spyke65
Explorer
DragonOfTheSea said:
spyke65 said:
Returned recently from a 2-week stay in South America. My carry-on contained a Reta cartridge, a Sema cartridge, BAC, and 2 vials of TA-1 powder, while all remaining pen needles and reconstitution syringes were packed in my checked bag for the outbound flight. Neither TSA nor arrival in Buenos Aires gave me any trouble. I left Rio de Janeiro carrying the same items, and no one questioned anything at departure or when clearing US customs.spyke65 said:
I’ve flown throughout the US, Europe, and the Caribbean, and TSA (or its foreign counterparts) has never even inquired. Just one time did an agent unzip my container — a metal thermos holding a sealed ice pack — glance inside, then wave me through. These days I use a pen and bring cartridges loaded with only the amount needed for the trip. Typically 3 peps — Reta, Sema, and TA1 — plus sufficient pen needles sit in that thermos. On the return leg, I discard the cartridges (now empty) and put the entire thing into my checked luggage. Over the coming two months, I’ll find out how straightforward South America turns out to be.
Mexico and Colombia are what come next.
Wow, bringing the lyophilized powder and BAC water along feels pretty bold to me…
I recently returned from Canada, and I packed 1 vial holding just enough for the whole trip, plus syringes and wipes, inside a TSA approved cold pack pouch — zero problems at all.
That was likely one of my less smart decisions. With Bogota's long-standing reputation, I figure I'll steer clear of doing that when I head to Colombia.