Would you increase your dose?

Stace_wow

Explorer
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Location
Hot girls don't geotag
Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.

Weight 264

My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk

I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.





ecc133d5548e5c9d953a0de60bbe6157d4889aa716e8f2922f0906de32498ad3.webp


6710677c98c4382235a45e65dd138e27559aafeb5b345c078c1f637fd1130d7a.webp
 
Typically, people can expect to drop somewhere from .5 to 2 pounds each week, and 1 pound weekly is a good pace. My approach is to stay at the same dose unless several weeks pass with no loss at all and the food noise starts returning.

No two people respond the same way, though in my case 7.5 wasn't a strong dose, and 10 worked better. Still, since you're dropping a pound per week, I'd wait a while longer to find out whether that smaller drop last week was just a one-off or the start of a pattern.
 
Early in the process, I had a stretch of roughly 3-4 weeks where my weight stayed the same. Over 3 1/2 months, I've dropped 33 lbs. Plateaus happen sometimes. If a month goes by and you're still losing under a lb each week, then I'd say wait it out.

On a related note, do you measure your portions on a scale or eyeball them? A lot of people eat more calories than they realize. It seems really unlikely that 1300 would lead to such a tiny amount of weight loss!
 
spanky2026 said:

Typically, people can expect to drop somewhere from .5 to 2 pounds each week, and 1 pound weekly is a good pace. My approach is to stay at the same dose unless several weeks pass with no loss at all and the food noise starts returning.

No two people respond the same way, though in my case 7.5 wasn't a strong dose, and 10 worked better. Still, since you're dropping a pound per week, I'd wait a while longer to find out whether that smaller drop last week was just a one-off or the start of a pattern.
☝️This.

If it fits what you're aiming for, there's zero issue with moving up to the highest dose on the standard trial timeline. Is it reta or tirz that you're on? Whichever one, going to the max dose is perfectly fine. The upside is that elora can be obtained these days, so if you top out on either one and hit a plateau, you simply begin stacking elora (a small amount will do; it's potent) until you get to your goal weight.
 
cloratheshadow said:

Early in the process, I had a stretch of roughly 3-4 weeks where my weight stayed the same. Over 3 1/2 months, I've dropped 33 lbs. Plateaus happen sometimes. If a month goes by and you're still losing under a lb each week, then I'd say wait it out.

On a related note, do you measure your portions on a scale or eyeball them? A lot of people eat more calories than they realize. It seems really unlikely that 1300 would lead to such a tiny amount of weight loss!
Everything that enters my mouth gets logged — vegetables, fruit, supplements, even 10-calorie energy drinks. I own 2 digital food scales, keeping 1 at home and another at work, and I weigh and measure every item I eat.
 
Stace_wow said:

I’m on Tirzepatide — my bad for forgetting to mention that 🤪 😆
If a plateau hits, switching to reta could be yet another path. Still, tirz combined with elora ought to cover things, assuming that step becomes necessary down the road.
 
At 10 mg you're only getting started — hold off on any call until 4 doses at that strength have gone in and steady state is reached.

For me, tirz did little on either glycemia or weight until the 10 mg mark. Eating between 800 and 1,200 kCal, the scale refused to budge. All those restrictions had pushed my basal metabolic rate into "famine mode." Reta is what finally shifted that.

Water matters a lot here, so keep it coming. Roughly 1 bathroom trip per hour, with urine in a "light straw-yellow" shade, tells you the balance is right.

Obsessing over the figures will only make you nuts. Pick up a scale whose app draws a graph. Nobody stares at the numbers while driving, so why do it with weight? Check the heading.
 
Same here — it's driving me nuts! I checked my records and my weight today matches what it was on May 4th 😂😂😂😂 unbelievable. For the past 7 weeks it's just been the same 5 pounds going down and back up! Hydration isn't the issue for me….I'm in the bathroom constantly, and the color looks great!

Maybe I should quit the daily scale check — that could be the real head game — but I enjoy having the numbers 😂 and it keeps me honest with my calorie tracking app.

ad9a777539974d2e6fe17895a8d647d7dd4e7efc7c10175f7bb00a34c3731444.webp
 
Welcome to my World!

