Zengo

NeedGLP4life

Explorer
Joined
Jul 7, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Dublin Ireland
Anyone here using Zengo for a wallet?

Someone told me it's a good option for someone just starting out.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used it — what's your take?
 
Phantom, Rabby, Metamask, Base, or Exodus.

That's the sequence I'd give to newcomers. As someone who's been in crypto for quite some time, Zengo has never once crossed my radar.
 
ultima thule said:

kugelblitz said:

ultima thule said:

What's the reason to avoid exodus? It's the most widely used, dependable, and straightforward option....
New users can no longer access web3 through Exodus.


https://www.exodus.com/support/en/articles/8598986-web3-browser-in-exodus-mobile
Oh, I wasn't aware of that... that's unfortunate.
I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. I went ahead and got exodus installed.. now I just need to come up with a password I won't forget!
 
Alright, now I've got some things I need to ask. When it comes to the vendors on here, is Phantom an option with all of them, or just some? On cost, does it land on the low end, the high end, or somewhere in between? Crypto is not my strong suit at all, and the 2 vendors I went through with paypal ended up letting me down. I really need to wrap my head around how this crypto stuff works. Something beginner-friendly sounds like exactly what I'm after.
 
Lovedog100 said:

Alright, now I've got some things I need to ask. When it comes to the vendors on here, is Phantom an option with all of them, or just some? On cost, does it land on the low end, the high end, or somewhere in between? Crypto is not my strong suit at all, and the 2 vendors I went through with paypal ended up letting me down. I really need to wrap my head around how this crypto stuff works. Something beginner-friendly sounds like exactly what I'm after.
I'm also brand new to this, so I'll attempt a plain-language walkthrough and I hope someone will step in if I get something wrong. A while back I already had a Coinbase account because I was curious how simple buying bitcoin would be. Setting up the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could move money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was also really straightforward.

Here's what I'm piecing together for this process:

step 1) create an account that can hold crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) put money into that account

Step 3) use it to buy a stable coin (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" most of these transactions need (I think)

Step 5) set up a Phantom or exodus account (this is where you'll move the money to, acting as a middleman, so your transaction stays safe from legalities?)

Step 6) move the funds from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people recommend sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.
 
bamagirl26 said:

Lovedog100 said:

Alright, now I've got some things I need to ask. When it comes to the vendors on here, is Phantom an option with all of them, or just some? On cost, does it land on the low end, the high end, or somewhere in between? Crypto is not my strong suit at all, and the 2 vendors I went through with paypal ended up letting me down. I really need to wrap my head around how this crypto stuff works. Something beginner-friendly sounds like exactly what I'm after.
I'm also brand new to this, so I'll attempt a plain-language walkthrough and I hope someone will step in if I get something wrong. A while back I already had a Coinbase account because I was curious how simple buying bitcoin would be. Setting up the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could move money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was also really straightforward.

Here's what I'm piecing together for this process:

step 1) create an account that can hold crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) put money into that account

Step 3) use it to buy a stable coin (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" most of these transactions need (I think)

Step 5) set up a Phantom or exodus account (this is where you'll move the money to, acting as a middleman, so your transaction stays safe from legalities?)

Step 6) move the funds from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people recommend sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.
Wow, your explanation was so straightforward and simple to follow. I had been reading a few other threads, and each person seemed to be describing something different. It's surprising to me that so many don't simply go with the simple, secure option. Trying to keep up with everything left me really lost.
 
Lovedog100 said:

bamagirl26 said:

Lovedog100 said:

Alright, now I've got some things I need to ask. When it comes to the vendors on here, is Phantom an option with all of them, or just some? On cost, does it land on the low end, the high end, or somewhere in between? Crypto is not my strong suit at all, and the 2 vendors I went through with paypal ended up letting me down. I really need to wrap my head around how this crypto stuff works. Something beginner-friendly sounds like exactly what I'm after.
I'm also brand new to this, so I'll attempt a plain-language walkthrough and I hope someone will step in if I get something wrong. A while back I already had a Coinbase account because I was curious how simple buying bitcoin would be. Setting up the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could move money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was also really straightforward.

Here's what I'm piecing together for this process:

step 1) create an account that can hold crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) put money into that account

Step 3) use it to buy a stable coin (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" most of these transactions need (I think)

Step 5) set up a Phantom or exodus account (this is where you'll move the money to, acting as a middleman, so your transaction stays safe from legalities?)

Step 6) move the funds from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people recommend sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.
Wow, your explanation was so straightforward and simple to follow. I had been reading a few other threads, and each person seemed to be describing something different. It's surprising to me that so many don't simply go with the simple, secure option. Trying to keep up with everything left me really lost.
Awwww! Fingers crossed that I'm correct, but I believe I've got it!
 
