay stable. Still, you’re correct. With these valuable vials, keeping it minimal is better.

Bill
As long as it stays refrigerated, and every needle that goes into the vial is sterile and used only 1 time on you, you're good. Before each use, hold the vial up to a light and check for anything growing inside. No problems will come of it. Nice score on that huge bottle—it should cover you for roughly 1 million years. 😅
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Here you go. My mistake on the mix-up.

Gr33dyOctopus said:

20mg strength is no problem. What worries me more is the timeframe you'll be drawing from that 60mg vial if each dose is just 2mg.

I wouldn't water it down. The only reason is that I can't see the point. Every time you mess with a vial, you run the risk of introducing contamination.
That matches my own thinking. As someone still new to this, I figured a small amount of new BAC might help it stay stable. Still, you’re correct. With these valuable vials, keeping it minimal is better.

Bill
As long as it stays refrigerated, and every needle that goes into the vial is sterile and used only 1 time on you, you're good. Before each use, hold the vial up to a light and check for anything growing inside. No problems will come of it. Nice score on that huge bottle—it should cover you for roughly 1 million years. 😅
A lot of us got our start through compounders, right? Someone I know who was clueless sent me to this particular compounder. I've come across folks who believe one vial can last as long as 6 months when stored right. Still, if I just tossed the whole thing, that wouldn't bother me either. It's just that I dislike wasting something that might still be usable without risk. I appreciate all the advice and info from everyone.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Here you go. My mistake on the mix-up.

Gr33dyOctopus said:

20mg strength is no problem. What worries me more is the timeframe you'll be drawing from that 60mg vial if each dose is just 2mg.

I wouldn't water it down. The only reason is that I can't see the point. Every time you mess with a vial, you run the risk of introducing contamination.
That matches my own thinking. As someone still new to this, I figured a small amount of new BAC might help it stay stable. Still, you’re correct. With these valuable vials, keeping it minimal is better.

Bill
As long as it stays refrigerated, and every needle that goes into the vial is sterile and used only 1 time on you, you're good. Before each use, hold the vial up to a light and check for anything growing inside. No problems will come of it. Nice score on that huge bottle—it should cover you for roughly 1 million years. 😅
A lot of us got our start through compounders, right? Someone I know who was clueless sent me to this particular compounder. I've come across folks who believe one vial can last as long as 6 months when stored right. Still, if I just tossed the whole thing, that wouldn't bother me either. It's just that I dislike wasting something that might still be usable without risk. I appreciate all the advice and info from everyone.

Bill
What kind of combination is that supposed to be? If it were up to me, I'd throw it away. How many vials are you sitting on?
 
BNLFL said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Here you go. My mistake on the mix-up.

Gr33dyOctopus said:

20mg strength is no problem. What worries me more is the timeframe you'll be drawing from that 60mg vial if each dose is just 2mg.

I wouldn't water it down. The only reason is that I can't see the point. Every time you mess with a vial, you run the risk of introducing contamination.
That matches my own thinking. As someone still new to this, I figured a small amount of new BAC might help it stay stable. Still, you’re correct. With these valuable vials, keeping it minimal is better.

Bill
As long as it stays refrigerated, and every needle that goes into the vial is sterile and used only 1 time on you, you're good. Before each use, hold the vial up to a light and check for anything growing inside. No problems will come of it. Nice score on that huge bottle—it should cover you for roughly 1 million years. 😅
A lot of us got our start through compounders, right? Someone I know who was clueless sent me to this particular compounder. I've come across folks who believe one vial can last as long as 6 months when stored right. Still, if I just tossed the whole thing, that wouldn't bother me either. It's just that I dislike wasting something that might still be usable without risk. I appreciate all the advice and info from everyone.

Bill
What kind of combination is that supposed to be? If it were up to me, I'd throw it away. How many vials are you sitting on?
I only have that 1 vial, and I don't need it. I'm too embarrassed to say how much it cost me.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

BNLFL said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Here you go. My mistake on the mix-up.

Gr33dyOctopus said:

20mg strength is no problem. What worries me more is the timeframe you'll be drawing from that 60mg vial if each dose is just 2mg.

I wouldn't water it down. The only reason is that I can't see the point. Every time you mess with a vial, you run the risk of introducing contamination.
That matches my own thinking. As someone still new to this, I figured a small amount of new BAC might help it stay stable. Still, you’re correct. With these valuable vials, keeping it minimal is better.

Bill
As long as it stays refrigerated, and every needle that goes into the vial is sterile and used only 1 time on you, you're good. Before each use, hold the vial up to a light and check for anything growing inside. No problems will come of it. Nice score on that huge bottle—it should cover you for roughly 1 million years. 😅
A lot of us got our start through compounders, right? Someone I know who was clueless sent me to this particular compounder. I've come across folks who believe one vial can last as long as 6 months when stored right. Still, if I just tossed the whole thing, that wouldn't bother me either. It's just that I dislike wasting something that might still be usable without risk. I appreciate all the advice and info from everyone.

Bill
What kind of combination is that supposed to be? If it were up to me, I'd throw it away. How many vials are you sitting on?
I only have that 1 vial, and I don't need it. I'm too embarrassed to say how much it cost me.

Bill
One option is to pick up .5ml syringes, since the .10 ml graduation is much easier to read on them.

For HCG, I reach for the small ones.

AMAZON LINK FOR SYRINGES
 
I understand the goal is to simplify unit calculations. But couldn't you just work it out a single time and jot it down - no 😛? Or is your dosage frequently changing?

I'd simply recalculate for a dose and note it. Stick a small label on the vial.
 
Skidude said:

Whiynot20026 said:

BNLFL said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Here you go. My mistake on the mix-up.

Gr33dyOctopus said:

20mg strength is no problem. What worries me more is the timeframe you'll be drawing from that 60mg vial if each dose is just 2mg.

I wouldn't water it down. The only reason is that I can't see the point. Every time you mess with a vial, you run the risk of introducing contamination.
That matches my own thinking. As someone still new to this, I figured a small amount of new BAC might help it stay stable. Still, you’re correct. With these valuable vials, keeping it minimal is better.

Bill
As long as it stays refrigerated, and every needle that goes into the vial is sterile and used only 1 time on you, you're good. Before each use, hold the vial up to a light and check for anything growing inside. No problems will come of it. Nice score on that huge bottle—it should cover you for roughly 1 million years. 😅
A lot of us got our start through compounders, right? Someone I know who was clueless sent me to this particular compounder. I've come across folks who believe one vial can last as long as 6 months when stored right. Still, if I just tossed the whole thing, that wouldn't bother me either. It's just that I dislike wasting something that might still be usable without risk. I appreciate all the advice and info from everyone.

Bill
What kind of combination is that supposed to be? If it were up to me, I'd throw it away. How many vials are you sitting on?
I only have that 1 vial, and I don't need it. I'm too embarrassed to say how much it cost me.

Bill
One option is to pick up .5ml syringes, since the .10 ml graduation is much easier to read on them.

For HCG, I reach for the small ones.

AMAZON LINK FOR SYRINGES
Alternatively, the .3ml.
 
Back
Top