Since May 10th, my weight hasn't budged.

In that stretch I've dealt with a vacation, being sick twice, a rodeo, and a buzzard fuck.

I'm only now recovering from food poisoning. Were you aware that when gastric emptying is slowed, food poisoning drags on longer? Words of joy can't capture this! 🤬
 
Should you decide to move your dose upward, use the tiniest increment available to you—for example, if your current amount is 25 units, try 27 or 28 units next and observe the result.
 
My weigh-ins happened just 1 time per week, always at the same time.

Titration was something I did only when necessary, and that included weeks where the scale went up.

Below is how my titration went on the way to goal:

0a72d8be9e93fa829449d2d69608fb1ef344c972ed066837d34ffc213aa6eede.webp


Losing 1 lb per week is solid — any loss at all means progress!!

Before adding more GLPs, my recommendation would be to increase steps or add another form of resistance, since things are going well and what you are already doing will carry you to your goal.

The 1 thing I wish I had done differently is paying closer attention to muscle loss; since then I have put on 4-6lbs through resistance and high protein.
 
Skidude said:

My weigh-ins happened just 1 time per week, always at the same time.

Titration was something I did only when necessary, and that included weeks where the scale went up.

Below is how my titration went on the way to goal:

View attachment 10095

Losing 1 lb per week is solid — any loss at all means progress!!

Before adding more GLPs, my recommendation would be to increase steps or add another form of resistance, since things are going well and what you are already doing will carry you to your goal.

The 1 thing I wish I had done differently is paying closer attention to muscle loss; since then I have put on 4-6lbs through resistance and high protein.
You're doing amazing! I began at 220 on Easter Monday and I'm now at 194; I'd do anything to get into the 160's like you. Especially since Football season is almost here. It's my Nemesis!
 
HARLEYV2 said:

Skidude said:

My weigh-ins happened just 1 time per week, always at the same time.

Titration was something I did only when necessary, and that included weeks where the scale went up.

Below is how my titration went on the way to goal:

View attachment 10095

Losing 1 lb per week is solid — any loss at all means progress!!

Before adding more GLPs, my recommendation would be to increase steps or add another form of resistance, since things are going well and what you are already doing will carry you to your goal.

The 1 thing I wish I had done differently is paying closer attention to muscle loss; since then I have put on 4-6lbs through resistance and high protein.
You're doing amazing! I began at 220 on Easter Monday and I'm now at 194; I'd do anything to get into the 160's like you. Especially since Football season is almost here. It's my Nemesis!
Seems like you're heading in the right direction!

I was aiming for 185, hadn't dropped under that in over 35 years.. but when this medication does its job and you put in the effort; it's like a miracle!

Best of luck!
 
Skidude said:

HARLEYV2 said:

Skidude said:

My weigh-ins happened just 1 time per week, always at the same time.

Titration was something I did only when necessary, and that included weeks where the scale went up.

Below is how my titration went on the way to goal:

View attachment 10095

Losing 1 lb per week is solid — any loss at all means progress!!

Before adding more GLPs, my recommendation would be to increase steps or add another form of resistance, since things are going well and what you are already doing will carry you to your goal.

The 1 thing I wish I had done differently is paying closer attention to muscle loss; since then I have put on 4-6lbs through resistance and high protein.
You're doing amazing! I began at 220 on Easter Monday and I'm now at 194; I'd do anything to get into the 160's like you. Especially since Football season is almost here. It's my Nemesis!
Seems like you're heading in the right direction!

I was aiming for 185, hadn't dropped under that in over 35 years.. but when this medication does its job and you put in the effort; it's like a miracle!

Best of luck!
So you're in the same age bracket as me, huh?
 
Stace_wow said:

Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.

Weight 264

My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk

I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.





View attachment 10092

View attachment 10093
At that body weight, 1300 is far too little.

Your system interprets this as famine.

By slowing your metabolism, you are working against your own fat loss.

Work out what you need to maintain (my guess is roughly 2600ish), take off no more than 500kcal, and hold that steady for the coming 3-4 months.

#TrustmeBro
 
Sasquatch said:

Welcome to my World!

