Worried about this—should every shot site get a bandage now?

Are you injecting with a 10 gauge needle? Then it makes sense. Do you also reward yourself with a lollipop? That’s nice. Still, I understand.

Bill
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

Never once.
Also, when it comes to being the Catcher during gay sex, not even 1 time.

Pitching, though, that's a whole different situation! 🤩
I’m located in Kansas, please don’t ask. I’m very behind on posting.
 
No band-aids, and no alcohol on the skin either. In diabetic trials, applying alcohol to the skin provided no benefit. Those people are the experts.

Plus, I'd rather not put anything on my skin that dries it out further. Alcohol is only for the vial.
 
SeaGypsy said:

Do you mean actual band-aids? I do 3-5 injections every day and have never put on a band-aid. I wipe the spot with alcohol, inject, swipe again with alcohol, and that's it.
Same here for me. Isn't the point of a bandaid to halt bleeding? If someone spotted a few of them, you'd think they'd start wondering what you'd been up to.
 
Nerker said:

Hi, I might sound like someone who's just asking for a bacterial infection, but I've turned into a full-time pincushion lately, so I need to ask: is everyone putting a band-aid on each injection spot nowadays? Sometimes I'm doing 3 sites a day, and ripping those band-aids off hurts like a mofo. For someone who feels like a living voodoo doll, what's the right way to handle this? TY, Nerky
Use a pen with 32g/4mm needles and your reaction issues will probably go way down. I have never used a bandaid either, those tiny little needles do nearly 0 damage. Just practice sterile needle and alcohol swabs on the top of vials/carts to keep things bacteria free.
 
A bandaid was never something I even considered. My routine is just: wipe it down with alcohol, stick the needle in, and that's it. The only tweak I've made is cursing out that burning NAD+ shot.
 
Lovedog100 said:

SeaGypsy said:

Do you mean actual band-aids? I do 3-5 injections every day and have never put on a band-aid. I wipe the spot with alcohol, inject, swipe again with alcohol, and that's it.
Same here for me. Isn't the point of a bandaid to halt bleeding? If someone spotted a few of them, you'd think they'd start wondering what you'd been up to.
If a person is bleeding to the point where a bandage seems necessary, then in my view the injection technique is seriously off 🤷‍♀️
 
Back
Top