Zepbound linked to TSH increase

lastresort

Explorer
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
439
Reaction score
0
Location
NorthEast US
For a 6-month stretch last year I used zepbound, and my TSH climbed from 4.2 back up to 13 during that period.



From what I've seen posted here and heard from others, that kind of jump doesn't seem typical. Any idea what might explain it?
 
lastresort said:

For a 6-month stretch last year I used zepbound, and my TSH climbed from 4.2 back up to 13 during that period.



From what I've seen posted here and heard from others, that kind of jump doesn't seem typical. Any idea what might explain it?
When I went in for my 3-month check, my results looked the same. I told my doctor that until we run another test—scheduled for August—I won't discuss medication with him at all. Since I have zero symptoms, I have good reason to question that number. Did you ever have yours tested again?
 
lastresort said:

For a 6-month stretch last year I used zepbound, and my TSH climbed from 4.2 back up to 13 during that period.



From what I've seen posted here and heard from others, that kind of jump doesn't seem typical. Any idea what might explain it?

What I think is going on: because tirzepatide delays how quickly the stomach empties, my Synthroid/Levo probably needs to be taken at least 60 min ahead of eating rather than the 30 min I had been using, so that it gets absorbed as well as possible.
 
Back
Top