Zepbound triggering an allergic reaction

John316

Explorer
Joined
Oct 4, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
US-NC
My wife had been using the 5mg Zepbound pen. After her doctor moved her up to 7.5mg, she developed itching across her whole body along with irritation at the injection site.

The doctor has now put her back on 5mg. In a few days she'll inject again, and we'll find out whether that solves it.

She reacts badly to every berry and mushroom, so it's possible the Tirz peptide is involved somehow. Maybe her body will get used to it over time and she'll be able to raise the dose later on.

Then again, it could just be a bad batch from the manufacturer.
 
Wishing your wife well. I hope the reaction wasn’t severe. I’ve come across other posts where reactions happen at various points in people’s journeys. A few turn to OTC items for relief from itching and irritation. If it’s a serious reaction, that’s another matter. Many people increase by smaller steps, for example 5mg to 6mg. With the pen, that might not be possible.
 
Thanks. Her doctor did suggest Benadryl for the itching. Nothing life-threatening, thankfully.
 
Injection site reactions aren't something I've experienced, though itching and skin irritation are issues I do contend with. It's an annoyance rather than something unbearable, and in my view it may be a moderate trade-off for what the medication gives me.
 
Back
Top