Yet Another Extended Plateau

SapphireGlitch60

Explorer
Joined
Jun 7, 2026
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Mpls, MN
Hi all,

I've dropped 78 lbs across 2 years, but now I'm stuck in yet another lengthy plateau. Since mid-July there's been zero movement, and even before that my average was only 1lb per month. A 4 month stall happened last fall, and I really don't want to repeat that! For the past year I've been taking 12-15 of tirz. In June I added 1.5 of Cagri, which changed nothing. 3 weeks ago I brought in reta while lowering tirz, and right now I'm at 10mg tirz, 2.5mg Reta, and 1.5 Cagri. My intention was to move off tirz and over to Reta, since it feels like tirz has taken me as far as it can. But should I stay on it instead? I'm unsure. This is incredibly frustrating—I still have 30-35lbs to lose and nothing I try makes a difference.

I exercise 3-4 days each week, do heavy lifting, and track calories (1300-1500 per day). Protein ranges from 100-150g, varying by day. I'm out of ideas.

I'd really appreciate tips from other slow losers who ultimately reached the finish line.
 
For plenty of us, hitting a stall is just something that happens along the way. The more weight we drop, the lower our basal metabolic rate gets, which means calorie intake has to be dialed back to match.

Since tirzepatide brought you this far, dropping it makes no sense—layering in retatrutide at ≥ 4 mg (for the glucagon benefits) could pair really well with what you're already running.

Right now I'm on 10mg Tirz, 5mg Reta & 1m Elora, and I plan to raise the Elora to 3mg. Truth is, those final 35lbs are the stubborn ones.

Something to consider: based on the weekly activities you mentioned, the only reasonable explanation is that your calorie count is off.
 
BBA1969 said:

For plenty of us, hitting a stall is just something that happens along the way. The more weight we drop, the lower our basal metabolic rate gets, which means calorie intake has to be dialed back to match.

Since tirzepatide brought you this far, dropping it makes no sense—layering in retatrutide at ≥ 4 mg (for the glucagon benefits) could pair really well with what you're already running.

Right now I'm on 10mg Tirz, 5mg Reta & 1m Elora, and I plan to raise the Elora to 3mg. Truth is, those final 35lbs are the stubborn ones.

Something to consider: based on the weekly activities you mentioned, the only reasonable explanation is that your calorie count is off.
I figured maybe my calorie numbers were wrong, so I got strict about it — everything gets logged and weighed in MFP. What I eat is really repetitive; it's pretty much identical day to day. I can't figure out what else might be the issue, though I think you're right.

At 47 and having dieted my whole life, I know what a stall looks like. I just don't want to spend another 4 months not moving.

Fingers crossed that increasing Reta does the trick!
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

Hi all,

I've dropped 78 lbs across 2 years, but now I'm stuck in yet another lengthy plateau. Since mid-July there's been zero movement, and even before that my average was only 1lb per month. A 4 month stall happened last fall, and I really don't want to repeat that! For the past year I've been taking 12-15 of tirz. In June I added 1.5 of Cagri, which changed nothing. 3 weeks ago I brought in reta while lowering tirz, and right now I'm at 10mg tirz, 2.5mg Reta, and 1.5 Cagri. My intention was to move off tirz and over to Reta, since it feels like tirz has taken me as far as it can. But should I stay on it instead? I'm unsure. This is incredibly frustrating—I still have 30-35lbs to lose and nothing I try makes a difference.

I exercise 3-4 days each week, do heavy lifting, and track calories (1300-1500 per day). Protein ranges from 100-150g, varying by day. I'm out of ideas.

