Stace_wow
Explorer
Thanks!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
ThisDrPEPr said:
At that body weight, 1300 is far too little.Stace_wow said:
Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.
Weight 264
My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk
I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.
View attachment 10092
View attachment 10093
Your system interprets this as famine.
By slowing your metabolism, you are working against your own fat loss.
Work out what you need to maintain (my guess is roughly 2600ish), take off no more than 500kcal, and hold that steady for the coming 3-4 months.
#TrustmeBro
It's great to hear the stall is lifting. I used to fast and have a few big meals too, but now I get full more quickly, so I've had to move to smaller, more frequent meals.Stace_wow said:
Appreciate the response!
My digestive problems go back roughly 20 years. The thing was...I prefer to skip breakfast and have 2 bigger meals plus a snack afterward in the day. GERD and slow stomach emptying made that approach a poor fit for me. Eating isn't a problem for me, not even at this point. A diverticulitis attack meant I needed softer foods so my sigmoid colon could rest (I consume a lot of raw vegetables and fruit, so I changed my pattern to smaller, more frequent meals, finishing around 4-5pm since I wake early). I'm someone who snacks at night, so after...years of setting calories aside for the evening, and now flipping that around, I'm still figuring out how to distribute my calories while eating more often and earlier to support my gut. Protein shakes are a solid suggestion, and I do use them, but perhaps mixing in some peanut butter would help with calories....and it tastes great. I've been doing the lean protein plus high fiber thing for quite a while, so working in fattier meats is a good thought.
I've just started adding some walking....I've walked off and on, but my interest is in raising my activity without raising my hunger, so walking fits that perfectly in my view. Once I'm leaner (I get injured easily) at about 240, I'll bring back some lifting....my body naturally carries a good amount of lean muscle.
This morning I was 260.6, so whatever stall my body was clinging to, it has released it (thankfully) and I absolutely intend to stay on 10 for as long as it keeps working for me, even with a smaller loss (.5-1 pound per week)
Neither age nor height is mentioned, and both would be useful.Stace_wow said:
Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.
Weight 264
My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk
I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.
View attachment 10092
View attachment 10093
lessthanhalf said:
Neither age nor height is mentioned, and both would be useful.Stace_wow said:
Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.
Weight 264
My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk
I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.
View attachment 10092
View attachment 10093
If side effects are not an issue, my suggestion would be to move upward, targeting 15mg weekly provided it is tolerated. Based only on a weight of 260 lbs and the 40 lbs already shed, and without any height information, this still appears to be substantial obesity.
On GLP1Chat the usual refrain is to stay at the smallest dose for the longest time, and for someone overweight or mildly obese that may be sound, but with severe long-standing obesity the likelihood is that the top dose will be needed in the end, and those are the doses with the strongest evidence for improving long-term health outcomes. I am not suggesting a dose increase when weight is already dropping quickly or when side effects are troublesome, though that does not appear to be the situation described here.
Looking further ahead, shifts in fluid balance will produce rises and falls on the scale. If your calorie intake matches what previously drove weight loss, it is probably still working even when the scale stays put; weighing yourself less frequently may help, or you could track waist circumference instead. Over the very long term, beyond 6 months to a year or longer, weight loss tends to decelerate because fewer cells are using energy, lowering energy expenditure, and because of metabolic adaptation to prolonged low calorie intake. I do not accept the idea that eating more calories fixes this. Actual energy expenditure seldom matches what EE calculators produce, particularly in severe obesity and even more so following weight loss. The only reasonably accurate method for finding the caloric deficit is to derive it from weight lost, where every kg lost equals 7700 kcal.
When you eventually reach a genuine stall, which typically takes around a year, or a year once at maximum doses, you can then decide what to do next. Without knowing BMI it is difficult to judge, but at an average height there is a decent chance you may need to think about doses above the standard range, or adding cagri or elora at that stage, depending on whether your weight loss ends up below or above average.
That description matches my own situation almost exactly. My starting point was 215, and I began the first week of January at 2mg. During those opening 2 weeks I dropped 5 and 4lbs, which I'm certain was water weight. For the most part I stayed at each dose for 4 weeks, though a few that were producing good results I stretched to 6 weeks. Right now I'm on 9mg. My original target was 170-175, but I've since moved it down. On average I lost 2.2lbs/week. There were a couple of weeks where the scale didn't move at all, and a few where it crept up slightly. I still need to sort out a maintenance dose and plan. My intention is to remain on it for as long as possible. I also only step on the scale 1 day per week. Everything I'm using is Reta.Skidude said:
My weigh-ins happened just 1 time per week, always at the same time.
Titration was something I did only when necessary, and that included weeks where the scale went up.
Below is how my titration went on the way to goal:
View attachment 10095
Losing 1 lb per week is solid — any loss at all means progress!!