Lovedog100 said:

bamagirl26 said:

Lovedog100 said:

Alright, now I've got some things I need to ask. When it comes to the vendors on here, is Phantom an option with all of them, or just some? On cost, does it land on the low end, the high end, or somewhere in between? Crypto is not my strong suit at all, and the 2 vendors I went through with paypal ended up letting me down. I really need to wrap my head around how this crypto stuff works. Something beginner-friendly sounds like exactly what I'm after.
I'm also brand new to this, so I'll attempt a plain-language walkthrough and I hope someone will step in if I get something wrong. A while back I already had a Coinbase account because I was curious how simple buying bitcoin would be. Setting up the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could move money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was also really straightforward.

Here's what I'm piecing together for this process:

step 1) create an account that can hold crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) put money into that account

Step 3) use it to buy a stable coin (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" most of these transactions need (I think)

Step 5) set up a Phantom or exodus account (this is where you'll move the money to, acting as a middleman, so your transaction stays safe from legalities?)

Step 6) move the funds from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people recommend sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.
Wow, your explanation was so straightforward and simple to follow. I had been reading a few other threads, and each person seemed to be describing something different. It's surprising to me that so many don't simply go with the simple, secure option. Trying to keep up with everything left me really lost.
my confidence is building a bit.

Earlier today, I moved money from PayPal over to Coinbase, where I picked up USDC (a stablecoin tied to the US dollar). After that, I spent $15 on Solana to cover gas.

What made the real difference was signing up for Discord (a social platform) — annoying process, but I stuck with it — and then joining the server of the vendor I want to buy from (the link was listed in this forum's vendor area). Once inside, I got answers to a few remaining questions about the "middleman wallet," and I settled on Exodus. I'll be updating my earlier post with these details.
 
I'm also just starting out, so I'll attempt to break this down in simple terms and hope someone jumps in if I get something wrong. I already had a Coinbase account simply because I'd been curious about how simple buying bitcoin was some time ago. Opening the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could get money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was a breeze.

From what I'm piecing together for this whole process:

step 1) set up an account that supports crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) Move funds into that account from your bank or PayPal

Step 3) Purchase a stable coin within it (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) Purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" that most of these transactions need in order to send

Step 5) Set up a Phantom or Exodus account (this serves as the middleman where you'll shift the money to, so your transaction stays clear of legal issues?)

Step 6) move the money from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

( Personal experience)

I opened Exodus and didn't even have to make an account, it just created a wallet on its own

  • hit receive USDC (and there was a dropdown for Sol- which my merchant prefers), that gave me a copyable link.
  • went over to Coinbase, clicked pay and then pasted that. Now I've got TWO DOLLARS sitting in a wallet and will hopefully send that to the vendor once I receive some kind of payment code
Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people suggest sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.

 
bamagirl26 said:

ultima thule said:

kugelblitz said:

ultima thule said:

What's the reason to avoid exodus? It's the most widely used, dependable, and straightforward option....
New users can no longer access web3 through Exodus.


https://www.exodus.com/support/en/articles/8598986-web3-browser-in-exodus-mobile
Oh, I wasn't aware of that... that's unfortunate.
I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. I went ahead and got exodus installed.. now I just need to come up with a password I won't forget!
Pick a line from a song!
 
bamagirl26 said:

I'm also just starting out, so I'll attempt to break this down in simple terms and hope someone jumps in if I get something wrong. I already had a Coinbase account simply because I'd been curious about how simple buying bitcoin was some time ago. Opening the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could get money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was a breeze.

From what I'm piecing together for this whole process:

step 1) set up an account that supports crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) Move funds into that account from your bank or PayPal

Step 3) Purchase a stable coin within it (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) Purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" that most of these transactions need in order to send

Step 5) Set up a Phantom or Exodus account (this serves as the middleman where you'll shift the money to, so your transaction stays clear of legal issues?)

Step 6) move the money from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

( Personal experience)

I opened Exodus and didn't even have to make an account, it just created a wallet on its own

  • hit receive USDC (and there was a dropdown for Sol- which my merchant prefers), that gave me a copyable link.
  • went over to Coinbase, clicked pay and then pasted that. Now I've got TWO DOLLARS sitting in a wallet and will hopefully send that to the vendor once I receive some kind of payment code
Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people suggest sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.

I appreciate you posting this. I'll attempt to stick to those steps, and with any luck it'll be successful for me too!! 🤞
 
Good-Heart6425 said:

bamagirl26 said:

ultima thule said:

kugelblitz said:

ultima thule said:

What's the reason to avoid exodus? It's the most widely used, dependable, and straightforward option....
New users can no longer access web3 through Exodus.


https://www.exodus.com/support/en/articles/8598986-web3-browser-in-exodus-mobile
Oh, I wasn't aware of that... that's unfortunate.
I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. I went ahead and got exodus installed.. now I just need to come up with a password I won't forget!
Pick a line from a song!
I guess calling it Exodus Movement of jah people would be way too on the nose LOL
 
IssyAssaySissa said:

bamagirl26 said:

I'm also just starting out, so I'll attempt to break this down in simple terms and hope someone jumps in if I get something wrong. I already had a Coinbase account simply because I'd been curious about how simple buying bitcoin was some time ago. Opening the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could get money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was a breeze.