I'd really appreciate tips from other slow losers who ultimately reached the finish line.
There are times when the body, having gone through a 2 year stretch of eating in a deficit, is signaling that something needs to change. Metabolism can drop as a reaction. Given that you lift 3-4 days a week, it's possible your body is asking for a few extra calories. Most advice runs the other way, yet sometimes physiology calls for exactly that — not a big jump, but perhaps aiming to stay more consistently around the 1500-1600 mark and observing the result. You would STILL be in a deficit; naturally, I'm assuming a lot about age, sex, weight, height, and so on when I say that. Beyond that, I'd check that you aren't only tallying calories or chasing 150g of protein, but also reviewing your macros overall. After what amounts to 2 years or more in a deficit, dialing in your nutrition matters a great deal.
 
It may be time to start tracking your overall body composition and not just the numbers on a scale.
 
Fwiw, I'm 46, in perimenopause, 5'6, and weigh 171lbs right now. My tdee comes out to roughly 1600. That means if 1500 calories is what I take in daily, I'm basically at maintenance, or losing at an extremely slow pace.

For weight loss, my daily calorie budget is about 1200. Most days I stay at or under that; roughly 1 time a week I'll land near 1300.

Week to week my loss is pretty steady, but not long ago I sat at 176lbs for about 11 days straight. After that, 3 or 4lbs came off in roughly 3 days.

Really do recalculate your tdee, and be very very self-aware every day of your calorie count, and don't factor in your exercise.
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

Hi all,

I've dropped 78 lbs across 2 years, but now I'm stuck in yet another lengthy plateau. Since mid-July there's been zero movement, and even before that my average was only 1lb per month. A 4 month stall happened last fall, and I really don't want to repeat that! For the past year I've been taking 12-15 of tirz. In June I added 1.5 of Cagri, which changed nothing. 3 weeks ago I brought in reta while lowering tirz, and right now I'm at 10mg tirz, 2.5mg Reta, and 1.5 Cagri. My intention was to move off tirz and over to Reta, since it feels like tirz has taken me as far as it can. But should I stay on it instead? I'm unsure. This is incredibly frustrating—I still have 30-35lbs to lose and nothing I try makes a difference.

I exercise 3-4 days each week, do heavy lifting, and track calories (1300-1500 per day). Protein ranges from 100-150g, varying by day. I'm out of ideas.

I'd really appreciate tips from other slow losers who ultimately reached the finish line.
A few years back, I found myself in the same situation. For over 20 months I stayed in a calorie deficit, and eventually my body simply quit responding. No GLPs were involved at that point. I was following the traditional approach—exercising 4-5 times weekly, weighing every bit of food, logging everything, and so on. I dropped 50 lbs, then hit a wall and couldn't continue. My body was signaling that it needed a rest. So I did a short reverse diet, bringing calories back up to maintenance for a couple of months to give my system a reset. Once that maintenance phase ended, I returned to a deficit, and the pounds started coming off just like they had before.
 
ladyj779 said:

Fwiw, I'm 46, in perimenopause, 5'6, and weigh 171lbs right now. My tdee comes out to roughly 1600. That means if 1500 calories is what I take in daily, I'm basically at maintenance, or losing at an extremely slow pace.

For weight loss, my daily calorie budget is about 1200. Most days I stay at or under that; roughly 1 time a week I'll land near 1300.

Week to week my loss is pretty steady, but not long ago I sat at 176lbs for about 11 days straight. After that, 3 or 4lbs came off in roughly 3 days.

Really do recalculate your tdee, and be very very self-aware every day of your calorie count, and don't factor in your exercise.

Every day, several times over, I come across these threads about stalling and wonder — where has ladyj779 gone? Any discussion involving tdee, cisco, a steady deficit, stalls, logging food, weighing food, or a plateau could really use her practical wisdom. 😍

Naturally, plenty of folks both here and on YouTube are convinced the medication should carry 100% of the burden. When progress halts, the answer is to increase the dose or stack on something else. Just keep piling on and combining until goal weight is reached. According to that view, diet and exercise are never necessary as long as the drugs are handling everything. It's medication — you're supposed to let it do its job.

