Your Doctor’s Opinions?

copepmuscle said:

I doubt that what your doctor writes in their notes gets passed along to your insurer. From what I understand, aside from rare cases involving an appeal, the only information an insurance company receives is billing codes. So in my view, being open with your physician probably won't trigger any kind of punishment.

Semaglutide was prescribed to me by my doctor. The process began with fresh lab work and an attempt to get a baseline for insulin. Luckily, my A1C came back excellent — but that also meant Ozempic wouldn't be covered by insurance. We talked over what Wegovy costs and the possibility of using a compounding pharmacy.

After that, I visited a Gameday mens health clinic to look deeper into peptides. Even though their own testing showed my levels were normal, they kept pressing testosterone and wanted to raise it by 2x. Each time I declined, the pricing dropped. Once I turned the conversation toward peptides, they started pitching membership figures and so on. I checked out a few other clinics of that type and found them informative up to a certain point.

When I talked about all this with my doctor, he said [[Q1]] I mentioned peptides beyond the GLP1 I was already taking...

He then gave me a rundown of several peptides that look promising but aren't obtainable (reta). Another blood test was ordered by him...

I've never come right out and said [[Q2]] but he has a pretty clear idea to some degree, and as I said, he ordered blood work.

Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, very polite, discusses care thoroughly, pounds on the laptop like it owes him money.
From where I stand, insurers aren't the sole danger. RFKjr is making a strong push to get his hands on electronic medical records. (Others in this administration are after the same thing.) His stated reason is investigating a vaccine-autism connection. Your guess is as good as mine. Having the US govt anywhere near my medical records is something I want no part of, yet right now the safeguards are already flimsier than we'd like to believe.
 
It makes me happy that so many folks have seen this post. I was on the fence about telling my md that I use pep, but I ended up concluding it was better to stay quiet so long as my health stays on track. My latest bw looked excellent, and he pressed me on what I was using; I just told him improved diet and working out. That’s the whole story he needs from me.
 
spanky2026 said:

My recent visit with my doctor went poorly enough that I've decided to let him go. When I brought up Tirz, he wouldn't even entertain a conversation about it. Not at all. He showed zero interest in hearing how much weight I'd dropped, whether I had any side effects, what I was eating or how I was working out — every time I raised it, he just pivoted to something else. Over and over. My assumption is that he's worried about liability, given that I'd mentioned getting it compounded (that was then; I've gone grey since), but even so .... you're my primary care doc and you don't want to talk about this transformation of your patient, right in front of your eyes??

From what I've read, his reaction was...abnormal at best. Lots of reports of very supportive, open docs. I'll start looking for one of those.
This is a response to a thread from a while back, but back in April when I had labs drawn, the same thing happened to me. By then I was down 75 lbs, and my physician basically couldn’t care less. Her suggestion was that I should just stay at the weight I’d reached, which as far as I remember was 190. Fine…except I’d like to not fall into the overweight range, just this once. I’m well aware that you doctors would be happiest if every one of us were left hanging by a single thread, perpetually sitting a hair under the obese cutoff, so we’re forever 2 weeks from tipping back into obesity 😂👎 It’s genuinely baffling to show up at the doctor’s office and get this kind of reaction, especially when you consider how loudly they push obese patients to drop the weight.
 
I brought up the idea of using them during a short conversation with my doctors. Their response was courteous, though they stuck to the usual official guidance—cautioning me to be cautious and so on—while clearly recognizing how helpful successful weight loss or management can be.
 
Back
Top