Nerker
Explorer
Hi,
Monday I leave for a work trip lasting two weeks, and I’m trying to figure out the best way to handle this.
My protocol calls for 2mg pinned 2x.
A. Take a 10mg vial, bacwater, and needles, put them in checked luggage, and reconstitute in a room with a fridge.
Worries: 1/ The vial sits outside the freezer and at room or checked bag temperature for 14hours while traveling. 2/ The 6mg of reconstituted liquid left over won’t survive the flight back.
B. Preload 2 needles with my dose, put them in a needle tote (or a DIY version) with ice packs, and hope they don’t turn cloudy.
Worries: 1/ The doses could freeze or somehow become unstable.
Choice A feels more reliable, but I might lose 6mg if it doesn’t make it home well.
Choice B is the easiest, but I’m unsure how well a homemade ice pack setup works in luggage (like, could I accidentally freeze it with the ice packs?).
Any experience? Any option I’m missing?
I considered carrying a needle bag through security, but I’m a bad liar and can’t pull off a diabetic alibi (especially with unmarked syringes). And wouldn’t every junkie on Earth travel through security with speedballs this way if it didn’t draw attention?
Thanks.
Nerker
Monday I leave for a work trip lasting two weeks, and I’m trying to figure out the best way to handle this.
My protocol calls for 2mg pinned 2x.
A. Take a 10mg vial, bacwater, and needles, put them in checked luggage, and reconstitute in a room with a fridge.
Worries: 1/ The vial sits outside the freezer and at room or checked bag temperature for 14hours while traveling. 2/ The 6mg of reconstituted liquid left over won’t survive the flight back.
B. Preload 2 needles with my dose, put them in a needle tote (or a DIY version) with ice packs, and hope they don’t turn cloudy.
Worries: 1/ The doses could freeze or somehow become unstable.
Choice A feels more reliable, but I might lose 6mg if it doesn’t make it home well.
Choice B is the easiest, but I’m unsure how well a homemade ice pack setup works in luggage (like, could I accidentally freeze it with the ice packs?).
Any experience? Any option I’m missing?
I considered carrying a needle bag through security, but I’m a bad liar and can’t pull off a diabetic alibi (especially with unmarked syringes). And wouldn’t every junkie on Earth travel through security with speedballs this way if it didn’t draw attention?
Thanks.
Nerker