​#-
 
Seasonal1 said:

ladyj779 said:

Fwiw, I'm 46, in perimenopause, 5'6, and weigh 171lbs right now. My tdee comes out to roughly 1600. That means if 1500 calories is what I take in daily, I'm basically at maintenance, or losing at an extremely slow pace.

For weight loss, my daily calorie budget is about 1200. Most days I stay at or under that; roughly 1 time a week I'll land near 1300.

Week to week my loss is pretty steady, but not long ago I sat at 176lbs for about 11 days straight. After that, 3 or 4lbs came off in roughly 3 days.

Really do recalculate your tdee, and be very very self-aware every day of your calorie count, and don't factor in your exercise.

Every day, several times over, I come across these threads about stalling and wonder — where has ladyj779 gone? Any discussion involving tdee, cisco, a steady deficit, stalls, logging food, weighing food, or a plateau could really use her practical wisdom. 😍

Naturally, plenty of folks both here and on YouTube are convinced the medication should carry 100% of the burden. When progress halts, the answer is to increase the dose or stack on something else. Just keep piling on and combining until goal weight is reached. According to that view, diet and exercise are never necessary as long as the drugs are handling everything. It's medication — you're supposed to let it do its job.

​#-

There's also this: people spend basically their entire lives being told by "the experts" that 2000 calories per day is the average they should eat. So when they're told they need to eat less than that just to "be healthy" or simply to avoid being fat, it comes across as both unfair and unreasonable.

Yet much of what passed for nutrition and food science across the past hundred years or so is largely nonsense, and it was shaped in no small part by economic forces — agriculture, fuel, war, and so on.

On top of that, plenty of that guidance assumed a population that, on average, did far, far, far more physical labor than most people do now. And today's food differs enormously from anything before it in human history, in what it's made of and in how easily we can get it.

Setting aside all these modern shifts, there's another plain fact: with age, even the strongest among us lose muscle, metabolism gets slower, and all of that adds up to needing fewer calories. Be it at 45 or at 70, time eventually catches everyone.

I know I'm rambling, but lately I've also been turning over this thought: watching most civilizations worldwide grow heavier and heavier across three or four decades, I genuinely believe that those of us — the majority — are probably the metabolically normal humans. We're driven to eat constantly, and our bodies store fat efficiently. That would have made us the ones who flourished when food was briefly abundant, and therefore survived the scarce stretches — which, across year after year and age after age, was most of human history. Meanwhile, the people who "forget to eat" are the ones who, most of the time, fared worst — which also explains why there are fewer of them.

In the west, food is so wildly abundant that we subsidized much of the developing world for fifty years, and the result is lots and lots of fat people, even in very poor areas. I think that's how humans evolved — keep hunting for food, eat it the moment you find it, since you never know when famine will strike.

Blah blah blah, sorry for the essay
 
Ugh, this could be my own story. I began tirz last November, and from then until now I dropped 60 lbs at a fairly consistent pace. Then for the past month I've been STUCK at 187. Nothing is moving. Simply STUCK.

There's some nexaph reta sitting in my cart, and I'm leaning toward giving it a shot. I'm taking in about 1300 calories daily and my appetite hasn't really shifted-- it's only the weight loss that has.

The emotional side of a stall hits me really hard. For so long I felt sad and disgusted about my weight, and then tirz showed up and the relief and optimism I experienced when my work finally started paying off-- wow. It changed my life. Now the stall has me panicking that it was never real and that three months from now I'll be right back where I was a year ago. Even just the THOUGHT of that fills me with a despair that takes my breath away.

So-- I'll add some reta. Okay. I also suspect I ought to work in more fiber. I'm really hoping I can finish off this last 40. Even another 25 would feel like a miracle.
 
DidntMakeBrownies said:

Ugh, this could be my own story. I began tirz last November, and from then until now I dropped 60 lbs at a fairly consistent pace. Then for the past month I've been STUCK at 187. Nothing is moving. Simply STUCK.

