You're Using MOTS-c WRONG — Here's What Actually Works (Dr. Explains)

Honestly, this shifted how I think about timing my doses. My routine has been MOTS *3 on days I train, but now I plan to move it to the days I don't train. The difference is likely tiny and may not matter much at all, yet if you can fine-tune something without any downside, it seems worth doing.
 
johnny01 said:

Has anyone in this community actually noticed better performance once they started mots c?
For sure, though in my case I go hard in training and frequently push into overtraining territory — not implying that you don't train hard, just that I constantly go beyond what I should. On MOTSC I ended up running an absurdly higher volume, to the point where I got injured. With HIIT as well, I could push through more cycles than made any sense. I turn 55 in December
 
December marks my 60th birthday, and I still train fairly hard 6 days a week — resistance work mostly, with some HIIT mixed in. For the past 8 months I've been cycling Mots-c: 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off, at 2mg/day. According to my inbody scale, the results have been modest strength gains alongside 30 lbs of fat lost and 10 lbs of muscle added. While on it, I can definitely grind out a few extra reps. Last week I also went from 8 pullups to 22. I'm sure some of that comes from the weight loss.
 
Mots-C went into my stack only a couple of weeks back. My dosing is 2mg each time, taken 3x per week, and I line those doses up with my training days. Down the road I expect to raise it gradually until I reach 10mg per week.
 
Happy1971 said:

For sure, though in my case I go hard in training and frequently push into overtraining territory — not implying that you don't train hard, just that I constantly go beyond what I should. On MOTSC I ended up running an absurdly higher volume, to the point where I got injured. With HIIT as well, I could push through more cycles than made any sense. I turn 55 in December
What dose are you taking? My own protocol began at 5mg 3x a week, and the boost in workout energy was dramatic. Then I added ss-31 and lowered it to 2 mg 5x a week — the result was nothing like the 5mg 3x a wk version. I'll switch back to 5 mg and share how it goes. At 66, I'm also running Sus; without it, these workouts would be impossible for me.
 
My current protocol is 5mg of MOTS-c, taken 3 times per week. On top of that, I'm running 5mg of SS31 every day, but only for this cycle. The reason is that this is the first time I've genuinely noticed an effect, and that happened once I titrated up to 5mg — a dose I hadn't used before.
 
lessthanhalf said:

There have never been any human clinical trials of mots-c , not even phase 1 dose finding ones. Just one small study of a modified version of mots-c. So where are those Doctors getting their data from to be confidently saying what doses to use?
They are simply inventing it. So when you come across videos from these people, be aware that what you're seeing is a textbook case of greasy slimeballs — they dress something up as if evidence backs it, when in fact it doesn't.
 
Back
Top