Since May 10th, my weight hasn't budged.

In that stretch I've dealt with a vacation, being sick twice, a rodeo, and a buzzard fuck.

I'm only now recovering from food poisoning. Were you aware that when gastric emptying is slowed, food poisoning drags on longer? Words of joy can't capture this! 🤬

Oh! Being an ER nurse, these little pieces of information are something I really enjoy hearing (though I'm truly sorry that you're going through this)! Apart from surgical delays, I had never thought about prolonged GI tract symptoms with GLPs in patients who have GI illnesses (especially food poisoning), but it makes SO much sense.

On a brighter side, at least what you're enduring in "real life" will be passed along to my ER patients, so they'll have an idea of what to expect!

Joyful words indeed! 🤣
 
DrPEPr said:

Stace_wow said:

Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.

Weight 264

My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk

I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.





View attachment 10092

View attachment 10093
At that body weight, 1300 is far too little.

Your system interprets this as famine.

By slowing your metabolism, you are working against your own fat loss.

Work out what you need to maintain (my guess is roughly 2600ish), take off no more than 500kcal, and hold that steady for the coming 3-4 months.

#TrustmeBro
Seriously though! Back when GLP wasn't part of my routine, I aimed for 2200 calories daily....though I've dropped 40 pounds since then. I totally agree with you! Part of why my intake dropped was a soft foods diet over the past few weeks (due to gut problems) plus needing to rearrange when I eat.....yet I'm seeing that same pattern now....I'm consuming around 1300, but I realize I should be taking in more, and I definitely don't want to harm my body by under eating. I'd prefer to hit about 2000 calories. TDEE shows 2200, but I'm aware these sites usually lean toward the very LOW side.

Appreciate your input....
 
Stace_wow said:

DrPEPr said:

Stace_wow said:

Would you increase your dose? I went ahead and did. I'm interested to hear how others would have handled this situation.

Weight 264

My daily calorie intake averaged slightly below 1300 over the past week, and during that same week I dropped .4 pounds hahahhahahaaa fuk

I'm losing roughly 1 pound each week, and considering the calories I'm eating and my current weight, that doesn't feel like enough in my view.





View attachment 10092

View attachment 10093
At that body weight, 1300 is far too little.

Your system interprets this as famine.

By slowing your metabolism, you are working against your own fat loss.

Work out what you need to maintain (my guess is roughly 2600ish), take off no more than 500kcal, and hold that steady for the coming 3-4 months.

#TrustmeBro
Seriously though! Back when GLP wasn't part of my routine, I aimed for 2200 calories daily....though I've dropped 40 pounds since then. I totally agree with you! Part of why my intake dropped was a soft foods diet over the past few weeks (due to gut problems) plus needing to rearrange when I eat.....yet I'm seeing that same pattern now....I'm consuming around 1300, but I realize I should be taking in more, and I definitely don't want to harm my body by under eating. I'd prefer to hit about 2000 calories. TDEE shows 2200, but I'm aware these sites usually lean toward the very LOW side.

Appreciate your input....
At best, the figures these sites give you are an educated guess.

To find your true maintenance level, begin with a number a bit above what you suspect (say 2400) and track what happens on the scale over 2-3 weeks, weighing yourself daily.

Should the trend point upward, drop your intake by 200-250 calories and run the same test again. Once you do that, you'll have a solid answer.
 
Fam! Same situation here — the scale hasn't budged from a month ago for me either. So damn annoying!! (I bumped my dose up 2 weeks back, so here's hoping!) And honestly, your dedication to logging calories is seriously impressive! Keep it up!

From what I can tell, you've only just begun 10mg...my suggestion would be to hold at that level for 3 more weeks before deciding if another increase is warranted, though I absolutely agree that moving up on shot day was the right call (Saturdays for me too - cheers!)

The dosing increase rule I find most useful appears in the image below — it basically asks whether your weight has dropped by at least 2% compared to 4 weeks prior. Another way to frame it: "Has my weight gone down by at least 1% since 2 weeks ago?" Wishing you a loss soon, and by the way, your energy is fantastic!
 
Back
Top