There's some nexaph reta sitting in my cart, and I'm leaning toward giving it a shot. I'm taking in about 1300 calories daily and my appetite hasn't really shifted-- it's only the weight loss that has.

The emotional side of a stall hits me really hard. For so long I felt sad and disgusted about my weight, and then tirz showed up and the relief and optimism I experienced when my work finally started paying off-- wow. It changed my life. Now the stall has me panicking that it was never real and that three months from now I'll be right back where I was a year ago. Even just the THOUGHT of that fills me with a despair that takes my breath away.

So-- I'll add some reta. Okay. I also suspect I ought to work in more fiber. I'm really hoping I can finish off this last 40. Even another 25 would feel like a miracle.
My spouse found herself in the exact same situation as you. She had been using Tirz since October, reached the maximum dosage, and then hit a plateau that lasted a while. About 3 months back, at the start of June, we introduced Reta. Her Tirz stayed at 15mg, and we gradually increased her Reta to the current 4mg, divided into 2 doses each week, while keeping her Tirz at 15mg once weekly. Since then, she has been consistently dropping weight again.

Just to note, her appetite is now utterly wiped out for roughly 2 days following her Tirz injection, so we're going to reduce her Tirz dose beginning this week.
 
TriDiddy said:

DidntMakeBrownies said:

Ugh, this could be my own story. I began tirz last November, and from then until now I dropped 60 lbs at a fairly consistent pace. Then for the past month I've been STUCK at 187. Nothing is moving. Simply STUCK.

There's some nexaph reta sitting in my cart, and I'm leaning toward giving it a shot. I'm taking in about 1300 calories daily and my appetite hasn't really shifted-- it's only the weight loss that has.

The emotional side of a stall hits me really hard. For so long I felt sad and disgusted about my weight, and then tirz showed up and the relief and optimism I experienced when my work finally started paying off-- wow. It changed my life. Now the stall has me panicking that it was never real and that three months from now I'll be right back where I was a year ago. Even just the THOUGHT of that fills me with a despair that takes my breath away.

So-- I'll add some reta. Okay. I also suspect I ought to work in more fiber. I'm really hoping I can finish off this last 40. Even another 25 would feel like a miracle.
My spouse found herself in the exact same situation as you. She had been using Tirz since October, reached the maximum dosage, and then hit a plateau that lasted a while. About 3 months back, at the start of June, we introduced Reta. Her Tirz stayed at 15mg, and we gradually increased her Reta to the current 4mg, divided into 2 doses each week, while keeping her Tirz at 15mg once weekly. Since then, she has been consistently dropping weight again.

Just to note, her appetite is now utterly wiped out for roughly 2 days following her Tirz injection, so we're going to reduce her Tirz dose beginning this week.
Appreciate the response—that's the route I'm aiming to take. Were her side effects pretty significant?
 
DidntMakeBrownies said:

TriDiddy said:

DidntMakeBrownies said:

Ugh, this could be my own story. I began tirz last November, and from then until now I dropped 60 lbs at a fairly consistent pace. Then for the past month I've been STUCK at 187. Nothing is moving. Simply STUCK.

There's some nexaph reta sitting in my cart, and I'm leaning toward giving it a shot. I'm taking in about 1300 calories daily and my appetite hasn't really shifted-- it's only the weight loss that has.

The emotional side of a stall hits me really hard. For so long I felt sad and disgusted about my weight, and then tirz showed up and the relief and optimism I experienced when my work finally started paying off-- wow. It changed my life. Now the stall has me panicking that it was never real and that three months from now I'll be right back where I was a year ago. Even just the THOUGHT of that fills me with a despair that takes my breath away.

So-- I'll add some reta. Okay. I also suspect I ought to work in more fiber. I'm really hoping I can finish off this last 40. Even another 25 would feel like a miracle.
My spouse found herself in the exact same situation as you. She had been using Tirz since October, reached the maximum dosage, and then hit a plateau that lasted a while. About 3 months back, at the start of June, we introduced Reta. Her Tirz stayed at 15mg, and we gradually increased her Reta to the current 4mg, divided into 2 doses each week, while keeping her Tirz at 15mg once weekly. Since then, she has been consistently dropping weight again.