From what I'm piecing together for this whole process:

step 1) set up an account that supports crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) Move funds into that account from your bank or PayPal

Step 3) Purchase a stable coin within it (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) Purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" that most of these transactions need in order to send

Step 5) Set up a Phantom or Exodus account (this serves as the middleman where you'll shift the money to, so your transaction stays clear of legal issues?)

Step 6) move the money from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

( Personal experience)

I opened Exodus and didn't even have to make an account, it just created a wallet on its own

  • hit receive USDC (and there was a dropdown for Sol- which my merchant prefers), that gave me a copyable link.
  • went over to Coinbase, clicked pay and then pasted that. Now I've got TWO DOLLARS sitting in a wallet and will hopefully send that to the vendor once I receive some kind of payment code
Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people suggest sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.

I appreciate you posting this. I'll attempt to stick to those steps, and with any luck it'll be successful for me too!! 🤞
Wishing you the best of luck!! For me, handling everything through my phone made it easier to navigate. Feel free to reach out if anything comes up. With exodus, once you hit receive (then pick the currency you plan to use- I went with USDC SOL, and from what I can tell that's a pretty typical choice) a code gets generated for you to copy, and that same code is what you'll paste back in Coinbase when you SEND the funds over to your exodus wallet.
 
IssyAssaySissa said:

bamagirl26 said:

I'm also just starting out, so I'll attempt to break this down in simple terms and hope someone jumps in if I get something wrong. I already had a Coinbase account simply because I'd been curious about how simple buying bitcoin was some time ago. Opening the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could get money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was a breeze.

From what I'm piecing together for this whole process:

step 1) set up an account that supports crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) Move funds into that account from your bank or PayPal

Step 3) Purchase a stable coin within it (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) Purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" that most of these transactions need in order to send

Step 5) Set up a Phantom or Exodus account (this serves as the middleman where you'll shift the money to, so your transaction stays clear of legal issues?)

Step 6) move the money from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

( Personal experience)

I opened Exodus and didn't even have to make an account, it just created a wallet on its own

  • hit receive USDC (and there was a dropdown for Sol- which my merchant prefers), that gave me a copyable link.
  • went over to Coinbase, clicked pay and then pasted that. Now I've got TWO DOLLARS sitting in a wallet and will hopefully send that to the vendor once I receive some kind of payment code
Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people suggest sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.

I appreciate you posting this. I'll attempt to stick to those steps, and with any luck it'll be successful for me too!! 🤞
I put together a guide that goes into more detail.
 
bamagirl26 said:

IssyAssaySissa said:

bamagirl26 said:

I'm also just starting out, so I'll attempt to break this down in simple terms and hope someone jumps in if I get something wrong. I already had a Coinbase account simply because I'd been curious about how simple buying bitcoin was some time ago. Opening the account was really straightforward, and I connected it to PayPal so I could get money INTO the account, after which purchasing Bitcoin was a breeze.

From what I'm piecing together for this whole process:

step 1) set up an account that supports crypto (Coinbase, Kraken)

step 2) Move funds into that account from your bank or PayPal

Step 3) Purchase a stable coin within it (USDT, USDC)

Step 4) Purchase "gas" which I'm assuming handles the transaction fees, so roughly 15 bucks of ETH and 15 of Sol, since those appear to be the "gas" that most of these transactions need in order to send

Step 5) Set up a Phantom or Exodus account (this serves as the middleman where you'll shift the money to, so your transaction stays clear of legal issues?)

Step 6) move the money from your selected Crypto account over to your selected Middleman account

( Personal experience)

I opened Exodus and didn't even have to make an account, it just created a wallet on its own

  • hit receive USDC (and there was a dropdown for Sol- which my merchant prefers), that gave me a copyable link.
  • went over to Coinbase, clicked pay and then pasted that. Now I've got TWO DOLLARS sitting in a wallet and will hopefully send that to the vendor once I receive some kind of payment code
Step 7) Pay the Vendor, and a lot of people suggest sending a very small amount first just to confirm you've got the transaction right.

I appreciate you posting this. I'll attempt to stick to those steps, and with any luck it'll be successful for me too!! 🤞
Wishing you the best of luck!! For me, handling everything through my phone made it easier to navigate. Feel free to reach out if anything comes up. With exodus, once you hit receive (then pick the currency you plan to use- I went with USDC SOL, and from what I can tell that's a pretty typical choice) a code gets generated for you to copy, and that same code is what you'll paste back in Coinbase when you SEND the funds over to your exodus wallet.
That did the trick perfectly! Appreciate it once more. Any luck working out a way to put it in plain beginner language so we know how to check test results after the kits show up?
 
Back
Top