Wish Niimbot offered a wider range of ribbon colors

leo_123

Explorer
Joined
Jun 29, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
America
Right now my M2 is set up with red and gold ribbons, and I'd like to experiment with something different. The selection just doesn't seem very broad... It would be great if brown came along at some point 😭

Which colors do you all have?
 
I picked up a ribbon in black and red, though I’d love to see an orange option from them at some point.
 
leo_123 said:

Right now my M2 is set up with red and gold ribbons, and I'd like to experiment with something different. The selection just doesn't seem very broad... It would be great if brown came along at some point 😭

Which colors do you all have?

Riki mentioned that pink, purple and orange are planned for release eventually. As for the timing, I really don't know.
 
CandyCap said:

leo_123 said:

Right now my M2 is set up with red and gold ribbons, and I'd like to experiment with something different. The selection just doesn't seem very broad... It would be great if brown came along at some point 😭

Which colors do you all have?

Riki mentioned that pink, purple and orange are planned for release eventually. As for the timing, I really don't know.

Blue ribbons exist in their lineup, yet each visit to the site shows them sold out.
 
FartfulCodger said:

The M2 hasn't won me over yet, and this is a big reason why. Perhaps @Teddy has heard whether a wider selection is in the works.

CandyCap said:

leo_123 said:

Right now my M2 is set up with red and gold ribbons, and I'd like to experiment with something different. The selection just doesn't seem very broad... It would be great if brown came along at some point 😭

Which colors do you all have?

Riki mentioned that pink, purple and orange are planned for release eventually. As for the timing, I really don't know.
It would be great if additional ribbon colors come out at some point... I plan to bring it up with Teddy.
 
AlexSilver said:

CandyCap said:

leo_123 said:

Right now my M2 is set up with red and gold ribbons, and I'd like to experiment with something different. The selection just doesn't seem very broad... It would be great if brown came along at some point 😭

Which colors do you all have?

Riki mentioned that pink, purple and orange are planned for release eventually. As for the timing, I really don't know.

Blue ribbons exist in their lineup, yet each visit to the site shows them sold out.
For the blue M2, every one of them is available right now. Why the printer's color would make a difference is beyond me, yet it seems that it does.
 
FartfulCodger said:

The M2 hasn't won me over yet, and this is a big reason why. Perhaps @Teddy has heard whether a wider selection is in the works.
I'll revisit this later. Should anything change, I'll share it with you all in this thread.
 
Torque said:

AlexSilver said:

CandyCap said:

leo_123 said:

Right now my M2 is set up with red and gold ribbons, and I'd like to experiment with something different. The selection just doesn't seem very broad... It would be great if brown came along at some point 😭

Which colors do you all have?

Riki mentioned that pink, purple and orange are planned for release eventually. As for the timing, I really don't know.

Blue ribbons exist in their lineup, yet each visit to the site shows them sold out.
For the blue M2, every one of them is available right now. Why the printer's color would make a difference is beyond me, yet it seems that it does.
Nope, the ribbon with blue ink.
 
leo_123 said:

Right now my M2 is set up with red and gold ribbons, and I'd like to experiment with something different. The selection just doesn't seem very broad... It would be great if brown came along at some point 😭

Which colors do you all have?

FartfulCodger said:

The M2 hasn't won me over yet, and this is a big reason why. Perhaps @Teddy has heard whether a wider selection is in the works.

CandyCap said:

leo_123 said:

Right now my M2 is set up with red and gold ribbons, and I'd like to experiment with something different. The selection just doesn't seem very broad... It would be great if brown came along at some point 😭

Which colors do you all have?

Riki mentioned that pink, purple and orange are planned for release eventually. As for the timing, I really don't know.
Niimbot M2 owners have something to look forward to — a purple ribbon is set to arrive at the end of August! 💜 Pink and silver are in the pipeline too, though I don’t have a firm date for those yet. They should show up a little further down the road. As soon as I learn anything new, I’ll post it here! 😊
 
Teddy said:


Good news for Niimbot M2 users — a purple ribbon is coming at the end of August! 💜 Pink and silver are also on the way, but I don’t have an exact timeline yet. They’ll be available a bit later. I’ll share any updates here when I hear more! 😊

Click to expand...
That's great, Teddy. I appreciate you checking into it. Once I've bounced back from my vacation spending spree, I'll pick up my new M2.
 
FartfulCodger said:


Awesome, Teddy. Thanks for looking into this. I'll be buying my new M2 as soon as I recover from vacation overspending.

Click to expand...
Happy I could assist!
 
At the moment I've got a black ribbon loaded, and I have to say it pairs beautifully with colorful label tapes. That dark ribbon against bright hues creates a really striking contrast.

I didn't anticipate it turning out this nice, yet it's become one of the combos I like best.

If you haven't given this pairing a shot, I'd absolutely suggest it!
 
FartfulCodger said:

The M2 hasn't won me over yet, and this is a big reason why. Perhaps @Teddy has heard whether a wider selection is in the works.
I felt the same way about wishing there were additional shades to choose from, until it clicked that M2 ribbons are sold on their own. So I picked up black and gold versions to alternate.

To be honest, if a purple ribbon ever came out, my wallet would be in trouble 😂 I'd place an order for it right away.
 
SleepyPenguin said:

At the moment I've got a black ribbon loaded, and I have to say it pairs beautifully with colorful label tapes. That dark ribbon against bright hues creates a really striking contrast.

I didn't anticipate it turning out this nice, yet it's become one of the combos I like best.

If you haven't given this pairing a shot, I'd absolutely suggest it!
That’s awesome! I’m going to try this for sure!
 
SleepyPenguin said:

At the moment I've got a black ribbon loaded, and I have to say it pairs beautifully with colorful label tapes. That dark ribbon against bright hues creates a really striking contrast.

I didn't anticipate it turning out this nice, yet it's become one of the combos I like best.

If you haven't given this pairing a shot, I'd absolutely suggest it!
That's really impressive! I have to ask — what method did you use to get such a big black section out of the M2? The finished look is stunning.
 
Back
Top