Just to note, her appetite is now utterly wiped out for roughly 2 days following her Tirz injection, so we're going to reduce her Tirz dose beginning this week.
Appreciate the response—that's the route I'm aiming to take. Were her side effects pretty significant?
None of it came from the Reta. Every side effect she's had traces back to her Tirz injection. That said, our Reta dose is still fairly low. On top of that, splitting the Reta dose seems to soften some of the sides, I'm fairly sure of that. Her weight didn't start coming off until her Reta was titrated up to 3mg. Her titration went as follows:

1mg x 1 week

2mg x 3 weeks

3mg x 6 weeks

4mg x this marks week 5 at 4mg, and we intend to remain here for a while, provided she keeps dropping roughly 1lb per week.
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

Hi all,

I've dropped 78 lbs across 2 years, but now I'm stuck in yet another lengthy plateau. Since mid-July there's been zero movement, and even before that my average was only 1lb per month. A 4 month stall happened last fall, and I really don't want to repeat that! For the past year I've been taking 12-15 of tirz. In June I added 1.5 of Cagri, which changed nothing. 3 weeks ago I brought in reta while lowering tirz, and right now I'm at 10mg tirz, 2.5mg Reta, and 1.5 Cagri. My intention was to move off tirz and over to Reta, since it feels like tirz has taken me as far as it can. But should I stay on it instead? I'm unsure. This is incredibly frustrating—I still have 30-35lbs to lose and nothing I try makes a difference.

I exercise 3-4 days each week, do heavy lifting, and track calories (1300-1500 per day). Protein ranges from 100-150g, varying by day. I'm out of ideas.

I'd really appreciate tips from other slow losers who ultimately reached the finish line.
Have you had your thyroid checked?
 
ladyj779 said:

Fwiw, I'm 46, in perimenopause, 5'6, and weigh 171lbs right now. My tdee comes out to roughly 1600. That means if 1500 calories is what I take in daily, I'm basically at maintenance, or losing at an extremely slow pace.

For weight loss, my daily calorie budget is about 1200. Most days I stay at or under that; roughly 1 time a week I'll land near 1300.

Week to week my loss is pretty steady, but not long ago I sat at 176lbs for about 11 days straight. After that, 3 or 4lbs came off in roughly 3 days.

Really do recalculate your tdee, and be very very self-aware every day of your calorie count, and don't factor in your exercise.
That's a smart idea! At 47, I'm in perimenopause too. I just ran the numbers again and my TDEE comes out to 1876. If I go into a deficit, that lands me near 1300 — so I'll aim to get closer to that number! Also, I never count exercise 😂
 
Seasonal1 said:

ladyj779 said:

Fwiw, I'm 46, in perimenopause, 5'6, and weigh 171lbs right now. My tdee comes out to roughly 1600. That means if 1500 calories is what I take in daily, I'm basically at maintenance, or losing at an extremely slow pace.

For weight loss, my daily calorie budget is about 1200. Most days I stay at or under that; roughly 1 time a week I'll land near 1300.

Week to week my loss is pretty steady, but not long ago I sat at 176lbs for about 11 days straight. After that, 3 or 4lbs came off in roughly 3 days.

Really do recalculate your tdee, and be very very self-aware every day of your calorie count, and don't factor in your exercise.

Every day, several times over, I come across these threads about stalling and wonder — where has ladyj779 gone? Any discussion involving tdee, cisco, a steady deficit, stalls, logging food, weighing food, or a plateau could really use her practical wisdom. 😍

Naturally, plenty of folks both here and on YouTube are convinced the medication should carry 100% of the burden. When progress halts, the answer is to increase the dose or stack on something else. Just keep piling on and combining until goal weight is reached. According to that view, diet and exercise are never necessary as long as the drugs are handling everything. It's medication — you're supposed to let it do its job.

