XL shirts are now mine

cygnus

Explorer
Joined
Dec 16, 2025
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix/Arizona/United States
For a long stretch I wore XXL, and honestly by last April those were feeling tight on me. That's over now!

32 degrees was running a deal on active wear shirts, so I took a chance on XL — and they actually fit. Given how I'm built and how much muscle I carry, reaching a L seems unlikely, and that's fine by me. By this April, I want an XL that hangs loose.

Appreciate you, GLPs.
 
miss-sanne said:

That's a good feeling, isn't it?
Yes, without a doubt. And there's more: roughly 1 month from now I have a trip coming up, and for it I need some new pants -- ordered them online from a retailer that's known for having a great return policy, since based on my own past experience I'm always braced for pants arriving too tight. But it turned out that even after going down to the size I figured I'd require, they fit a bit loosely (and in 1 month, when I actually need them, they'll be looser still). That felt incredible.
 
It feels amazing to drop an X from your size. Buying 3XL was what made me decide to change, and now I'm almost at XL but I'm set on reaching it! Nice job.
 
Nice work, that’s a big deal. For me, grabbing 2xl and xl straight off the rack are a couple of my early milestones on the way to goal one.

What pushed me to make a change wasn’t the high bp or Cpap or even feeling like crap. It was the fact that I couldn’t walk into a store and pick up shirts or pants to replace the ones that no longer fit.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Haha, all I really wanted was to be able to handle my own bathroom stuff and put my shoes on by myself. 😅
I get what you mean about the shoes! Still, Sketchers slip ins are simply too convenient to pass up 🤣

 
Estarossa19 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Haha, all I really wanted was to be able to handle my own bathroom stuff and put my shoes on by myself. 😅
I get what you mean about the shoes! Still, Sketchers slip ins are simply too convenient to pass up 🤣

Haha, I've got roughly 10 pairs of FEETHIT off Amazon — they were half off compared to Skechers and feel just as good, you just pull the laces out 😉
 
Congrats!

Last year I picked up swim trunks in size 3x. 2x would have been enough. When I put them on they looked absurdly big, so I got another pair. And honestly, and I truly CANNOT WRAP MY HEAD AROUND THIS, a medium was what I needed. A fucking medium.

30 years have passed since my waist was this small. Tirz and Reta are absolute miracles. I'm thankful my kids won't grow up without a father because of a major cardiovascular event at 46.
 
I dropped from a women’s L down to XS, and the feeling is amazing. These days, when I’m at a store trying things on, my goal isn’t finding pieces that slim my appearance—it’s just picking out whatever catches my eye. My whole perspective on clothes has shifted.
 
Back
Top