That is a whole new level of covering their asses. I get why they might not want to write a script for that combination, but pulling it when you are already on both and still alive seems pretty extreme.chest rockwell said:
Since I’m a type 2 diabetic, I likely won’t bring up my grey triz use on my own unless he directly asks what I’ve been doing. Back when I got diagnosed, I asked whether I’d be a good candidate, and he put me on Ozempic. A few months in, after I told him I honestly couldn’t feel anything from it, he still wouldn’t raise the dose. Around then, my employer changed insurance, and the new plan wouldn’t cover it unless you jumped through tons of hoops.
I offered to pay whatever it cost, I just wanted a higher dose, and he said no. He even claimed I didn’t need it and that I should try to loose weight the hard way. (this from a dr who is type 2 himself and weighs a minimum of 350lbs).
I moved to Telehealth, and that’s where I got triz. It worked wonders, but they recently cut me off once they learned I was on insulin ( they must be able to see what I have been prescribed).
When it started looking like big pharmacy and FDA were making GLP1s harder to get without draining your bank account, I had already begun stocking up on grey.
I’ve got a physical scheduled for next week, so we will see what happens.
Still, it does not shock me that the tirz got cut instead of the insulin. Think about it: for a type 2, insulin leads to weight gain and worse health (i.e. more money), whereas tirz leads to weight loss and better health (i.e. less money).