​#-
It’s definitely not just the medication doing the work — far from it. I’m putting in the effort too, 100%!
 
lastresort said:

SapphireGlitch60 said:

Hi all,

I've dropped 78 lbs across 2 years, but now I'm stuck in yet another lengthy plateau. Since mid-July there's been zero movement, and even before that my average was only 1lb per month. A 4 month stall happened last fall, and I really don't want to repeat that! For the past year I've been taking 12-15 of tirz. In June I added 1.5 of Cagri, which changed nothing. 3 weeks ago I brought in reta while lowering tirz, and right now I'm at 10mg tirz, 2.5mg Reta, and 1.5 Cagri. My intention was to move off tirz and over to Reta, since it feels like tirz has taken me as far as it can. But should I stay on it instead? I'm unsure. This is incredibly frustrating—I still have 30-35lbs to lose and nothing I try makes a difference.

I exercise 3-4 days each week, do heavy lifting, and track calories (1300-1500 per day). Protein ranges from 100-150g, varying by day. I'm out of ideas.

I'd really appreciate tips from other slow losers who ultimately reached the finish line.
Have you had your thyroid checked?
Yeah, it’s been roughly 4 years since I started taking levothyroxine.
 
TriDiddy said:

DidntMakeBrownies said:

Ugh, this could be my own story. I began tirz last November, and from then until now I dropped 60 lbs at a fairly consistent pace. Then for the past month I've been STUCK at 187. Nothing is moving. Simply STUCK.

There's some nexaph reta sitting in my cart, and I'm leaning toward giving it a shot. I'm taking in about 1300 calories daily and my appetite hasn't really shifted-- it's only the weight loss that has.

The emotional side of a stall hits me really hard. For so long I felt sad and disgusted about my weight, and then tirz showed up and the relief and optimism I experienced when my work finally started paying off-- wow. It changed my life. Now the stall has me panicking that it was never real and that three months from now I'll be right back where I was a year ago. Even just the THOUGHT of that fills me with a despair that takes my breath away.

So-- I'll add some reta. Okay. I also suspect I ought to work in more fiber. I'm really hoping I can finish off this last 40. Even another 25 would feel like a miracle.
My spouse found herself in the exact same situation as you. She had been using Tirz since October, reached the maximum dosage, and then hit a plateau that lasted a while. About 3 months back, at the start of June, we introduced Reta. Her Tirz stayed at 15mg, and we gradually increased her Reta to the current 4mg, divided into 2 doses each week, while keeping her Tirz at 15mg once weekly. Since then, she has been consistently dropping weight again.

Just to note, her appetite is now utterly wiped out for roughly 2 days following her Tirz injection, so we're going to reduce her Tirz dose beginning this week.
appreciate it! I’ve been dosing my Tirz & Reta on the same day, though I’m leaning toward separating them. I may also cut out the Cagri - it doesn’t seem to have any effect on me.
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

Hi all,

I've dropped 78 lbs across 2 years, but now I'm stuck in yet another lengthy plateau. Since mid-July there's been zero movement, and even before that my average was only 1lb per month. A 4 month stall happened last fall, and I really don't want to repeat that! For the past year I've been taking 12-15 of tirz. In June I added 1.5 of Cagri, which changed nothing. 3 weeks ago I brought in reta while lowering tirz, and right now I'm at 10mg tirz, 2.5mg Reta, and 1.5 Cagri. My intention was to move off tirz and over to Reta, since it feels like tirz has taken me as far as it can. But should I stay on it instead? I'm unsure. This is incredibly frustrating—I still have 30-35lbs to lose and nothing I try makes a difference.

I exercise 3-4 days each week, do heavy lifting, and track calories (1300-1500 per day). Protein ranges from 100-150g, varying by day. I'm out of ideas.

