Worried about this—should every shot site get a bandage now?

Nerker

Explorer
Joined
Feb 3, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Hi, I might sound like someone who's just asking for a bacterial infection, but I've turned into a full-time pincushion lately, so I need to ask: is everyone putting a band-aid on each injection spot nowadays? Sometimes I'm doing 3 sites a day, and ripping those band-aids off hurts like a mofo. For someone who feels like a living voodoo doll, what's the right way to handle this? TY, Nerky
 
Do you mean actual band-aids? I do 3-5 injections every day and have never put on a band-aid. I wipe the spot with alcohol, inject, swipe again with alcohol, and that's it.
 
Nerker said:

Hi, I might sound like someone who's just asking for a bacterial infection, but I've turned into a full-time pincushion lately, so I need to ask: is everyone putting a band-aid on each injection spot nowadays? Sometimes I'm doing 3 sites a day, and ripping those band-aids off hurts like a mofo. For someone who feels like a living voodoo doll, what's the right way to handle this? TY, Nerky
Nah, just inject and move on—you're good.

Since it's not IV, there's no fluid pressure pushing out of that puncture.

If it gives you peace of mind, another alcohol swab is fine. It won't hurt anything.
 
I don't bother with Band-Aids. When I nick a tiny vein by mistake and the spot starts bleeding, I simply press on it for 1 minute.
 
Nerker said:

Hi, I might sound like someone who's just asking for a bacterial infection, but I've turned into a full-time pincushion lately, so I need to ask: is everyone putting a band-aid on each injection spot nowadays? Sometimes I'm doing 3 sites a day, and ripping those band-aids off hurts like a mofo. For someone who feels like a living voodoo doll, what's the right way to handle this? TY, Nerky
When it comes to band-aids, I skip them entirely.
 
indolent said:

Only Hello Kitty or Casper the Friendly Ghost bandaids count as medically effective. That's science.
Hold on...you mean my Minions bandages have to go in the trash?!? ☹️😂
 
I don’t use bandaids on injection spots. And if something unrelated to injections ever needed a bandaid, I’d likely just wrap it with electrical tape instead. 😉
 
randompersonrandom said:

An ex of mine said something that stuck with me: [[Q1]]
I'm totally with you on that....but just try explaining it to my 4 year old. 🙄🙄

Bandaids in my house come in multiple Costco bulk packs. 5 kids + farm life = plenty of booboos.
 
A bandaid isn't necessary, in my opinion. On top of that, you really shouldn't be causing bleeding. Should any occur, grab a cotton swab and apply pressure or move it over the spot. It'll seal right away.
 
Back
Top