Before adding more GLPs, my recommendation would be to increase steps or add another form of resistance, since things are going well and what you are already doing will carry you to your goal.
The 1 thing I wish I had done differently is paying closer attention to muscle loss; since then I have put on 4-6lbs through resistance and high protein.
DrPEPr said:
At that body weight, 1300 is far too little.Stace_wow said:
Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.
Weight 264
My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk
I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.
View attachment 10092
View attachment 10093
Your system interprets this as famine.
By slowing your metabolism, you are working against your own fat loss.
Work out what you need to maintain (my guess is roughly 2600ish), take off no more than 500kcal, and hold that steady for the coming 3-4 months.
#TrustmeBro
I'd genuinely like to read a scientific citation backing the claim that eating more can lead to more weight loss. It sounds appealing, yet it doesn't generally line up with how the body operates, whether in ordinary conditions or in the much less understood state of weight loss or the reduced energy expenditure that follows it.midlifeoptimized said:
DrPEPr said:
At that body weight, 1300 is far too little.Stace_wow said:
Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.
Weight 264
My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk
I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.
View attachment 10092
View attachment 10093
Your system interprets this as famine.
By slowing your metabolism, you are working against your own fat loss.
Work out what you need to maintain (my guess is roughly 2600ish), take off no more than 500kcal, and hold that steady for the coming 3-4 months.
#TrustmeBro
Tracking every single thing you consume is impressive—that kind of commitment isn't easy! I'm with you: your intake is too low. Going up to 1800 would make a real difference. Your energy levels would improve, and after your body stops thinking it's in starvation mode, you ought to see the scale drop more.
Aim for a protein intake of no less than 1.2g for every kg of lean mass. Add more electrolytes to your routine. Fit in additional exercise. The usual step-up plan runs 2.5 -> 5 -> 7.5 -> 10 -> 12.5 -> 15.0, which leaves you lots of room to move higher. Wait at least 4 weeks between any increase, and skip going up if the higher dose brings sides that are too rough, and also skip it when your food noise is already managed. Those are the fundamentals, and for me the results were tremendous.Stace_wow said:
Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.
Weight 264
My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk
I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.
View attachment 10092
View attachment 10093
I hate to bring this up, but there's likely a problem with how you're framing the starting point. For estimating total loss or when a stall becomes a genuine concern, the starting weight should probably be whatever you weighed before any loss at all, not what you weighed on day 1 of Tirz. That said, the stall timing itself might be counted from the most recent dose bump, though I'm skeptical that moving from 10 to 15mg buys you an additional full year of slow loss.Stace_wow said:
lessthanhalf said:
Neither age nor height is mentioned, and both would be useful.Stace_wow said:
Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.
Weight 264
My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk
I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.
View attachment 10092
View attachment 10093
If side effects are not an issue, my suggestion would be to move upward, targeting 15mg weekly provided it is tolerated. Based only on a weight of 260 lbs and the 40 lbs already shed, and without any height information, this still appears to be substantial obesity.
On GLP1Chat the usual refrain is to stay at the smallest dose for the longest time, and for someone overweight or mildly obese that may be sound, but with severe long-standing obesity the likelihood is that the top dose will be needed in the end, and those are the doses with the strongest evidence for improving long-term health outcomes. I am not suggesting a dose increase when weight is already dropping quickly or when side effects are troublesome, though that does not appear to be the situation described here.
Looking further ahead, shifts in fluid balance will produce rises and falls on the scale. If your calorie intake matches what previously drove weight loss, it is probably still working even when the scale stays put; weighing yourself less frequently may help, or you could track waist circumference instead. Over the very long term, beyond 6 months to a year or longer, weight loss tends to decelerate because fewer cells are using energy, lowering energy expenditure, and because of metabolic adaptation to prolonged low calorie intake. I do not accept the idea that eating more calories fixes this. Actual energy expenditure seldom matches what EE calculators produce, particularly in severe obesity and even more so following weight loss. The only reasonably accurate method for finding the caloric deficit is to derive it from weight lost, where every kg lost equals 7700 kcal.
When you eventually reach a genuine stall, which typically takes around a year, or a year once at maximum doses, you can then decide what to do next. Without knowing BMI it is difficult to judge, but at an average height there is a decent chance you may need to think about doses above the standard range, or adding cagri or elora at that stage, depending on whether your weight loss ends up below or above average.
Female, 45 years old
5’6
BMI 42.3
When I began GLP on 3/27/26, I weighed 285 (the first 20 pounds came off during weeks 1-2), and my highest weight had been 400 pounds (115 of that was lost through diet and exercise on my own)
No side effects at all (even once I titrated Tirz to 10mg)
This is the logic behind why I went up on my dose….
Yesterday I raised my calories to 1750, and I still dropped weight, so moving to 10mg was the correct choice.
I appreciate your comment and insight![]()