I'd really appreciate tips from other slow losers who ultimately reached the finish line.
Knowing your starting weight, goal weight, age, and height would help frame this more precisely. Also, when did the GLP or the weight reduction begin? Diabetes?

It is certainly possible that the calorie tally is wrong, since most folks are quite poor at estimating calories, but energy use does differ quite a bit from person to person, and particularly following substantial weight reduction. My own fell by half, from 145kg down to 75kg, landing at roughly 1600-1800 kcal/day, and then held steady for 3.5 years up to now. Ultimately, my view is that trying to intentionally limit and manage calories over the long haul is quite likely to be a losing effort, if it demands ongoing exertion. Usually, cutting out certain foods is more sustainable than cutting down amounts. And a very high protein intake, at 40-50% of calories, is what worked in my case, (and my kidney function got better)

Rotating GLPs around probably will not do much; it sounds like GLP's do work for you, but how well is difficult to judge without knowing your weight before the 78 lbs came off, though it sounds like you have simply reached the ceiling of what your present doses can achieve. Reta rather than tirz should in theory yield a few additional percent of weight reduction. What I did was simply add reta on top of 15mg of tirz, and right now I am on T15mg / R7mg/cagri 0.5mg, but to get more from them the combined dose of tirz plus reta will have to be greater, and which one is higher likely makes little difference, assuming side effects are not a problem, and it does produce extra weight reduction, there is no reason to remain on extra high doses long term unless it genuinely helps, and where the point of diminishing returns falls for any given person cannot be known without experimenting, because there is no research at all so far on higher doses apart from sema. It is unfortunate that research on this matter trails the real experiences people have here.

My guess, if you doubt cagri is doing much, is to try raising the reta/tirz dose to where it works somewhat better if you can. If the dose cannot go any higher or it fails to produce more weight reduction, the only remaining option is elora. or perhaps even try adding semaglutide, since there do appear to be some individuals who do well on it. Even if the remaining weight cannot be shed, it really matters to try to be content with what you have already accomplished; in terms of health risks, what you have lost will count for more than losing more, so keeping it off is the most important part.
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

TriDiddy said:

DidntMakeBrownies said:

Ugh, this could be my own story. I began tirz last November, and from then until now I dropped 60 lbs at a fairly consistent pace. Then for the past month I've been STUCK at 187. Nothing is moving. Simply STUCK.

There's some nexaph reta sitting in my cart, and I'm leaning toward giving it a shot. I'm taking in about 1300 calories daily and my appetite hasn't really shifted-- it's only the weight loss that has.

The emotional side of a stall hits me really hard. For so long I felt sad and disgusted about my weight, and then tirz showed up and the relief and optimism I experienced when my work finally started paying off-- wow. It changed my life. Now the stall has me panicking that it was never real and that three months from now I'll be right back where I was a year ago. Even just the THOUGHT of that fills me with a despair that takes my breath away.

So-- I'll add some reta. Okay. I also suspect I ought to work in more fiber. I'm really hoping I can finish off this last 40. Even another 25 would feel like a miracle.
My spouse found herself in the exact same situation as you. She had been using Tirz since October, reached the maximum dosage, and then hit a plateau that lasted a while. About 3 months back, at the start of June, we introduced Reta. Her Tirz stayed at 15mg, and we gradually increased her Reta to the current 4mg, divided into 2 doses each week, while keeping her Tirz at 15mg once weekly. Since then, she has been consistently dropping weight again.

Just to note, her appetite is now utterly wiped out for roughly 2 days following her Tirz injection, so we're going to reduce her Tirz dose beginning this week.
appreciate it! I’ve been dosing my Tirz & Reta on the same day, though I’m leaning toward separating them. I may also cut out the Cagri - it doesn’t seem to have any effect on me.
Yeah, absolutely divide those up! Sundays are when I take reta, and Thursdays for tirz. My guess is that will really assist in keeping calorie intake steadily lower.
 
Back
Top