Bellemorte1979
Explorer
Hi everyone! I'm hoping to hear some useful perspectives. Apologies in advance for the lengthy post.
To make a very long story short: I switched from Wegovy over to Zep in December 2025. The dose was raised gradually. Up until late March I was pretty much just holding onto the small amount of weight I'd already dropped, and then a big chunk came off once I moved to 7.5. After that, at the end of April, I began 10 MG. Wow. It has not gone well. Awful stomach and gas problems, a strong aversion to food, diarrhea (sorry for the TMI lol). I spent most of May traveling for work. Unfortunately, even these past two weeks at home, while trying to stick to my usual boring diet of nutritious foods (lots of fiber and protein), I'm still dealing with every kind of problem. I've gone through all the genuine, real tricks. I don't eat anything if I'll be in bed within 4 hours. The gas problems are still terrible every morning. I'm down to 1 or no fizzy drinks per day. I mean, I never had more than 2 anyway, and that was extremely rare, but I've made that change. Every so often I feel nauseous, though mostly it's been awful gas (pain, bloating) plus a really strong food aversion. I gave Gas-x a try and it helps sometimes. Last year on Wegovy I did get strong, STRONG food aversion as my doses went up, so we switched to Zep hoping it would be less severe. This may be worse. On the occasions I can eat, I know normal digestion is rare for me, so wanting to eat has been really difficult. If I were anywhere near a goal, I might quit. I'm still 90-100 lbs away from being under 200. I can't stop now. Does anybody have ideas? I was still losing at 7.5. Would going lower create problems? Back when I quit a high Wegovy dose and moved to a low Zep dose, I had serious food noise problems and felt non-stop hungry the whole time. Would you just push through and hope?
Thanks for any advice.
To make a very long story short: I switched from Wegovy over to Zep in December 2025. The dose was raised gradually. Up until late March I was pretty much just holding onto the small amount of weight I'd already dropped, and then a big chunk came off once I moved to 7.5. After that, at the end of April, I began 10 MG. Wow. It has not gone well. Awful stomach and gas problems, a strong aversion to food, diarrhea (sorry for the TMI lol). I spent most of May traveling for work. Unfortunately, even these past two weeks at home, while trying to stick to my usual boring diet of nutritious foods (lots of fiber and protein), I'm still dealing with every kind of problem. I've gone through all the genuine, real tricks. I don't eat anything if I'll be in bed within 4 hours. The gas problems are still terrible every morning. I'm down to 1 or no fizzy drinks per day. I mean, I never had more than 2 anyway, and that was extremely rare, but I've made that change. Every so often I feel nauseous, though mostly it's been awful gas (pain, bloating) plus a really strong food aversion. I gave Gas-x a try and it helps sometimes. Last year on Wegovy I did get strong, STRONG food aversion as my doses went up, so we switched to Zep hoping it would be less severe. This may be worse. On the occasions I can eat, I know normal digestion is rare for me, so wanting to eat has been really difficult. If I were anywhere near a goal, I might quit. I'm still 90-100 lbs away from being under 200. I can't stop now. Does anybody have ideas? I was still losing at 7.5. Would going lower create problems? Back when I quit a high Wegovy dose and moved to a low Zep dose, I had serious food noise problems and felt non-stop hungry the whole time. Would you just push through and hope?
Thanks for any advice.