wheymaster1
Explorer
I don't use a band aid; that's only done for blood draws. My routine is just to clean the area with an alcohol pad both before and after.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Using band-aids is an absolute must. And don't rip them off—let them stay put until they fall away while you shower. Keep a good supply on hand and stay safe.Nerker said:
Hi, I might sound like someone who's just asking for a bacterial infection, but I've turned into a full-time pincushion lately, so I need to ask: is everyone putting a band-aid on each injection spot nowadays? Sometimes I'm doing 3 sites a day, and ripping those band-aids off hurts like a mofo. For someone who feels like a living voodoo doll, what's the right way to handle this? TY, Nerky
For me to think a bandaid is warranted, the bleeding has to continue beyond a couple seconds. So far I haven't jabbed myself hard enough for that to happen. As long as you swabbed the spot with an alcohol wipe before injecting, you should be okay.Nerker said:
Hi, I might sound like someone who's just asking for a bacterial infection, but I've turned into a full-time pincushion lately, so I need to ask: is everyone putting a band-aid on each injection spot nowadays? Sometimes I'm doing 3 sites a day, and ripping those band-aids off hurts like a mofo. For someone who feels like a living voodoo doll, what's the right way to handle this? TY, Nerky
I skip the alcohol altogether, both beforehand and afterward. The needle barely breaks the skin—honestly, I pick up nastier scrapes and nicks just doing yard work from morning to night. Still kicking.Imcody2010 said:
Saw a post. At the start, I had questions about bandaids.
Once that first needle goes in, taking the bandaid off seems like it would sting more than the shot itself. lol. I just use alcohol before and after.
Um, what about Rainbow Brite?indolent said:
Only Hello Kitty or Casper the Friendly Ghost bandaids count as medically effective. That's science.
indolent said:
Only Hello Kitty or Casper the Friendly Ghost bandaids count as medically effective. That's science.
This is completely true, 100%.indolent said:
Only Hello Kitty or Casper the Friendly Ghost bandaids count as medically effective. That's science.
Haha, I get that. Using a weed eater while wearing shorts leaves me all scratched up, yet I avoid jeans when it's this hot unless a tough day of work is ahead. Given the choice, I'd take the pin over that any time.spanky2026 said:
I skip the alcohol altogether, both beforehand and afterward. The needle barely breaks the skin—honestly, I pick up nastier scrapes and nicks just doing yard work from morning to night. Still kicking.Imcody2010 said:
Saw a post. At the start, I had questions about bandaids.
Once that first needle goes in, taking the bandaid off seems like it would sting more than the shot itself. lol. I just use alcohol before and after.